Boy Scouts of America - Compilation

Endersmens

Just now, legoclone09 said:

My brother is going to Philmont in August. Also I heard last year someone died from the flooding.

Yeah, they put their tent in the wrong place, and when they were asleep, a flash flood happened, and dragged the tent down. They found the body the next morning.:(

7 hours ago, Spaceception said:

Yeah, they put their tent in the wrong place, and when they were asleep, a flash flood happened, and dragged the tent down. They found the body the next morning.:(

Ah, terrible. I heard someone say at NYLT it was a 40 foot wall of water, they weren't sure if he died on impact or drowned.

6 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

My brother is going to Philmont in August. Also I heard last year someone died from the flooding.

Yes, that's true. I was in Colorado Springs when it happened, and we were within a few hundred meters of the site on our own trek the following week. Needless to say, we were all very careful when we selected our campsites.

6 hours ago, Spaceception said:

Yep, something like that.

6 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Ah, terrible. I heard someone say at NYLT it was a 40 foot wall of water, they weren't sure if he died on impact or drowned.

Yes, it was a flash flood. I didn't get to experience any, thank god, but I've been told that they sound like a locomotive.

1 hour ago, insert_name said:

Passed my eagle board of review!!!

Congratulations! I know the feeling of sweet relief when you hear the news that you passed. I almost couldn't breathe for ten minutes cause I was so excited and relived. Congats man. :) 

10 hours ago, insert_name said:

Passed my eagle board of review!!!

Way to go!

8 hours ago, Endersmens said:

Congratulations! I know the feeling of sweet relief when you hear the news that you passed. I almost couldn't breathe for ten minutes cause I was so excited and relived. Congats man. :) 

Me too. I remember that my cheeks hurt for a good half hour afterwards, because I was smiling too much.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
56 minutes ago, EvermoreAlpaca said:

I am an Eagle Scout and work part time as a membership executive for my local council.  I also direct the STEM program during summer camp.

Way to go!

53 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Forgot about this thread for a bit, but I ranked up to Life Scout last Tuesday.

Congratulations! Any idea what your Eagle Project will be?

Edited by Dman979

1 hour ago, legoclone09 said:

Yeah, I've been trying to think of ideas.

Find something you like. Do that.

I like history, so I did an oral history project. Be creative, and when you find something you like, don't take "no" for an answer. It's your project, not your mom's, Scoutmaster's, or SPL's.

Wow... my name is not on the thread. I'm an Eagle Scout (1987) with three silver palms (45 merit badges above Eagle). Explorer Achievement Award (1988), OA (Brotherhood), with Scouter's Key, Commissioner's Key, and Silver Beaver.

Edited by adsii1970

@Dman979 where did you get the PSR logo for your sig trying to find one for my Sig also  i just Turned i my eagle project to my benificiary and my book check is jan 12. i have 1 merit badge left. all i have to do for my last merit badges is three hours more of work.  ohh and i forgot to mentio in an eralier post that iwent to NYLT and i just reacently went to philomont on a 7 day trek. 

-JWOC 

Edited by JWOC

1 hour ago, JWOC said:

@Dman979 where did you get the PSR logo for your sig trying to find one for my Sig

http://troop23wheaton.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/philmontarrowhead.jpg

1 hour ago, JWOC said:

also  i just Turned i my eagle project to my benificiary and my book check is jan 12. i have 1 merit badge left. all i have to do for my last merit badges is three hours more of work.  ohh and i forgot to mentio in an eralier post that iwent to NYLT and i just reacently went to philomont on a 7 day trek. 

Hey, congratulations! You can do it!

5 hours ago, JWOC said:

also  i just Turned i my eagle project to my benificiary and my book check is jan 12. i have 1 merit badge left. all i have to do for my last merit badges is three hours more of work.  ohh and i forgot to mentio in an eralier post that iwent to NYLT and i just reacently went to philomont on a 7 day trek. 

-JWOC 

Wow! Awesome!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.