[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

I really hope this gains OpenGL compatibility, as I only have OSX and Linux available to play KSP on!

I'm playing on linux and both reflections on Kerbals and windows seem to be working.

I can't seem to get WindowShine to work, I can give you an end log, as much as that will work. No shine at all. In addition, I can't seem to get past the VAB, launching the craft does nothing, the button does not even seem to work. Here is the log: Anything more, just ask!

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzwBQu9jNY8cRXF4N1RDNUR5N1E/view?usp=sharing

I feel a little bit stupid for posting a solution to a problem about which I am completely clueless, but after failing to get the reflections working, I decided to throw module manager for no reason.

Voila, beautiful reflections.

For some reason I can't get mine to work. I've tried a fresh install, and am not using OpenGL. The textures change, but there are no reflections. Any solutions?

Do you have ModuleManager? I forgot to add that to dependencies :blush:

I can't seem to get WindowShine to work, I can give you an end log, as much as that will work. No shine at all. In addition, I can't seem to get past the VAB, launching the craft does nothing, the button does not even seem to work. Here is the log: Anything more, just ask!

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzwBQu9jNY8cRXF4N1RDNUR5N1E/view?usp=sharing

Are you using any other mods? I suggest trying a fresh install with MM and and TR. I've also had some issues with broken saves with the same glitches in the past.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This looks great, although for some reason the large solar panels don't seem to want to reflect anything. The other panels work and so do most windows (I haven't tested all windows). I have no other mods installed, all I have is MM and TextureReplacer. http://i.imgur.com/4K8Whjy.jpg

I get this, too. Also the backside of panels are not reflective. Blue sides of smaller panels and the windows/helmets work, etc.

Dude!! Three light green bars now! Thank you everyone! I'm glad you're all enjoying this so much. I went from a player, to a streamer, and now into a low tier Modder. I never would've imagined MAKING a mod when I first started and the support you all have for this is mind-boggling. Keep posting any issues you might have, I'll do my best to help out. I've gotten the mod pushed for release, but the question remains as to if I can handle the pressure behind it. Let's hope so. :)

EDIT: I'm away from my computer for this weekend, so I won't be able to test any of the solar panel reflection issues some people are having. I'll do a complete re-install test when I get back. If you could post which operating system/opengl/64bit/dx11 that could help in pinpointing the problem.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Do you have ModuleManager? I forgot to add that to dependencies :blush:

Module Manager fixed the problem. Thanks! :D

Although, it doesn't appear to be working on the Gigantor solar panels and MK-2 crew cabins, everything else works fine.

Edited by Llama1017

Try commenting out the patches for stuff that's done in Ven's revamp. That's the Science Lab, the Mk1 Cockpit, all the lander cans, the Mk1 and Mk1-2 pods, the cupola, and all the solar panels in the WindowShine cfg. I did it, it worked!

What's left that makes this worth keeping if you've removed all of that?

Had A bug with windowshine that made the lab modules and hitchhikers not be able to be picked up or attached to after placing them on a root part. i'm guessing a cfg is borked or something. Uninstalling windowshine fixed this.. :/ i doubt it was one of my other mods. but i'll have to check and see that later

Had A bug with windowshine that made the lab modules and hitchhikers not be able to be picked up or attached to after placing them on a root part. i'm guessing a cfg is borked or something. Uninstalling windowshine fixed this.. :/ i doubt it was one of my other mods. but i'll have to check and see that later

I believe that's a known bug with TR's reflections. A workaround is to save and reload the craft.

I had a little guide a few pages back. I'm on mobile so I can't easily link it atm but it's there.

Thanks, I got the meshes to reflect perfectly. But I'm having a bit of trouble with step 5:

5. Edit your part texture so that only the parts of the texture you want to be reflective are showing. Make everything else have opacity of 1%. The image will look like a blank background with only window textures/solar showing.

I think I did it right, but it appears to have completely screwed up the texture when I load it in-game. The whole thing is white except for the blue "windows", which are now in completely the wrong places. If the part had a dedicated window mesh it wouldn't be a problem, but as it is I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks, I got the meshes to reflect perfectly. But I'm having a bit of trouble with step 5:

I think I did it right, but it appears to have completely screwed up the texture when I load it in-game. The whole thing is white except for the blue "windows", which are now in completely the wrong places. If the part had a dedicated window mesh it wouldn't be a problem, but as it is I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

It sounds as though you're deleting the whole texture, except the windows. Either that or when you're merging the window layer down you're merging the whole page, and thus overwriting the layers below. The windows being in the wrong place might be because of saving in .dds but not flipping the image over (png's you save right side up and dds you save flipped vertically).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.