[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

On 12/31/2018 at 2:37 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Reason would probably be that TR and TRR use different shader names in the config, I forget the names but its probably an easy fix? I don't use any of the additional part packs though and my interest is somewhat limited to what I use now :/

Got it to work:

in the configs change:

@PART[examplepart]:HAS[!MODULE[TRR_Reflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacerReplaced]
{
    %MODULE[TRR_Reflection]
    {
%name = TRR_Reflection
%shader = ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha

to:

@PART[examplepart]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
%name = TRReflection
%shader = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse

--EDIT--

also for some reason in stationpartsredux part names were changed to start with "sspx" so you have to change that too.

Edited by kostik

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 8:29 AM, MysticDaedra said:

Problem with using TextureReplacer instead of TRR is that I can't use your other fantastic mod, Spectra, due to mod conflicts. 

You can. As stated in the Spectra thread, you need to install TextureReplacer, instead of TRR. If you don't use CKAN, it's as simple as it gets.

I do use CKAN, here's my workaround:

-install Spectra through CKAN (TRR will be installed as a dependency),

-go to GameData, delete TRR folder (CKAN will keep showing it as "installed"),

-download and install TextureReplacer (manually)

Edit: Actually, that workaround is a mess. Go figure. Do let me know if there is a better way.

Edited by MuchozolF

• 5 weeks later...

I've run into an issue with this mod. There is no rhyme or reason to what parts disappear each time, but everytime something on my space shuttle explodes, random parts of it will turn invisible, then spit out the error shown in the screenshot maybe twice every second. I know it's this mod, because when I removed it, it no longer happened. I'm using kostik's fix, so I don't know if it's something to do with that, or something that's been changed code wise since 1.3 (I'm using 1.6.1).

3fKo7af.jpg

30 minutes ago, JacobTheFoxx said:

I've run into an issue with this mod. There is no rhyme or reason to what parts disappear each time, but everytime something on my space shuttle explodes, random parts of it will turn invisible, then spit out the error shown in the screenshot maybe twice every second. I know it's this mod, because when I removed it, it no longer happened. I'm using kostik's fix, so I don't know if it's something to do with that, or something that's been changed code wise since 1.3 (I'm using 1.6.1).

3fKo7af.jpg

We need the log files. Without them, no one can help you. Log files are output_log.txt and  and KSP.log

I realize that this mod is not currently working with the available textureReplacer for ksp 1.6.1, but the new textureReplacer seems to use some slick new shader for accurate relections on the visors. What I wondering is if there is any easy way to adapt the stock part .cfg's from this mod to use that new shader?

18 minutes ago, Errol said:

I realize that this mod is not currently working with the available textureReplacer for ksp 1.6.1, but the new textureReplacer seems to use some slick new shader for accurate relections on the visors. What I wondering is if there is any easy way to adapt the stock part .cfg's from this mod to use that new shader?

What do you mean not working ? you must be using the wrong download link for what you have installed one works with TRR and one for TR be sure to get the right one 

40 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

What do you mean not working ? you must be using the wrong download link for what you have installed one works with TRR and one for TR be sure to get the right one 

Ok, great, thank you, I've got it working in ksp 1.6.1, but the new mk1 pod and mk1-3 command pod don't have reflective windows (which is part of why I didn't think it was working at first, because I was checking it with those parts). My mm-fu is pretty weak, but I am trying things to see if I can get it working for those parts. Will edit this post if I find anything that works.

Edited by Errol

35 minutes ago, Errol said:

Ok, great, thank you, I've got it working in ksp 1.6.1, but the new mk1 pod and mk1-3 command pod don't have reflective windows (which is part of why I didn't think it was working at first, because I was checking it with those parts). My mm-fu is pretty weak, but I am trying things to see if I can get it working for those parts. Will edit this post if I find anything that works.

If you wanted everything to shine you could do 

@PART[mk1pod_v2]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE[TRReflection]
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 4
%meshes = 
	}
}

@PART[mk1-3pod]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE[TRReflection]
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 4
%meshes = 
	}
}

@PART[MEMLander]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE[TRReflection]
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 4
%meshes = 
	}
}

@PART[Mk2Pod]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE[TRReflection]
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 4
%meshes = 
	}
}

@PART[kv1Pod]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE[TRReflection]
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 4
%meshes = 
	}
}

@PART[kv2Pod]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE[TRReflection]
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 4
%meshes = 
	}
}

@PART[kv3Pod]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE[TRReflection]
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 4
%meshes = 
	}
}

25 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

If you wanted everything to shine you could do ...

I tried that, and actually th mk1 command pod works properly, while the mk 1-3 command pod is shiny all over. Not sure what the difference is...I am going to install making history and check how it acts on that stuff.

23 minutes ago, Errol said:

I tried that, and actually th mk1 command pod works properly, while the mk 1-3 command pod is shiny all over. Not sure what the difference is...I am going to install making history and check how it acts on that stuff.

