"Duna, Ore Bust!" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (COMPLETE)

Wow! this is very good! A bit different writing form what i used to find here in the forums... Please take some Rep!!!

Also... Poor Lisa, she's so melancolic... ¬¬

It's indeed a contrast to her Mate, Valentina....

Dr. Kreud: "So, Lisa, tell me about these dreams you've been having."

Lisa: "Well, it's kinda embarassing but that is why I called you..... It was like this......"

Dr. Kreud: "Hmmmm. Do you always envision your father as a Negative Gravioli Detector, or does he manifest as different pieces of machinery in different dreams?"

Lisa: "Huh? What?"

Dr. Kreud: "Lisa, I'm afraid you're on the verge of a raging psychotic episode. Indeed, it might even have started already. Oh well, such things are normal on such long trips. Just try not to kill everybody or totally smash the control systems of the ship. But do give Jeb a shiner for me. A while back, he did a sonic boom right over KSC and blew all my office windows in on me. Have fun with it."

Edited by Geschosskopf

Keep going with this, I'm really excited to see how Jeb lands on Duna.

Thank you! Chapter 3 is coming, really, I sort of got involved in a little project that has prevented me time warping to Duna just yet...

2blyeL6.png

...this class E rock just appeared one day, already captured to Kerbin orbit with a periapsis in atmosphere. Couldn't pass up that opportunity--sent up a hauler and am now getting it into a more stable track.

I sugest that you deploy fairings in the upper atmosphere necause they are ludicrously heavy.

Do you mean for the Munhopper? (Had to think back to when fairings appeared in this comic!) Yeah, that SHOULD be the way to do it, but in-game I think all the mass stays with the base part. Since deploying them doesn't lower the ship's mass, I leave them on until I hit vacuum.

Do you mean for the Munhopper? (Had to think back to when fairings appeared in this comic!) Yeah, that SHOULD be the way to do it, but in-game I think all the mass stays with the base part. Since deploying them doesn't lower the ship's mass, I leave them on until I hit vacuum.

Yeah, might as well hang onto fairings until you're ready for the payload to fend for itself. Anyway, looking forward to arriving at Duna :)

LOL, the orbital pressgang :)

Yeah, I always wondered about the backstory for those contracts. I mean, what kind of two-bit space program can get a Mk3 cockpit into Minmus orbit, but can't figure out how to rescue the pilot?

Here's a couple more to keep things moving:

jdbdwOd.png

6rJ4ELc.png

Very happy with how the 'panoramic' view of the cockpit worked out.

Edited by Kuzzter

Yeah, might as well hang onto fairings until you're ready for the payload to fend for itself. Anyway, looking forward to arriving at Duna :)

All of the mass stayed with the base in 1.0.0, but it looks like that's one of the things they changed in the hotfixes. A Reddit poster got the best results in 1.0.2 by jettisoning around 20km: http://redd.it/35ttcm .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.