[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

Since I'm assuming that you're adding in reflectivity for the new Mk1 Cockpit and the Crew Cabin, can you detail the process for how to define reflectivity for a texture? It's somewhat documented, but I don't see a really clear step-by-step process for it.

This post should have all the info you need. If you need more explaining just ask :). I wrote that a bit ago.

Joe. I have TR running in 1.0.5. Seems good so far.

Good to hear. I'll start experimenting now then. Thanks!

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I found a possible bug. WindowShine doesn't play nicely with the stock part highlighting, so if I mouse over a part, it doesnt highlight. Also, if I enable the debug thermal colors, the windows continue to reflect the blackbody color after turning off the overlay.

I found a possible bug. WindowShine doesn't play nicely with the stock part highlighting, so if I mouse over a part, it doesnt highlight. Also, if I enable the debug thermal colors, the windows continue to reflect the blackbody color after turning off the overlay.

This is a known issue I have down in the OP. It's a glitch with TextureReplacer's reflection plugin that will hopefully be fixed soontm.

[quote name='V8jester']First install texture replacer then install this mod. Windowshine runs on TR.[/QUOTE]

Ya think? Because EVERY TIME I TRY TO INSTALL IT IT JUST OVERWRITES THE PARTS THEMSELVES AND THERES NOTHING ELSE BUT THE DLL IN THEM FOR THEIR SHINING WINDOWS!!! CAN YOU SHOWS ME A VIDEO OF HOW TO INSTALL IT?!!! >:(

[quote name='AJTheMighty']Ya think? Because EVERY TIME I TRY TO INSTALL IT IT JUST OVERWRITES THE PARTS THEMSELVES AND THERES NOTHING ELSE BUT THE DLL IN THEM FOR THEIR SHINING WINDOWS!!! CAN YOU SHOWS ME A VIDEO OF HOW TO INSTALL IT?!!! >:([/QUOTE]

There are better methods of asking for help than with caps lock. Are you placing the Squad folder inside Gamedata/TextureReplacer/Default?

With regard to some removed posts, please just hit the report button rather than reply yourselves. Nobody needs to read through off-topic arguments to find the actual content.

But yes, posing a question politely is more likely to get you a helpful response.

Does anyone else find the Mainsail bell's "sheath" reflection too shiny? (since I think v7 of this mod)

Here's what I mean:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tmyxDGX.png[/IMG]

No problem with the bell, but not sure if the author intended to also apply the reflection to the fairing covering it when a part is mounted below it. I don't like the look, myself. Edited by Fwiffo
Better image, and grammar correction

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Fwiffo']Does anyone else find the Mainsail bell's "sheath" reflection too shiny? (since I think v7 of this mod)

Here's what I mean:

[url]http://i.imgur.com/tmyxDGX.png[/url]

No problem with the bell, but not sure if the author intended to also apply the reflection to the fairing covering it when a part is mounted below it. I don't like the look, myself.[/QUOTE]

Hm.... I'll have to look into that. Sorry for the late reply!

Well, the OP looks like trash now that there aren't indents and line spacing is uncontrollable but hey. We can manage. Even if the code will end up looking like my friends dorm...

Anyhoo, enjoy release v11!

I fixed an issue with the mainsail shroud reflecting and I also added reflections to the rapier engine. :)

20 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Well, the OP looks like trash now that there aren't indents and line spacing is uncontrollable but hey. We can manage. Even if the code will end up looking like my friends dorm...

Anyhoo, enjoy release v11!

I fixed an issue with the mainsail shroud reflecting and I also added reflections to the rapier engine. :)

Outstanding work, as always!

Edit: Goofed and didn't include the gif. Spinning in place shouldn't be this fun :)
Y3EA36KTeVXuo.gif

Edited by cobbman11
Link

Glad to hear the update is well taken. :) Cobbman you and your gifs!! If you do another spinning gif zoomed in a bit more I'll totally add it to the OP. They look fantastic... Heck I'd even add a whole album. :wink:

Edited by Avera9eJoe

46 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Glad to hear the update is well taken. :) Cobbman you and your gifs!! If you do another spinning gif zoomed in a bit more I'll totally add it to the OP. They look fantastic... Heck I'd even add a whole album. :wink:

Thanks! If I make more, they'll be posted here.

Well, I think I have the OP back up to date with indents now. If anyone has any suggestions for the OP feel free to post and share. :) The goal is to make it as pretty as possible.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please link a Download for the 1.04 version of this mod?

I need it for some Cinematics I'm working on.

By the By...     WHAT IN THE NAME OF KRAKEN HAPPENED TO THE FORUMS?

I was gone for what? 2 months and This happens?

It looks aweful :(

Oh well, I'll get used to it.

On 11/30/2015, 12:22:43, Avera9eJoe said:

Hey @Avera9eJoe, I'm not sure but I think the fix introduced a new cosmetic bug with highlighting in the VAB.  When I mouse over the mainsail engine's icon in the staging area (right side of screen), the corresponding engine should glow green.  It's doing it for every other engine, but not the mainsail.  Could you (or someone) check and see if it happens to you, too?  May want to check with/without PPFX Edge Highlighting.

I'm assuming it's the updated mod causing this, but have yet to confirm the highlighting works when I uninstall it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.