If you leave mesh =   ( blank ) it gets it all  and if all shine stuff is what you want you could do 

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE[TRReflection]
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 4
%meshes = 
	}
}

that would do all not sure if it would lag or not

23 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

If you leave mesh =   ( blank ) it gets it all  and if all shine stuff is what you want you could do 

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE[TRReflection]
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 4
%meshes = 
	}
}

that would do all not sure if it would lag or not

Yeah, it is working like that for me, I turned the colour down to 0.1 0.1 0.1 in order to make the effect less distracting....but with the mk1pod, and the name mk1pod_v2 like you put, it actually functions correctly, even with mesh = ( blank ), giving just the window porthole the shiny effect and leaving the rest of the pod alone. Did squad make more changes to the mk1-3 pod's such that the model (or mesh, or what ever, I don't know exactly what all these terms mean) cannot support the old windowshine definitions? Another way of putting it, are we just lucky that the mk1pod_v2 happens to use a mesh (or w/e) that is close enough to the old 'v1' that windowshine still works with it, meaning that we cannot do the same for the mk1-3pod? I tried changing the PART line to read mk1-3pod_v2 and that did not work, any ideas?

Edited by Errol

14 minutes ago, Errol said:

Yeah, it is working like that for me, I turned the colour down to 0.1 0.1 0.1 in order to make the effect less distracting....but with the mk1pod, and the name mk1pod_v2 like you put, it actually functions correctly, giving just the window porthole the shiny effect and leaving the rest of the pod alone. Did squad make more changes to the mk1-3 pod's such that the model (or mesh, or what ever, I don't know exactly what all these terms mean) cannot support the old windowshine definitions? Another way of putting it, are we just lucky that the mk1pod_v2 happens to use a mesh (or w/e) that is close enough to the old 'v1' that windowshine still works with it, meaning that we cannot do the same for the mk1-3pod? I tried changing the PART line to read mk1-3pod_v2 and that did not work, any ideas?

If you look in the download for this mod you will see a TextureReplacer folder open it then  Default keep going to you see command you will see they added some textures and a handing tool to use to find a name of a mesh is https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/135726-1x-debugstuff-2018-03-13-see-the-hidden-secrets-of-the-game-objects/

@Mecripp hmm....I just noticed that it seems any with part with the mesh left blank ends up causing many parts (including fuel tanks and engines which don't even have any reflection modules at all) as well as themselves, becomes invisible in the flight scene. It works in VAB, but in flight I am getting a bug similar to the "some parts are invisible in flight scene" bug mentioned above in this thread.

I noticed a bunch of nullref spam when it was happening (logs incl):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ug0yw046yycnbfg/KSP.log?dl=0

EDIT: So I've been testing all night trying to track down the cause of this bug, with no luck. I've learned that I was wrong about the blank meshes field causing the bug, as I've removed all those patches from the config. Also, the random parts going invisible thing isn't restricted to the flight scene, it happens in the VAB on loading a craft file as well. Any ideas @Avera9eJoe?

Edited by Errol

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, Chubby_Hamster said:

I looked at how you make WindowsShine work on other versions and decided to publish the config on spacedock. OK?

Link: https://spacedock.info/mod/2335/WindowShine 1.8.X (Unofficial)

License: https://spacedock.info/mod/2335/WindowShine 1.8.X (Unofficial)

Hey there! Yes that works for me, thanks for sending the request to Co-host it as well. Do you want me to request you to co-host the Official one, and then upload your fixes?

39 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hey there! Yes that works for me, thanks for sending the request to Co-host it as well. Do you want me to request you to co-host the Official one, and then upload your fixes?

Hello! I didn't think you'd answer)

great idea! I agree

(translated by Google translator)

11 hours ago, Chubby_Hamster said:

Hello! I didn't think you'd answer)

great idea! I agree

(translated by Google translator)

I sent you a co-host request :D Thank you for updating WindowShine, I was lazy and never repatched it for TextureReplacer. It makes me happy that you care so much about it :)

I don't think I will be working on WindowShine too much more so if you want to make any changes to it go ahead :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

4 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I sent you a co-host request :D Thank you for updating WindowShine, I was lazy and never repatched it for TextureReplacer. It makes me happy that you acre so much about it :)

I don't think I will be working on WindowShine too much more so if you want to make any changes to it go ahead :)

Thank i upload update soon (:

10 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I sent you a co-host request :D Thank you for updating WindowShine, I was lazy and never repatched it for TextureReplacer. It makes me happy that you care so much about it :)

Hi I updated the mod! https://spacedock.info/mod/1504/WindowShine?ga=<Game+3102+'Kerbal+Space+Program'>

I have a question: delete an unofficial mod page? 

1 hour ago, Chubby_Hamster said:

Hi I updated the mod! https://spacedock.info/mod/1504/WindowShine?ga=<Game+3102+'Kerbal+Space+Program'>

I have a question: delete an unofficial mod page? 

In General I did not think of it myself in this update I found how to do it on the forum.

This was invented by kostik https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/profile/193273-kostik/ 

I just entered it in the config and posted it

Edited by Chubby_Hamster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.