[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

V12 is now released

• Fixed up the new Mk2InlineCockpit and made the foil wrapping on the bottom of the Cupola, the top of the Mk2LanderCabin, and top and bottom of the HitchhikerStorageContainer.
  • Made toroidal ring reflective (Don't know why I didn't already)

Enjoy :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

5 hours ago, Ser said:

@Avera9eJoe,

That file isn’t here anymore
Someone might’ve deleted the file or disabled the link.

on the dropbox link.

1 hour ago, k0spwn said:

Link doesn't work ;.;

Ach sorry guys I just woke up... link should work now. I wanted to say that you guys should definitely read the patchnotes. I've added a lot since the last release as well as optimized some settings.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I really like the mod and was using it for a long time, but the thing where parts don't grey out in the editor was getting on my last nerve and I had to remove it.   Any idea if a fix or workaround that is coming?

13 hours ago, Derpiderp said:

Ven's Stock Revamp pack isn't working.

Not a single part from the partpack has reflections. 

His parts are completely rewritten from the stock ones. I tried adding reflections to them before but it ended catastrophically. For now all that the ven's revamp pack does is make it compatible with stock by removing the reflection coding for all of his revamped parts. I can't do much more than that though. Sorry :P

On 3.7.2016 at 11:56 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

His parts are completely rewritten from the stock ones. I tried adding reflections to them before but it ended catastrophically. For now all that the ven's revamp pack does is make it compatible with stock by removing the reflection coding for all of his revamped parts. I can't do much more than that though. Sorry :P

Thank you for the explanation.

7 hours ago, cy4n said:

@Avera9eJoe Thanks! I'd love it if you could add them to the OP!

Update: I converted them to DDS format.

Update 2: I converted them back to PNG format due to file conversion issues.

Hmm... I might know to solve the conversion issues you're getting.

1. If you don't know, DDS textures need to be flipped vertically when converting between DDS and PNG. (Idk why but they just need to)

2.  Is the texture randomly turning black on you? That's caused by saving without alpha transparency. If you're using paint.net use these settings when saving as a DDS (DXT5, Iterative fit, Perceptual, and Generate Mip Maps). It was @InsanePlumber who showed me how to set up .dds to save properly. Once again many thanks.

IXUVM3l.png

Edited by Avera9eJoe

5 minutes ago, cy4n said:

I FINALLY DID IT! Now I can have slightly better performance! Here's a celebratory picture!

HXQ5yKf.png

Very nicely done :) - Can you link me the download link so I can put it in OP? I just resorted the mods list and added a link to my how-to instructions.

16 minutes ago, Kami_K220 said:

I seem to be having with docking ports with the new release. I can no longer right click and undock or disable crossfeed. Not sure what other information i can give to help

:/ Are you using any other mods? Does it go away when you uninstall WindowShine? I added docking ports to the most recent release so it's possible it's having issues as of this release.

I do use other mods but if i remove windowshine the option returns. Did notice the new shine on the docking ports. Nice touch. I still have the option on the smaller ports that dont have a window but not the 1.25m ports

37 minutes ago, Kami_K220 said:

I do use other mods but if i remove windowshine the option returns. Did notice the new shine on the docking ports. Nice touch. I still have the option on the smaller ports that dont have a window but not the 1.25m ports

Yeah I didn't add it to the jr. port since it doesn't have glass on it. I didn't code it so I don't know exactly what's going wrong, but there's definitely something wrong with the reflection plugin effecting the ports. I'll sadly have to remove the reflections from the docking ports for the time being. Please tell me if you find anything else amiss.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I just released another hotfix (v12.3). The same download link should give you the new fix (confirm that it is if the .cfg has v12.3). There where some glitches with the landing legs as well so I voided their lines as well as the docking ports. It's a shame really :(. They where so pretty.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.