[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

6 hours ago, Jack the Green Ghost said:

I live this mod but can the creator create more aqured reflections because this ones are “slow” and something is glitching in helmed reflections. Or many the problem is mine so if someone know help

I.E. They're refreshing slow for you? I set the reflections to update their location every 2 seconds as they can quickly increase lag if you set it lower. You can manually increase their refresh rate by going into the config and setting the number lower if you want but I forget the parameter name. CTRL+Replace all with the value you want. :)

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I.E. They're refreshing slow for you? I set the reflections to update their location every 2 seconds as they can quickly increase lag if you set it lower. You can manually increase their refresh rate by going into the config and setting the number lower if you want but I forget the parameter name. CTRL+Replace all with the value you want. :)

Ok tnx

On 21/01/2018 at 9:54 PM, Azzie said:

Hi all,

After istalled this mod, I´v get this semi-transparent glitch.  Is any solution , how fix it please ?

1VgB.png

I've got the same issue with only TRR and WindowShine installed. So it isn't a conflict with another mod. (Both KSP32 & KSP64)

On 26/12/2017 at 7:04 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Yeah, it's caused by WindowShine but I'm not exactly sure why/what in WS is causing it. It hasn't been enough of an issue to warrant uninstalling WindowShine though imo, but it's been annoying for sure.

I think it might be to do with inverted normal maps. I have very little experience with graphics though, so I don't know how it could be fixed.

On 21-1-2018 at 9:54 PM, Azzie said:

Hi all,

After istalled this mod, I´v get this semi-transparent glitch.  Is any solution , how fix it please ?

1VgB.png

Seems to be a problem with the current shader that TextureReplacerReplaced is using, as is described here. The shader will be updated in the (hopefully near) future.  

On 22.1.2018 at 7:55 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

Sadly I don't know of a fix for this at the moment; I'm aware of it though.

When does this happen? I don't know why the Shader now gets some transparency values feeded, it should only happen, when in the emissive map the alpha value is set to something other than 0. ( This channel is normally unused) 

I could create a new shader that doesn't use transparency, so that could be used in the affected parts instead.

4 hours ago, Ger_space said:

When does this happen? I don't know why the Shader now gets some transparency values feeded, it should only happen, when in the emissive map the alpha value is set to something other than 0. ( This channel is normally unused) 

I could create a new shader that doesn't use transparency, so that could be used in the affected parts instead.

Somehow it seems like all the parts that get reflective maps (which the shader utilizes) are not casting the right shadows anymore either.

Of those parts, only the pieces that are reflective (windows/panels) cast a shadow, while the plating material etc surrounding it is shadowless. Perhaps the wrong maps (the windowshine ones) are (invertedly) being used for calculation of shadows+transparency, instead of the regular ones.

All non-reflective parts (the ones not included in windowshine) are fine.

For those who have the transparency issue and who can't play with it, you can download the previous version of TextureReplacerReplaced. The version 0.5.3 (CKAN fix) don't have this issue. (of course if you play on windows...)

Edited by Vandest

On 2/6/2018 at 7:30 AM, Leophos said:

Somehow it seems like all the parts that get reflective maps (which the shader utilizes) are not casting the right shadows anymore either.

Of those parts, only the pieces that are reflective (windows/panels) cast a shadow, while the plating material etc surrounding it is shadowless. Perhaps the wrong maps (the windowshine ones) are (invertedly) being used for calculation of shadows+transparency, instead of the regular ones.

All non-reflective parts (the ones not included in windowshine) are fine.

Transparency is always an issue of the  shader being used. normal parts should never use a shader which supports transparency. Maybe there is some default shader which is used instead of the reflective shader, but then the alpha values are interpreted as transparency instead of as reflective value. 

Are the mesh-filter settings correct on these parts and the alpha channels all black on the metal? but the last I tested remember the metal was reflective to, but if now there is the mesh names are filtered, then this could be the cause of the trouble. 

On 7. 2. 2018 at 5:57 AM, Vandest said:

For those who have the transparency issue and who can't play with it, you can download the previous version of TextureReplacerReplaced. The version 0.5.3 (CKAN fix) don't have this issue. (of course if you play on windows...)

where can i download that version? cannot find download link on google. i am a newbie on ksp modding..

On 18/02/2018 at 6:51 PM, Wojtek_ftw said:

KSP v 1.3.1

Windowshine v16

TextureReplacerReplaced 0.5.3 ckan fix

ModuleManager 3.0.4

Issue: Window reflections don't work and some modules are transparent.

Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bm2b180d8rcu2n/ad.png?dl=0

I think it's not exactly the same issue. The issue that you mention is only on pieces of part and it happen only on mk3 parts.

It's also happen to my game but oddly, not exactly in the same way:

Spoiler

T2FyFeD.jpg

I've tried different transparency levels of texture and even with 0 transparent texture the bug stay there.

11 hours ago, MaximumThrust said:

Is possible to change the colors of the windows? Not the reflection, but the color. I wanted all OPT parts to have windows that matched the stock ones.

Yes though you do it the same way you would without WindowShine - Would need to manually change the window color in the texture for each part. I did this for a few of the stock textures in WindowShine actually since they've had about three different window styles between each era of parts :P 

8 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Yes though you do it the same way you would without WindowShine - Would need to manually change the window color in the texture for each part. I did this for a few of the stock textures in WindowShine actually since they've had about three different window styles between each era of parts :P 

Yeah, but I only have very basic skills in photoshop, I'm afraid the result won't be very good :/

I have a Cormorant Aeronology patch I homemade to RO-ize the parts, and the cockpit has got an FSTextureSwitch module. I'm not sure if that's the problem (it swaps the cockpit textures between stock, shuttle-like and buran-like) but when I set up the windowshine patch up for it using the example patches as a base, and following the style of the alpha channel editing that windowshine does on the correct textures, the entire cockpit is shiny instead of just the windows and the shadows on it are all screwy. Any idea why this might be?

Crossposting this in the relevant threads, this is driving me nuts.

I can post the relevant patch on pastebin; here it is.

https://pastebin.com/NTsVRMxB

Yeah, so I actually didn't think I needed this mod at first. Saw the gif and everyone praising it, but I thought the game was good looking enough. Silly me. 

Through numerous installs I've always had the transparency glitch, and gave the "old-TRR-fix" a try, and oh my! It's gorgeous, I keep on spinning the spcecrafts constantly just to watch the reflection! Thanks for this!

4 hours ago, Midline said:

Yeah, so I actually didn't think I needed this mod at first. Saw the gif and everyone praising it, but I thought the game was good looking enough. Silly me. 

Through numerous installs I've always had the transparency glitch, and gave the "old-TRR-fix" a try, and oh my! It's gorgeous, I keep on spinning the spcecrafts constantly just to watch the reflection! Thanks for this!

:D thanks for the praise! It always warms my heart to hear back from people like yourself :)

On 2/26/2018 at 6:07 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Likewise :D

I tried my best to make a decent blue texture, but it didn't fitted well, black is much better. I guess the best way is to simple make the Mk2 black too (and I don't use the Mk3). Since spaceplanes windows usually have to endure more heat than windows from other parts, it would make some sense. The windows in the shuttle orbiter also looks black.

Edited by MaximumThrust

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.