[Defunct] [1.3] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

HafCoJoe

Sorry if these are really stupid questions, but what is the latest version of this mod that works on 1.2, what version of TRR do I need (or whatever mod) and does anyone have links to/copies of the 1.2 versions of the mod patches?

30 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Sorry if these are really stupid questions, but what is the latest version of this mod that works on 1.2, what version of TRR do I need (or whatever mod) and does anyone have links to/copies of the 1.2 versions of the mod patches?

For 1.2 you'll need to use RangeMachine's unofficial TextureReplacer update and WindowShine version v12. I'll see if I can get you links in a few minutes. V12 was before the shaders were fixed so cabin lights/highlighting/reentry heating won't work. That together with the general hackjob nature of grabbing the unofficial TextureReplacer made me decide to remove the link :P

2 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

For 1.2 you'll need to use RangeMachine's unofficial TextureReplacer update and WindowShine version v12. I'll see if I can get you links in a few minutes. V12 was before the shaders were fixed so cabin lights/highlighting/reentry heating won't work. That together with the general hackjob nature of grabbing the unofficial TextureReplacer made me decide to remove the link :P

Maybe a download link to GitHub or SpaceDock that way people that still use 1.2 can still get a download and 1.3 can to ?

GitHub would be easy for people to add to this mod

47 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

For 1.2 you'll need to use RangeMachine's unofficial TextureReplacer update

Which version? There's quite a few for 1.2.

51 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

V12 was before the shaders were fixed so cabin lights/highlighting/reentry heating won't work. That together with the general hackjob nature of grabbing the unofficial TextureReplacer made me decide to remove the link :P

Quite a lot of people (me included) are still on 1.2, so this would be the only option. They don't seem particularly big isses, though.

Still have this problem with TRR 0.4. Can anybody fix Mk3 textures? (Mk3 crew cabin too)

On 02.08.2017 at 10:18 PM, Luch said:

KSP 1.3, WindowShine 13.2, TRR 0.3

ygY0JiAwl8Y.jpg

bP1F0hTA5LU.jpg

33 minutes ago, Luch said:

Still have this problem with TRR 0.4. Can anybody fix Mk3 textures? (Mk3 crew cabin too)

I sadly don't know what's causing that :P The textures don't have anything unusual to them when looking in paint.net. Have any ideas @Ger_space? It looks like it's boring a hole straight through the part.

@voicey99 I updated the OP with download links for 1.2 :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

15 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I sadly don't know what's causing that :P The textures don't have anything unusual to them when looking in paint.net. Have any ideas @Ger_space? It looks like it's boring a hole straight through the part.

@voicey99 I updated the OP with download links for 1.2 :)

Looks like the emissive map contains some alpha value. The shader will then make this areas transparent.

It is not the main texture but the emissive texture map which must me adjusted.

First time I tried, am redownloading and re-installing

Y1tfYml.png

Just re-installed but every part that uses WindowShine 13.3 has the same look, this is with TRR 0.4

(Windows 10 64bit, nvidia GTX 1060)

Edited by selfish_meme

7 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Y1tfYml.png

Just re-installed but every part that uses WindowShine 13.3 has the same look, this is with TRR 0.4

Can you send me a picture of your GameData? It looks like the textures aren't loading/being found. Did you install it in the correct place? The WindowShine folder should be free floating inside GameData

Edited by Avera9eJoe

7 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Y1tfYml.png

Sorry that's breaking, but it's also freaking awesome. :wink:

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Can you send me a picture of your GameData? It looks like the textures aren't loading/being found. Did you install it in the correct place? The WindowShine folder should be free floating inside GameData

Yes I installed Windowshine directly under GameData, it's hard to get my entire directory list in a single image :wink: 

2 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Sorry that's breaking, but it's also freaking awesome. :wink:

If the whole craft was like that I could handle it

10 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

Y1tfYml.png

Are you running KSP 1.3 or 1.2 and did you use the links I  made in the OP or the links from the mod home pages? My guess is you either installed it incorrectly or you installed the wrong version of TRR? I know my links are correct - I just checked on a vanilla install and it works perfectly fine :/

9 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Are you running KSP 1.3 or 1.2 and did you use the links I  made in the OP or the links from the mod home pages? My guess is you either installed it incorrectly or you installed the wrong version of TRR? I know my links are correct - I just checked on a vanilla install and it works perfectly fine :/

These are the two I downloaded from the mod pages

Zi4IyJ8.png

5 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Did you check the Debug console?

[WRN 13:09:07.705] Config in file 'F:\Users\leo\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WindowShine\Default\WindowShineTR-v13.3.cfg' contains an unnamed node. Skipping.

Only thing I could find in the log, it does not seem to get loaded after this

Edit: OK I think I found the issue, it might be a compatibility issue with DKC camo mod, at least one of the values leaves it with a featureless silver, which I would love to get on fairings

Edited by selfish_meme

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.