[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

6 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Currently updating the AirplanePlus textures and configs to add WindowShine to all the cockpits and parts that need it that have been added since @miromed made his mod supports.

@HafCoJoe, what do you use instead of WindowShine these days? Is there an easier way to get reflections added to windows?

Hey there! I actually haven't been using any reflection mods lately, instead options for fighter performance and HD planets :( the last KSO version shadowing was updated to was a few years ago now.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, theleg said:

Is this still working with the latest KSP version without any problems?

This mod is more or less defunct now, since KSP now has updated shaders, and I haven't bothered to update the mod in quite a while. I'll change the post title to reflect that. You could still give it a shot, though? I can't say myself if it will work :P 

Just now, HafCoJoe said:

This mod is more or less defunct now, since KSP now has updated shaders, and I haven't bothered to update the mod in quite a while. I'll change the post title to reflect that. You could still give it a shot, though? I can't say myself if it will work :P 

still kinda works, kinda just makes everything shiny

6 hours ago, HafCoJoe said:

It works, but the whole part becomes shiny. I love it!:heart_eyes:I really think this mod should be worked on. It has a bright future! Thanks @HafCoJoe !

Edited by theleg

7 hours ago, ItsJustLuci said:

still kinda works, kinda just makes everything shiny

1 hour ago, theleg said:

It works, but the whole part becomes shiny. I love it!:heart_eyes:I really think this mod should be worked on. It has a bright future! Thanks @HafCoJoe !

bahahaha! Not the intention of the mod but if you like it than great! :joy:

@HafCoJoe I know the last version was updated, requiring TRR, while the 1.2.2 version was for TR... is there any reason the latest wouldnt possibly work with the latest TR?.... it seems that TextureReplacer has replaced TextureReplacerReplaced, which replaced TextureReplacer in the first place...

20 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

@HafCoJoe I know the last version was updated, requiring TRR, while the 1.2.2 version was for TR... is there any reason the latest wouldnt possibly work with the latest TR?.... it seems that TextureReplacer has replaced TextureReplacerReplaced, which replaced TextureReplacer in the first place...

It works with TR too...

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

1 hour ago, theleg said:

It works with TR too...

This is beacuse TextureReplacer uses a unique Reflection plugin, which has to be updated every update to work. However, TextureReplacer was not updated for a while, which lead to another user creating TextureReplacerReplaced to keep updated while the original mod was not. However the original creator has come back to the forum since than and started up TextureReplacer once again. Its a bit confusing lol

1 hour ago, HafCoJoe said:

This is beacuse TextureReplacer uses a unique Reflection plugin, which has to be updated every update to work. However, TextureReplacer was not updated for a while, which lead to another user creating TextureReplacerReplaced to keep updated while the original mod was not. However the original creator has come back to the forum since than and started up TextureReplacer once again. Its a bit confusing lol

I still wish an "...Un-Replaced" tag would be added to TR... just to make it clear what's going on. :)

Edited by Beetlecat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.