[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

7 minutes ago, Tybot said:

Is this something that's confirmed in active development? I can't find any discussion or development on it.

I think @shaw is really busy w/ other things - this was talked about a few weeks ago but the conversation trailed off after the shaders where passed around.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

21 minutes ago, Tybot said:

Is this something that's confirmed in active development? I can't find any discussion or development on it.

Yeah I just figured TextureReplacer was dead/dying. Not a peep over there afaik. Just a fork that doesn't really work all that well in terms of reflections. Not game breaking for me and I can live without it, just sad to see a staple of the ksp modding scene slowly go away

Edited by Galileo

9 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Does this work for Mac? I can't seem to get it working

Can someone help me install this please because it seems too complicated and i'm also quite hopeless at this...

Doesn't work on mac :(

hmmm, is it possible i can get the reflections working any other way? It's just i'm making a trailer for my new version of Astronomer's Visuals. For the trailer you have no idea how great it would be too get windowshine working... 

51 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Does this work for Mac? I can't seem to get it working

Can someone help me install this please because it seems too complicated and i'm also quite hopeless at this...

I'm on Mac and it works fine, and I just went and dropped the files inside the texturereplacer folder into texture replacer.

sweet, i'll try that now! :D

5 minutes ago, The L3mur said:

I'm on Mac and it works fine, and I just went and dropped the files inside the texturereplacer folder into texture replacer.

hang on, so you dropped the Squad Folder from the Windowshine Zip into the Default folder in Texture replacer right?

Can anyone give me an explanation why my reflections for the endurance mod aren't working?

//@PART[ringEndurance]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE
	{
%name = TRReflection
%shader = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 8
%meshes = window
    }
}
//@PART[ranger]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 8
%meshes = window
    }
}
//@PART[landerBody]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 8
%meshes = window
    }
}

2 hours ago, Matchlight said:

Can anyone give me an explanation why my reflections for the endurance mod aren't working?

//@PART[ringEndurance]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 8
%meshes = window
    }
}
//@PART[ranger]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 8
%meshes = window
    }
}
//@PART[landerBody]:HAS[!MODULE[TRReflection]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%MODULE
	{
%name = TRReflection
%colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
%interval = 8
%meshes = window
    }
}

ALL OF THE @PARTs ARE COMMENTED OUT!!!!

:o I just woke up to a whole bunch of new posts! - Many thansk Cy4n :) All of what you said is correct. Also L3mur, I didn't know anyone was able to get this working on Mac. I'd love to know how when I've got more time to type.

14 hours ago, Matchlight said:

tell me exactly how to install please :D

Once you get the download, go into the Texturereplacer file in Windowshine and drop the config into Texturereplacer. Then go into the default and drop the squad folder into the default in Texturereplacer. That's all I did and it seems to work perfectly.

Edited by The L3mur

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I can't seem to get this mod to work.
I followed the installation instructions but I just don't get any reflections. The only mods I have now are EVE (default one), Texture Replacer and Module Manager. And I just copied the GameData from the WindowShine zip into the KSP folder.. 

But nothing.. No reflections at all..

Please help.

Best Regards
Golden

6 hours ago, golden_core said:

Hi,

I can't seem to get this mod to work.
I followed the installation instructions but I just don't get any reflections. The only mods I have now are EVE (default one), Texture Replacer and Module Manager. And I just copied the GameData from the WindowShine zip into the KSP folder.. 

But nothing.. No reflections at all..

Please help.

Best Regards
Golden

What version are you running and what's your OS? It sounds like you followed the installation instructions correctly if you merged the DL GameData folder with your installation folder. Can you check to make sure all the files from the DL are in the TextureReplacer folder? Should be a WindowShine config file and a few textures inside the "default" folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.