Boy Scouts of America - Compilation

Endersmens

Down with the government. :P

It's attitudes such as that, and thanks to the ACLU, why Scouting has lost all funding/backing by the Fed. The military (servicemen) used to be one of the biggest supporters and pro-Scouts backers.

Are you sure you're really a Scout?... or are you just pretending to be?

On my honor I will do my best

To do my duty to God and my country

and to obey the Scout Law;

To help other people at all times;

To keep myself physically strong,

mentally awake, and morally straight.

It's attitudes such as that, and thanks to the ACLU, why Scouting has lost all funding/backing by the Fed. The military (servicemen) used to be one of the biggest supporters and pro-Scouts backers.

I'm positive he was just joking....

Out of curiosity, what does that last line mean?

You know, one of the things I hate about the interweb is the lack of tone. It's hard to convey sarcasm, and the difference between pointing something out and being negative is hard to find. Yeah, sure, we have these: :mad::(:rolleyes::sealed::kiss::confused::blush::wink:;.;:huh::cool::sticktongue::D:P:):0.0:, but they can be annoying to use, especially in a serious post.

I think that the "down with government" post was meant to be sarcastic, and I replied as such. On the other hand, I can see how it could be interpreted as serious.

I hope that we can move on from this minor post and get back to the OP. I've been really enjoying this thread, and I don't want it to be locked.

So, guys, please be the bigger man and move on. Please don't try to get the last word in.

Changing the tone a bit for the thread... :)

For those of us American Scouts, what was the first and last merit badge you earned?

first: Astronomy last: Mammal Study

My first badge was First Aid, the last one i just got was.... Communications

Boy Scouts is like the Achievements mod IRL?

Actually, now that you mention it - YES! :D And what is even cooler is that if you look at any American Boy Scout's merit badge sashes, no two are exactly alike. Scouts could work on merit badges that covered a variety of topics, everything from science related all the way to the fine arts. Sure, there are the required ones that every Scout had to earn in their quest for Eagle, but there was enough room for variation to keep it interesting.

First class, one MB from star.

I first discovered KSP at Onteora. Someone was playing it. I got it the day I got home :P

I was recently abducted tapped out by the OA.

I introduced a couple kids in my troop to it, one only has the demo and I consistently remind him to buy it. Unfortunately he has Mac, so I offered to build him a computer.

We need a way to identify KSP players in public, like Reddit's narwhal. Or maybe the obscenly in depth knowledge of rocket science and orbital mechanics is a bit of a giveaway.

Edited by waterlubber

I am a life scout Working on my eagle

Brotherhood member in OA

earned arrow of light

-JWOC

Got Eagle Scout on the 100th anniversary date
Eagle here. Got mine in 2010. Also a member of the Order of the Arrow.
Congrats!

W.W.W.

EDIT: I'm OA, too! Unami One, represent! :)

Forgot to add that im an OA member too! Gonna try and eventually get Vigil
Eagle Scout with 24 merit badges.
Well if were doing other awards then I also have the

National Outdoor Award - Camping

and OA...kind of. Well I would get in if they ever told us when the next ordeal was...

Same! It such an easy award to get, especially if you have been in for more than 2 years, but nobody knows about it! I mean, it's only a few more nights than needed for OA!

I also have:

My religious award

Messengers of Peace

Varsity Scout Letter

7 (going on 8) year tenure pin as a scout

a silver device for my NOA- Camping

Union League of Philadelphia Good Citizenship Award

Other things I've done-

FSR camp staff, 2013

2010 Nat'll Jambo, Troop 532

2013 National Jambo, Troop C234, Patrol leader (Flaming Stickmen ;))

Current SPL in my troop.

Going to Philmont this summer, 629C3, COLBSA contingent

Scouting Ireland.
Hello! I am a scout (No srsly. That's my rank) in troop 306!
First class, one MB from star.

I first discovered KSP at Onteora. Someone was playing it. I got it the day I got home :P

I was recently abducted tapped out by the OA.

I introduced a couple kids in my troop to it, one only has the demo and I consistently remind him to buy it. Unfortunately he has Mac, so I offered to build him a computer.

We need a way to identify KSP players in public, like Reddit's narwhal. Or maybe the obscenly in depth knowledge of rocket science and orbital mechanics is a bit of a giveaway.

All Added!

Also, Funny, I found KSP at summer camp! I saw one of the worked on his laptop all week, and every time I looked, all I saw was a bunch of different colored circles. I asked what it was called, and he said "Kerbal Space Program"

Then when I asked what he was doing, he said "trying to dock this, with this" and that was all I needed to hear. I bought the game a few weeks later, after messing around in the demo. :D

All Added!

Also, Funny, I found KSP at summer camp! I saw one of the worked on his laptop all week, and every time I looked, all I saw was a bunch of different colored circles. I asked what it was called, and he said "Kerbal Space Program"

Then when I asked what he was doing, he said "trying to dock this, with this" and that was all I needed to hear. I bought the game a few weeks later, after messing around in the demo. :D

Lol i have a game i found at summercamp, When i was doing the graphic arts mb one of the people played GTA all day, AND i was in an air conditioned room, it was in the middle of august too...

Anyways, I dont have GTA but it was funny seeing him play it, especially at summer camp

There are 3 arrows for scout knowlege the copper silver and gold arrow they are like the scout ranks in america there is the golden trifoil but you get this by having abadge from every category and the golden arrow these however are for the troop age groop witch is kids from 6th grade of primary school to 3rd grade of gymnasium thene there are the wolf cubs wich are from the 2nd grade of primary school to the 5th grade primary school and finaly there are the detectors these are kids from the first grade of high school until the 3rd grade and after that they can go tho the acout network but i havent seen anyone go there. Finnaly most people go to become adould leaders or they stop. Feel free to ask questions

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.