"Duna, Ore Bust!" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (COMPLETE)

Hey all, having a great time with this mission and would like to share. Hope you like the format. This is a Career save in V1.0.2, all stock except for Kerbal Engineer, visual mods, and alarm clock. Here are the first three pages, will post additional pages as missions complete. At this writing I have not yet launched for Duna, so you know as much as I do about how the story will turn out. Enjoy!

ETA 28 Sept 2015: I added links to the Eve, Order Zero chapters in chronological order. If you are reading the comic for the first time, go in this order :)

Read DOB Chapter 1 here

Read DOB Chapter 2 here

Read DOB Interlude One here

Read DOB Chapter 3 here

Read DOB Chapter 4 here

Read DOB Interlude 2 here

Read Eve: Order Zero Chapter 1 and Interlude Here

Read DOB Chapter 5 here

Read Eve: Order Zero Chapter 2 Here

Read Eve: Order Zero Chapter 3 Here

Read DOB Interlude 3 here

Read DOB Chapter 6 (and end of that book) here

Read Eve: Order Zero Chapter 4 Here

...from this point follow Kerbfleet's progress on the Eve: Order Zero main thread.

lPYSaT4.png

tJSz44u.png

RL6NtOn.png

Edited by Kuzzter

XkAM5Pb.png

wamrtGq.png

lrT31Yt.png

na8YyqO.png

bD8OyC9.png

Next post will complete Chapter One. Am wondering, should this really be here in "Mission Reports" or would the group consider this "Writing"? Either way, I'm having a blast--it makes the missions even more fun, thinking ahead to how the story is going to play out when something unexpected happens (like forgetting the antenna, or running out of fuel on Mun descent, or not bothering to calculate how long mining really takes....)

Edited by Kuzzter

This is quite the fun read, I must say. refreshing new format, too. As for writing or mission report, I would say if your story is mainly affected by your gameplay, I would say mission report.

This is quite the fun read, I must say. refreshing new format, too. As for writing or mission report, I would say if your story is mainly affected by your gameplay, I would say mission report.

Thank you! And yeah, that seems like a good rule re: mission report vs. writing. I am not making this up per se, just adding some color to the gameplay narrative.

Hehe. orange tastes great to kerbals, apparently.

Poor Gene, I'm not sure he'll ever get to finish a proper countdown! Does this sort of thing happen to him in other space programs?

Countdown? What's that? (Does it taste orange?) I usually just launch as soon as I'm sure it won't explode just because of the physics kicking in...

Countdown? What's that? (Does it taste orange?) I usually just launch as soon as I'm sure it won't explode just because of the physics kicking in...

Sure you do, so do I... but is Gene quietly suffering each time, wincing as you press the spacebar right in the middle of his "go/no-go" jam? I'd like to think he is :)

One more page--sorry, not quite back to Val and Bill yet, but very soon. Poor, poor Gene...

FGhnqfE.png

Interested.

Here it is...

ucotRK4.png

Ta daaa! Looks simple? Well, it wasn't. The trick in making the next page will be in editing down from Jool-knows-how-many pictures of all of Val and Bill's attempts. Stay tuned! Er, or subscribed--whatever.

Edited by Kuzzter
Bill's text was black, not white. Did you notice?

But how are you going to get it to not burrow you into that minty-flavoured ground? 0.o

I would've expected extreme EVA jetpacking. This, however, has the potential for more coolness.

Mmm... minty. Every kerbal's second-favorite flavor, after orange! I did consider extreme EVA, but they need to get to a station 20km up and I wasn't sure they'd make it. And then I'd run the risk of having to pick up two stranded Kerbals, out of fuel and in two different orbits.... then we'd REALLY miss the transfer window.

ETA. Will hold the update until the end of the docking problem, so you don't have too many successive updates with nothing but minty failure.

Question for the readers: I like the look of the big pages on the Forum, but would it be useful to also have an imgur album collecting them? Maybe one per chapter (12-16 pages). I can put links on the front page and in the posts as each chapter finishes.

Edited by Kuzzter

Question for the readers: I like the look of the big pages on the Forum, but would it be useful to also have an imgur album collecting them? Maybe one per chapter (12-16 pages). I can put links on the front page and in the posts as each chapter finishes.

Good Point. I dislike the new imgur embed they got nowadays, but a link to the albums would be nice for people just looking to read the whole story without all the comments.

Thanks guys! And here are the next pages. There is a link to the Ch1 album in the first post now.

mbvuuK5.png

VcGZRr3.png

9tWXLLj.png

3g2nVg4.png

Believe me, I tried it every other way first--I backed the piggie off 50 meters, came in again, and the ports still didn't reset. Thank Jool for Bill's mad skills!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.