[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

9 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

The latest Ven's (I'm fairly certain) has it working on the pods and lander cans. I installed Ven's, then installed the patch in the OP, and it worked great. Thrilling times we live in!

Maybe that was it... It might not have been KSPRC I don't remember :P 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Joco223 said:

How do i find out what meshes are called on my part? I want to add reflection to the nozzle,  and in Unity i separeted the nozzle as a seperate object. Any solution to this? 

Sadly it isn't a simple process. I made a guide post in the early pages I think but I'll have to find it again.

EDIT: Here: 

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ZedMC said:

Im using this, but the cockpits and crew cabin windows all lacks lights, when option of "Lights On" is clicked, it doesnt do anything, is this a bug?

WindowShine currently isn't updated to the prerelease 1.1, as I need to wait for TextureReplacer and it's reflection plugin to update. Sorry about that.

9 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

WindowShine currently isn't updated to the prerelease 1.1, as I need to wait for TextureReplacer and it's reflection plugin to update. Sorry about that.

3 minutes ago, ZedMC said:

@Avera9eJoe Uh, actually, I used 1.0.5, not 1.1

I think @ZedMC is referring to the bug mentioned in the OP. Make sure you read carefully next time Zed ;) 

Just now, Table said:

so, i have nft and stockalike station parts  by nertea.

i want mod support for both of them, what do i do? because there's only one for each

You can try and install them both. It should work but no promises. :P

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, _Krieger_ said:

I'm not getting reflections on Ven's command pods, only on the solar panels.

Did you use the support pack for Ven's? What version are you using of KSP? WS is only for 1.0.5 at the current time, same with the reflection plugin in Texture Replacer. I don't know anything about compatibility if you're using 1.1 sadly.

10 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Did you use the support pack for Ven's? What version are you using of KSP? WS is only for 1.0.5 at the current time, same with the reflection plugin in Texture Replacer. I don't know anything about compatibility if you're using 1.1 sadly.

Well so far it works in 1.1 except for one new squad solar panel the "OX-STST-XL" And the MK2 Inline Cockpit has a new model so the whole cockpit is reflective now. Otherwise everything works great. But you mentioned the reflection plugin is broken... Yes the Kerbal's visors aren't currently reflecting as it has been disabled for now until they get it sorted with it's new shader, but the plugin still works like a charm.

TR v2.4.13 for the Prerelease of 1.1 From Here

If you need a hand with some of the leg work in P.S. let me know (I'm a dummy sometimes, But if you use small words I can usually pick it up  :))

35 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Yeah, I'm using 1.1, but thanks for the feedback anyway.

Cheers

On 4/23/2016 at 10:46 AM, V8jester said:

Well so far it works in 1.1 except for one new squad solar panel the "OX-STST-XL" And the MK2 Inline Cockpit has a new model so the whole cockpit is reflective now. Otherwise everything works great. But you mentioned the reflection plugin is broken... Yes the Kerbal's visors aren't currently reflecting as it has been disabled for now until they get it sorted with it's new shader, but the plugin still works like a charm.

TR v2.4.13 for the Prerelease of 1.1 From Here

If you need a hand with some of the leg work in P.S. let me know (I'm a dummy sometimes, But if you use small words I can usually pick it up  :))

Are you sure you don't mean The mk 1 cockpit and the new solar panel are the only things which seem broken from stock, (even the new IVA overlays seem compatible)

In the meantime, if you have (or install) the asteroid day mod support pack from op, you can fix the solar panel by simply moving "JumboHexProbe.png" from "GameData\TextureReplacer\Default\AsteroidDay\Assets" to "GameData\TextureReplacer\Default\Squad\Parts\Misc\AsteroidDay"

(It's not really a new panel so much as they integrated the asteroid day parts into stock)

Edited by Cultist_O
Woops, you were talking about ven's

@PotentiallyHabitable578 I'll have to look into the mk1 cockpit. Dark matter doesn't sound like something I want on my rocket... I'm afraid haven't had the time to boot up 1.1 yet and assess WindowShine with the new shaders yet so any information and bug reports you guys can give me are important!

Also @KerbOrbiter, you're quite a bit more knowledgable about WindowShine than the average user! Especially for having only 37 posts :) - props to you man.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.