Boy Scouts of America - Compilation

Endersmens

On 8/19/2015 at 10:46 PM, Tech Support said:

Hi ! I was a Bharat ( indian ) Scout a long time ago ! I got till Squad Leader and I had the Climbing, bridging and surveying badges.

On 8/19/2015 at 11:00 PM, CornHuskerKenny said:

I am a life scout, and I am working on my eagle.

On 8/20/2015 at 11:34 AM, _Augustus_ said:

I am a Tenderfoot.

On 8/26/2015 at 8:57 PM, FishInferno said:

Tonight I got my Life Scout rank!

And this past weekend I completed my OA ordeal:)

On 8/27/2015 at 7:13 AM, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

2 requirements from 2nd class, halfway with first!

On 9/15/2015 at 5:58 PM, waterlubber said:

Finished my board of review two days ago.

Court of Honor coming up, so yeah, soon I'll be Star.

(looks like OP hasn't been updated, also OA)

On 9/15/2015 at 6:07 PM, Greenfire32 said:

I was a life scout, with only 1 merit badge remaining to get eagle (communications) before I quit.

Scouting became less about me having fun with a group of friends and more about my parents and scout leaders giving me lectures and tests for my Eagle.

I told them that lectures and tests were not my idea of after-school fun. They didn't stop pushing homework on me.

I quit. My parents were devastated of course (because I was "right there" as far as earning Eagle goes), but I told them that I was in it for camping, the outdoors, and friends. I wasn't in it for essay's, speeches and written tests. Told them if they would have let me get Eagle on my own, I probably would have, but the constant nagging and prodding totally turned me off scouting.

However, I have no hurt feelings toward the organization or my fellow scouts (new and old), so if you enjoy scouting, keep at it!

On 12/6/2015 at 10:27 PM, Spaceception said:

Life, almost Eagle, 25 merit badges, and a Brotherhood OA member. :)

On 1/6/2016 at 8:31 PM, Kozak said:

I would like to add stuff: NYLT (National Youth Leadership Training) OA, Oakleaf (leadership training), Eagle palm (one as of now, about to earn a bunch more, over the course of 4 years :P ), being the youngest person to earn eagle in my troops history. I could go on but i dont wanna brag too much :P

On 3/26/2016 at 1:11 AM, Gyrfalcon said:

I'm afraid I'll have to steal most recent Eagle. I made Eagle this last December. I did my OA ordeal and I also will have the Triple Crown if I ever fill out the form for it...

Nice to see a lot of other Scouts on here.

On 4/27/2016 at 5:23 PM, Whovian41110 said:

Life scout working on Eagle and OA member.  

21 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Second Class ATM, nearly first

20 hours ago, KSP Bros KS said:

First class, almost Star

2 hours ago, Kertech said:

What about UK scouts, Troop second at 1st Royston Air scouts

*takes a deep breath*

All have been added! Congratulations guys! Glad to see so many scouts in this community! I'm also very excited that I made Eagle, we were really worried I wouldn't make it. We went from first look at paperwork, through project, to turning in paperwork in 4 weeks. Turned it in one day before I turned 18. Definitely cut it close, but I still made it. :D CoH will be in June sometime.

24 minutes ago, Endersmens said:

Wow. Lots of new scouts! I'll be working on the update now. I'm gonna stop with the profile links, since when you call out someone, like @Dman979, you can click on the shoutout and it goes to their profile. :) So I'll just use that from now on. Now, to fix formatting...

3 minutes ago, Endersmens said:

*takes a deep breath*

All have been added! Congratulations guys! Glad to see so many scouts in this community! I'm also very excited that I made Eagle, we were really worried I wouldn't make it. We went from first look at paperwork, through project, to turning in paperwork in 4 weeks. Turned it in one day before I turned 18. Definitely cut it close, but I still made it. :D CoH will be in June sometime.

