"Duna, Ore Bust!" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (COMPLETE)

I did throw heat shields on two of the crewed vessels going to Eve just in case (the third is a plane so it will hopefully be fine) There was probably a smarter way to do this, but I put the shields inside fairings to preserve them going to orbit and avoid drag.

Planes were what were most broken before and that's one of the things they tried to fix this time. Juries still out if that made any real difference.

"I felt... a great disturbance"

thats yoda talk

Obi-Wan Kenobi actually.

Happy landings!

Here's hoping that the Hummlebee won't be affected too much by the 'disturbance'.

Edited by Starhawk

Well, we're going to find out...

I hope you brought enough fuel to stop at Eve without touching the atmosphere. I'm pretty much convinced the 1.0.4 system makes contact with significant atmospheres at interplanetary speeds well-nigh impossible. I expect further changes in the future to try to fix the problems introduced this time. So I'm just giving up on doing anything of substance in KSP for the time being.

I love Bill's reaction to the changes. Good luck with it and whatever happens, this thread will always be a classic.

They've got to have survived. Please please tell us they survived. They've come too far to let the wonky effects of an update end their adventure! :0.0:

Although on a more technical note, there have been a lot of stories about existing craft going pear-shaped for one reason or another (usually heat, but now apparently aero as well) following the update. :huh:

No, no, no!!!

Ohhhh yes. And here I was thinking, "everything's gotten so routine, how can I keep the comic interesting?"

Oh-oh! How is that even possible? Glitch? Bug? Soupodynamics?

I'm really not sure. Actually this is not a 1.0.3/4 thing, it happened once before in 1.0.2 when I switched the save between computers. I reverted that one and it fixed itself when I switched back so I kept it out of the comic. But seeing as we just had the scene where Bill noticed the 'disturbance', I thought I'd let it play out this time.

They've got to have survived. Please please tell us they survived. They've come too far to let the wonky effects of an update end their adventure! :0.0:
Ohhh nonono! (me gets very nervous :P!)

I suppose this would be a bad time to announce that I'm going on vacation for the next two weeks?

I so hope they all have -

Happy landings!

Never have I appreciated your .sig so much Starhawk! All right, I don't actually leave until Tuesday, so here's the next two pages.

95Jfehx.png

OjDqoY2.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.