Boy Scouts of America - Compilation

Endersmens

I'm wondering... did all of you Scouts start with Cub Scouts? Or did you go right into Boy Scouts?

I started as a Cub Scout. I don't remember exactly which year it was, but I do remember that the Tiger Cub program started about the same year I started Wolf. If I remember correctly, at the time Webelos and Arrow of Light were also done in the same year. I think it was split into a two year program the year after I had moved to Boy Scouts.

A lot of changes have happened since then. :~)

I was in Cub Scouts for a few years then in Boy Scouts for about 3-6 months, then I bailed out; I bet I haven't been in it for 7-10 years. It was something different than school for me in Cub Scouts but then it started to get to be like school, and I wanted to get away from it. It's a lot like how a guy that's an accountant might wanna get in a rowboat and go out fishing on the lake on the weekend; I wanted to get away from school but then Boy Scouts was just like school. I was also the alone-type that you're sure to find in any area if you look around enough, and the Boy Scouts program in my area had a larger focus on social interaction, so that was another nail in the coffin. I still know some of the knots stuff and it comes in handy sometimes, but if I need to know anything else I still have my book. I don't regret my decision to leave, I got what I wanted out of it and the politics surrounding the BSA would've conflicted with my political opinions anyways, so it was inevitable that I would leave.

Funny story, really... I was a member starting through Cub Scouts, and I absolutely loved the program; I plan on enrolling my son when he's old enough. So I get older and make it into BSA and realize that merit badges are kinda pointless in the long run, but camping is awesome. So I stuck around, and after four years of no progress, I was awarded Tenderfoot. I have a shockingly low number of regrets in life, but not making Eagle will always be one.

All Added!

briansun1, I'm also more in to venturing now. It is a lot more relaxed and fun to me. But I still plan on finishing Eagle. :)

You'll never regret finishing Eagle Scout. It is something that no matter where you go or what you do in life, it means you are a member of America's elite.

Here's my information (Organisation via Scoutbook, a website that keeps track of you and your troop's advancements and schedules)

P8t764A.png

Also, this tread looks really cool. I had no idea there were so many other Boy Scouts.

Well my sash must be at my folks' place. I have all the badges from camps, cub scout activities and the like, including my eagle sash and dress pin (the one for lapels on suits) but not the sash itself. I'll find it eventually.

I think I joined as a Joey (step down from cub) in 2008 but don't quote me on that I wasn't keeping track of dates that much back then.

I don't want to hijack the thread but considering the amount of Scouts on the forum I'm wondering about the amount of Cadets as well.

You'll never regret finishing Eagle Scout. It is something that no matter where you go or what you do in life, it means you are a member of America's elite.

I don't mean to insult the BSA or Eagle Scouts, but wouldn't that be more Green Berets & Navy Seals?

I don't mean to insult the BSA or Eagle Scouts, but wouldn't that be more Green Berets & Navy Seals?

Well, those are armed forces. If the statement was "Are a member of America's elite armed forces" then yes, you would be correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Eagle Scout, 1988 with three silver palms (yeah, an overachiever... 45 MB above the 23 required for Eagle).

Explorer Achievement Award, 1987 (Law Enforcement Explorer Post)

Arrow of Light (1980)

Silver Beaver, 2010

Brotherhood member, OA.

Eagle, Gold Palms, OA.

The first rule of OA is we don't talk about OA.

No, thats the first rule of Mao.

Anyways, I recently hit star, and I'm aiming for eagle. I got to plan a mission to Duna as part of my eagle project.

Funny story, really... I was a member starting through Cub Scouts, and I absolutely loved the program; I plan on enrolling my son when he's old enough. So I get older and make it into BSA and realize that merit badges are kinda pointless in the long run, but camping is awesome. So I stuck around, and after four years of no progress, I was awarded Tenderfoot. I have a shockingly low number of regrets in life, but not making Eagle will always be one.
Here's my information (Organisation via Scoutbook, a website that keeps track of you and your troop's advancements and schedules)

http://i.imgur.com/P8t764A.png

Also, this tread looks really cool. I had no idea there were so many other Boy Scouts.

All Added! Also, I've added spoilers next to those who have received other awards and such. :)

I think I joined as a Joey (step down from cub) in 2008 but don't quote me on that I wasn't keeping track of dates that much back then.

I don't want to hijack the thread but considering the amount of Scouts on the forum I'm wondering about the amount of Cadets as well.

Well. You could start a thread about Cadets. Or I could put something on the main page saying something about it.

Well if were doing other awards then I also have the

National Outdoor Award - Camping

Same! It such an easy award to get, especially if you have been in for more than 2 years, but nobody knows about it! I mean, it's only a few more nights than needed for OA!

I also have:

My religious award

Messengers of Peace

Varsity Scout Letter

7 (going on 8) year tenure pin as a scout

a silver device for my NOA- Camping

Union League of Philadelphia Good Citizenship Award

Other things I've done-

FSR camp staff, 2013

2010 Nat'll Jambo, Troop 532

2013 National Jambo, Troop C234, Patrol leader (Flaming Stickmen ;))

Current SPL in my troop.

Going to Philmont this summer, 629C3, COLBSA contingent

Well if were doing other awards then I also have the

National Outdoor Award - Camping

and OA...kind of. Well I would get in if they ever told us when the next ordeal was...

They don't tell you when ordeals are? :o

That stinks dude

- - - Updated - - -

Same! It such an easy award to get, especially if you have been in for more than 2 years, but nobody knows about it! I mean, it's only a few more nights than needed for OA!

I also have:

My religious award

Messengers of Peace

Varsity Scout Letter

7 (going on 8) year tenure pin as a scout

a silver device for my NOA- Camping

Union League of Philadelphia Good Citizenship Award

Other things I've done-

FSR camp staff, 2013

2010 Nat'll Jambo, Troop 532

2013 National Jambo, Troop C234, Patrol leader (Flaming Stickmen ;))

Current SPL in my troop.

Going to Philmont this summer, 629C3, COLBSA contingent

My troops going to Philmont this summer, unfortunately i am unable to go due to medical complications, but meh!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.