I would like to mention that between the time of my post that you quoted me on, I earned 2 more merit badges, I also went to NYLT last year :P

Thanks for getting me on the list though :D

I added your NYLT, not sure I wanna keep up with merit badges anymore since everyone will always be getting more badges and that will make more work for me. :confused: I might take everyone who's still in progress' merit badges off, and add them once they have either made eagle or quit, that way they won't change. I think that's what I'll do actually. :) 

4 minutes ago, Endersmens said:

I added your NYLT, not sure I wanna keep up with merit badges anymore since everyone will always be getting more badges and that will make more work for me. :confused: I might take everyone who's still in progress' merit badges off, and add them once they have either made eagle or quit, that way they won't change. I think that's what I'll do actually. :) 

'K, no problem, thanks :)

And congrats again on you getting Eagle :D

You don't seem to have any Canadians yet. I was in Scouts Canada from Beavers through Ventures, and am happy to say I earned my Chief Scout Award (our version of your Eagle Scout).

On 5/5/2016 at 4:11 PM, Randox said:

You don't seem to have any Canadians yet. I was in Scouts Canada from Beavers through Ventures, and am happy to say I earned my Chief Scout Award (our version of your Eagle Scout).

Added! Nice to see there's an Eagle Scout equivalent in Canada. :D 

I'm a Boy Scout (Life), working on Eagle. Just gotta finish a few Badges and my project - still waiting for a response from the person I emailed. Oh yeah, I'm a former Quartermaster, and current SPL of a troop of 120-ish boys... ASPLs are amazing! And I'm Ordeal rank in OA.

4 minutes ago, WillThe84th said:

I'm currently a Star Scout and I'm in OA. (I haven't been to the ordeal yet though)

So you're not in the OA, you were only elected so far.

1 hour ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

I'm a Boy Scout (Life), working on Eagle. Just gotta finish a few Badges and my project - still waiting for a response from the person I emailed. Oh yeah, I'm a former Quartermaster, and current SPL of a troop of 120-ish boys... ASPLs are amazing! And I'm Ordeal rank in OA.

My troop had close to seventy boys, where was your troop? I heard of a troop at summer camp in Oregon that brought over 80 people, and well over 100 were in the troop.

2 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

So you're not in the OA, you were only elected so far.

My troop had close to seventy boys, where was your troop? I heard of a troop at summer camp in Oregon that brought over 80 people, and well over 100 were in the troop.

We are in Virginia, we've never gone to camp in Oregon, only as far as NY and NC, except High Adventure. Our record at camp is about 90. It WAS 46 four years ago... note the "was".

• 1 month later...
Just now, briansun1 said:

I have it sitting beside me.

Good! Make sure that your SM reads it over before you submit it. It felt like useless work to me, but it really helped give me a sense of accomplishment, becuase it talked about all the work that had gone into the poject. Don't leave anything out. :)

39 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Good! Make sure that your SM reads it over before you submit it. It felt like useless work to me, but it really helped give me a sense of accomplishment, becuase it talked about all the work that had gone into the poject. Don't leave anything out. :)

Ya. About 140 man hours all told. I'm also in Venture crew now so Advisory instead of SM, but kind of the same thing.

I finally advanced to star scout. Can you update me spot on the list. It's really cool that you maintain this. There aren't a lot of scouts in my area outside of my troop and it's really cool to know that there are indeed plenty out there.

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Just got back from NYLT. Also only need BoR for Life.

You should all go to NYLT. It's amazing, totally worth it.

Agree, when I went last year, it was amazing.

Also, did they for those who have gone only

Spoiler

Punk you guys? When I went last year, they told us we could have anything for lunch, we asked for Domino pizza, and they gave us a printout picture of Dominoes pizza.

7 hours ago, Spaceception said:

Agree, when I went last year, it was amazing.

Also, did they for those who have gone only

Hide contents

Punk you guys? When I went last year, they told us we could have anything for lunch, we asked for Domino pizza, and they gave us a printout picture of Dominoes pizza.

Staff was awesome.

Now for torture.

ENNNNNTHUSIAM!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.