Boy Scouts of America - Compilation

Endersmens

On 8/21/2019 at 10:44 PM, Spaceception said:

I actually didn't have one. I was supposed to, but I couldn't decide on a place, and then we started getting busy, and it just fell by the wayside. :/

That'll be something you regret if you don't do it.  Go ahead and plan it, you've earned it. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
20 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Hey @Endersmens! I'm Life, and was working toward getting my Eagle when my troop lost funding. Still don't know what happened. Currently looking for a troop to join, so I can finish.

Good luck with that!    Stick with it, you'll regret not finishing.   Call your local council and get a list of local troops, and give some of the scoutmasters a call.  Treat this like a job interview (you're the interviewer!) and find the troop that fits you best.  It'll be a bit difficult moving into a troop you don't know, but having been around the council for a bit, you probably know more of the guys in the troop you choose than you would expect.

I have been an eagle scout for quite the time now. I feel very proud about it. Especially on ones that took me forever to complete (swimming :confused:.) Unfortunately the troop I am in doesn't exist anymore.

Since some of you are going to be entering college in the near future, I'll again plug Alpha Phi Omega, the national co-ed service fraternity based on the Scout Oath and Laws.   When you're doing your campus tours, ask about visiting a chapter (if they have one, most do), the brother's (male and female) there would be more than happy to meet you.   It's like Scouts for college kids, but with less camping (That's what the outdoor clubs are for!).

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

Since some of you are going to be entering college in the near future, I'll again plug Alpha Phi Omega, the national co-ed service fraternity based on the Scout Oath and Laws.   When you're doing your campus tours, ask about visiting a chapter (if they have one, most do), the brother's (male and female) there would be more than happy to meet you.   It's like Scouts for college kids, but with less camping (That's what the outdoor clubs are for!).

I joined the Unit College Scouter Reserve, which is another option if you want to stay involved with a troop.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Got an email from BSA today reminding me it was my Eagle Anniversary.   Hmph... completely forgot.    26 years passes quickly. 

My anniversary was a few months ago.

You know, now that I think about it, there's a whole bunch of Eagles on the Mod team. You, me, @DuoDex, @adsii1970. (I hope I'm not missing anyone.)

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.