[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

Wait a minute... are you the guy on the KSP facebook page that's been redoing all of Halo's vehicles?!? If you are, I'm the enthusiastic guy named Joe who suggested importing the Scarab's model for aesthetic. I don't know if you'd remember me. I would love to help you out.

In a nutshell, reflections on parts are controlled by alpha channel transparency and a TR module. The less visible the texture, the less it reflects. I can get your part textures set up for reflections and send them to you if you want (Convert them from .mbm to .dds, messing with Alpha channel and flipping vertically). I'd also be happy getting a module manager config set up for you.

I would love if you could work with Ven's Stock Part Revamp and try get his parts to have window shine. I've been trying myself with no luck :( I guess he doesn't have correct alpha channels to make it work.

I would love if you could work with Ven's Stock Part Revamp and try get his parts to have window shine. I've been trying myself with no luck :( I guess he doesn't have correct alpha channels to make it work.

I'll be trying to do just that in a second, actually :). - Doesn't work for some reason. Don't know how get Ven's revamp working.

- Just released a hotfix for the 1x6 non-retractable solar panel. Something was strange in its config and it wasn't reflecting. Fixed.

- I also added a KSPRC compatability pack!

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Joe, have you tried adding the FINAL tag to your MM patches?

o-O How would I do that? And just a guess, does that make it be the last patch applied to that part?

- Oh and I just added a Near Future Propulsion compatibility pack. ^-^

Is there a way to select which parts reflect? The solar panels look cool but I don't want the windows to reflect. Is that possible?

If you go into WindowShine.cfg (located in TextureReplacer) and replace the code with this it should work:

@PART[solarPanels1]
{
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%name = TRReflection
%shader = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 2
%meshes = basepanel panel1 panel2 panel3 panel4 panel5
}
}
@PART[solarPanels2]
{
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 2
%meshes = panel3 panel04 panel05 panel06 panel07 panel08
}
}
@PART[solarPanels3]
{
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 2
%meshes = basepanel panel1 panel2 panel3 panel4 panel5
}
}
@PART[solarPanels4]
{
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 2
%meshes = solarPanel4panels panel2 panel3 panel4 pane5 panel6
}
}
@PART[solarPanels5]
{
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.2 0.2 0.2
%interval = 2
%meshes = panel
}
}
@PART[largeSolarPanel]
{
%MODULE[TRReflection]
{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 2
%meshes = panel
}
}

I just removed the code for the other textures. Same thing as deleting all code below the LargeSolarPanel module.

- I just added a Ven's Stock Revamp pack. :D

Is there a way to select which parts reflect? The solar panels look cool but I don't want the windows to reflect. Is that possible?

But in reality will be the opposite..

In fact.. solar panels are designed to absorb light.. not reflected. Of course if you are in the right angle of sun reflection, you will see that part of the solar panels more yellow.. but you would not see reflection from earth, or bodies close to the solar panel.

But in reality will be the opposite..

In fact.. solar panels are designed to absorb light.. not reflected. Of course if you are in the right angle of sun reflection, you will see that part of the solar panels more yellow.. but you would not see reflection from earth, or bodies close to the solar panel.

True fact. Sadly :/ It looks so beautiful though! - I could make a version which reflects light yellow. That could be interesting...

I expect credit for me with the FINAL tag for your patch.

I didn't add it though. I ended up using another method to get Ven's revamp to work. The :Final tag is one of the listed features of Module Manager too. Many thanks for the suggestion though! I shall use it in the future if it becomes a necessity in compatability.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I didn't add it though. I ended up using another method to get Ven's revamp to work. The :Final tag is one of the listed features of Module Manager too. Many thanks for the suggestion though! I shall use it in the future if it becomes a necessity in compatability.

How did you make it compatible, may I ask?

Wow conceited much? So It is not advisable to combine NF pack with Vens pack?

? I had thought that Avera9e had took my idea to put a FINAL tag on his patches for Ven's revamp. I was only asking for credit. But, he didn't do the tag. I was proud of myself, but not too much.

? I had thought that Avera9e had took my idea to put a FINAL tag on his patches for Ven's revamp. I was only asking for credit. But, he didn't do the tag. I was proud of myself, but not too much.

Aww... I was going to rep this comment but I gave rep to you too recently to do so ;.;. It was a good suggestion! There is a chance I'll end up using the tag later and if I do I'll definitely give you a shout out in the change log. ;)

Aww... I was going to rep this comment but I gave rep to you too recently to do so ;.;. It was a good suggestion! There is a chance I'll end up using the tag later and if I do I'll definitely give you a shout out in the change log. ;)

I'm racking up rep quicker than I expected! Keep it coming, guys! Anyways, yeah. Maybe we could find some idea for a mod we could work on together at some point. Also, it's good to know that if you use the tag, you'll give me credit.

Very humble. My question still stands about the packs.

Hmm... Actually, that should work fine. I think the only compatibility issue would be between KSPRC and ven's revamp. Though I don't actually know if that would be an issue.

Hmm... Actually, that should work fine. I think the only compatibility issue would be between KSPRC and ven's revamp. Though I don't actually know if that would be an issue.

Combine KSPRC + Ven's stock revamp? KAPOW Awww, I want Twitch emotes here!

- - - Updated - - -

One thing about combining packs, make sure not to overwrite the files. Instead, put all of the lines in the NF config into the VSR, stock, or KSPRC config.

True fact. Sadly :/ It looks so beautiful though! - I could make a version which reflects light yellow. That could be interesting...

If you find the time, yeah it would be nice. This would require less cpu to the calculations? I still dint test the cpu consumption with a big craft, so I am just answering.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.