"Duna, Ore Bust!" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (COMPLETE)

That was a truly magnificent story with drama, suspense, humor, spaceflight, a mystery about the nature of the cosmos, and Kerbals. I can't wait to see these guys return in the future, and to see more of the story of KerbFleet in Eve: Order Zero.

Now I want a mod that adds proper Kerbal ranks, with these neato rank titles. Can you give a full lust of the rank titles?

That was a truly magnificent story with drama, suspense, humor, spaceflight, a mystery about the nature of the cosmos, and Kerbals. I can't wait to see these guys return in the future, and to see more of the story of KerbFleet in Eve: Order Zero.

Now I want a mod that adds proper Kerbal ranks, with these neato rank titles. Can you give a full lust of the rank titles?

So something like Kerbal Portraits with rank insignias? :)

Thank you! The titles mirror USN/USAF ranks as follows, parallel ranks being equivalent:

[TABLE=width: 200]

[TR]

[TD]SpaceService[/TD]

[TD]Air Service[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Enzin[/TD]

[TD]2nd Looty[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Junior Looty[/TD]

[TD]1st Looty[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Looty[/TD]

[TD]Kaptin[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Looty Comder[/TD]

[TD]Majer[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Comder[/TD]

[TD]Looty Kernel[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Kaptin[/TD]

[TD]Kernel[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Rank insignia for Space service is pretty intuitive, pattern is the same as USN and of course the color of the stripes are per the officer's specialty. Only Command Pilots can hold the rank of Kaptin in the Space Service. Air Service ranks would look like USAF insignia, but I've only drawn the Looty Kernel insignia so far. Color that goldish and you've got Majer, simple silver/gold bars will do for the lower ranks. If I ever have to show insignia for a full Kernel it will look vaguely eagle shaped but will not in fact be an eagle :)

By the way it's also rumored that there exists a Kerfleet Surface Mobility Corps (KSMC), who are a branch of the Space Service but use ranks similar to Air. KSMC personnel specialize in driving rovers and have a reputation for being somewhat hardcore... "From the rolling hills of Duuu-u-na/to the shores of Laythe's seas..." You get the idea :)

Edited by Kuzzter

• 4 weeks later...
If I knew of a mod that let me display all the occupants of a Mk3 cockpit at once, believe me I'd use it :)

I know I'm a little late, but tou might try Free IVA. for the Eve missions. Fair warning: It's still in development so it might be buggy.

Yeah, I tried it, it seems to fight with Texture Replacer and delete my kerbals' heads. Oh well--thanks anyway :)

Oh, that isn't Texture Replacer. I don't use it, and have the same problem with Free IVA. The kerbal whose POV you're using either disappears or gets beheaded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks @Ehco Corrallo, really glad you liked this! But there is yet another complete comic between this one and the Jool one, all about Kerbfleet's mission to Eve. Chapters of that actually overlap with some of the later ones from this story. Link to the Eve thread is in my sig, and links to each chapter's imgur album (in proper story order) appear on the first post. Enjoy!

6 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

But there is yet another complete comic between this one and the Jool one, all about Kerbfleet's mission to Eve. Chapters of that actually overlap with some of the later ones from this story. 

I was realizing that. I'm reading them in order, and making sure to keep tabs on the WIP. 

I've got some reading to do. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, that is just fantastic and delightful. I'm on Chapter Four of Duna, Ore Bust! and I just got to the Robert Frost parody, which prompted this reply. I memorized "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" as a kid long ago, so I got a real kick out of that.

• 8 months later...

Any chance we can get a pdf of this?

Waiting for my work computer to load each new panel on each new forum page is really damping the effect of my eyes brimming with tears at every third panel. I love, love, LOVE what you've done!

1 hour ago, MitchS said:

Any chance we can get a pdf of this?

Thank you! So glad you like it! Well we don't have a PDF, but if you go to the first page you'll find links to imgur albums for every chapter which may be the next best thing. Also note that there is some overlap between this story and the next, which means you might read things in the wrong order if you do it by Forum page but you'll get them all in right sequence if you go by the links on the OP :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2016 at 7:26 AM, MitchS said:

@Kuzzter Great, thanks!

I want you to know that I would pay $50 for a hardcover book containing these stories in print. I mean it.

I was thinking he should publish this as an E-book so it's easy to read on a Kindle.  That's how "The Martian" started.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.