Boy Scouts of America - Compilation

Endersmens

7 hours ago, YoetoJoe said:

Mark me down as life scout working on eagle. Also a chapter chief, cerimonialist and dancer in the OA.  Camp Coker (my scout camp) staff

Chapter chief! I think I ended up being more of a sash 'n' dash. :( I can still go for Brotherhood, though.

6 hours ago, GKSP said:

Im and eagle scout.  Got it in october

Congratulations!

On 12/10/2016 at 2:44 PM, Dman979 said:

Chapter chief! I think I ended up being more of a sash 'n' dash. :( I can still go for Brotherhood, though.

Congratulations!

@Dman979 how long till you age out? i also want to ask how did you fit the PSR logo into your Sig. BTW what was your philmont crew number? mine was 7-30-D2 

-JWOC

Edited by JWOC

1 hour ago, JWOC said:

@Dman979 how long till you age out? i also want to ask how did you fit the PSR logo into your Sig. BTW what was your philmont crew number? mine was 7-30-D2

I aged out a bit ago. I had to jimmie the sizes a bit to make it smaller and match the other picture.

My crew number was 629 Cornnuts 3. Got it branded on the inside of my Philmont belt by a nice brander, too.

@Dman979thats cool.  My crew's name started out as the salty dogs in reference to the sweat we would make at philmont and while we were there it turned into the soggy salty dogs because of  the wet weather and us being really sweaty 

-JWOC

8 minutes ago, JWOC said:

@Dman979thats cool.  My crew's name started out as the salty dogs in reference to the sweat we would make at philmont and while we were there it turned into the soggy salty dogs because of  the wet weather and us being really sweaty

Were you northcountry or southcountry?

We had our fair share of rain, too. A few days before we arrived a scout was killed by a flash flood, and we hiked by in our trek. When we were hiking from Peublano to Dan Beard (DB had the best water) we got diverted about 2 and a half miles by a flooded river. We ended up hiking about 3 miles out of our way in the rain. For the last mile, we were going across a butte in the rain and lightning. 3 of our scouts got mild cases of hypothermia. Not a fun day.

Just now, Dman979 said:

Were you northcountry or southcountry?

We had our fair share of rain, too. A few days before we arrived a scout was killed by a flash flood, and we hiked by in our trek. When we were hiking from Peublano to Dan Beard (DB had the best water) we got diverted about 2 and a half miles by a flooded river. We ended up hiking about 3 miles out of our way in the rain. For the last mile, we were going across a butte in the rain and lightning. 3 of our scouts got mild cases of hypothermia. Not a fun day.

southcountry  we went out of basecamp the rayado turnaround and went up the tooth. our second to last day on trail was eventful. we had a horse ride that day and as we came back it started to be cloudy like every other day we had during our trip and then it started raining and then started hailing and we also had some lighting. that day it rained 3 inches within 30 minutes we ended up being the epicenter of the entire stor. and we still had to hike after that and all of our bags got soaked. that night we ended up in some trail camp that nobody else was in and almost flell into a lake as our camp site was near lake.  my dad tried to light a fire with white gas beacuse he was so cold and wet. it didn't work.  to sum it all up my trek was pretty darn good. 

-JWOC

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Hello! I am currently a life scout working on my eagle badge! 

Same!

With a semaphore avatar, I figured it would be something like that. :wink:

Best of luck on your project! Any ideas what it will be?

Also, @Endersmens, I think its time to update the list. :)

8 hours ago, Dman979 said:

With a semaphore avatar, I figured it would be something like that. :wink:

Best of luck on your project! Any ideas what it will be?

Also, @Endersmens, I think its time to update the list. :)

Not right now, but I'm working on it. Currently need the Personal Managment and Family Life badges, the progect, and then I'm good! :wink: Also, with a semaphore avatar, you're either a BS or a Navy man. :P

Edited by Benjamin Kerman

I'm going to Northern Tier in August, after being a CIT at Fiesta Island for three weeks. Got Life Scout (I think I said that a page back or so), and I have all of my Eagle merit badges except for Citizenship in the Community.

EDIT: Just checked, and yeah I did say I got Life Scout on the previous page.

Edited by legoclone09

14 hours ago, JWOC said:

i have finished all the requirements for eagle and  I'm now waiting for my eagle scout BOR scheduled tentatively for the 16 of February 

Make sure it's actually scheduled for then!

And congratulations!

On 1/30/2017 at 4:59 PM, munlander1 said:

Would it be ok to talk about scout related stuff on this fourm (merit badges, advancements, etc.)

Yeah, that's the point of this thread.

9 hours ago, ThaZeus said:

I earned First class last night! And there is a good chance I will be appointed Quartermaster in this term since i need it for Star.

Congratulations!

so my BOR date is set for march 2nd. my brothers are having theirs the same night too. my mom just erned the silver beaver awarrd. Im also now part of a ventruing crew that my mom has started up 

Edited by JWOC

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.