Boy Scouts of America - Compilation

Endersmens

Electronics? The only electronics we had when I was a Scout were flashlights and AM transistor radios. The radios came in handy if there was a baseball game being aired. The flashlights... well, most kids flashlights, the batteries were dead by day two, because camping out in the woods they'd be up all night shining their lights at every little sound ..... or playing with the flashlight, pretending it was a rocket (come on now, you know you've done that lol).

Electronics? The only electronics we had when I was a Scout were flashlights and AM transistor radios. The radios came in handy if there was a baseball game being aired. The flashlights... well, most kids flashlights, the batteries were dead by day two, because camping out in the woods they'd be up all night shining their lights at every little sound ..... or playing with the flashlight, pretending it was a rocket (come on now, you know you've done that lol).

I never did such a thing, never came to mind, but mine would've been like a Kerbal rocket. I have one of these:

4398-3.jpg

In greece electronics are forbidden exept for radios, flashlights and in international and panhelenic camps there you may have a cellphone but good luck finding a socket. Also always bring spare batteries. Be prepared.

Same in America except we have sockets :P

I was a Life scout and a OA brotherhood member. My dad was in the army, so I was in the transatlantic counsel in Germany and the far east counsel in Korea. One of the coolest things I did as a boy scout was being part of the American contingent at the Nippon jamboree (Japanese boy scouts).

Got my eagle in 2010. I don't remember the total number of merit badges, but I think it was around 27 or 28 (but don't quote me on it. It's been awhile since I've counted since I've been away at college). Was part of the Order of the Arrow. Canoed at Tinnerman on the French River for a week (which is now sadly closed) and hiked Philmont in 2009 (awesome experience. I did not prep nearly enough for an 80 mile hike :P )

Never did any of the jamborees, but have heard good things about them.

I was a Life scout and a OA brotherhood member. My dad was in the army, so I was in the transatlantic counsel in Germany and the far east counsel in Korea. One of the coolest things I did as a boy scout was being part of the American contingent at the Nippon jamboree (Japanese boy scouts).

Cool! You guys have the best patches. Lucky son-of-a-gun!

Something an old scouter told me was that you always remember your rank and your scoutmaster.

Leland Mayne, Dan Fein, Amos Curtis, Mr. Horsey. Eagle Scout.

Yours?

So long as they're not big things, go for it. But the Eagle Project can take a good year or so to plan, execute, and write up.

I did my eagle project 2 months after i got life, started working on it the day i finished my life BOR, gg.

But in all seriousness, it shouldn't take over 4 months unless it's absolutely huge. (Mine was of substancial size, had 15 scouts participate, totaling over 300 hours of work on my part, and over 120 of the actual project, lets just say it was very... very... very... very... VERY... EXTREMELY... PAINFULLY... SLEEP LOSINGLY.... stressful)

I did my eagle project 2 months after i got life, started working on it the day i finished my life BOR, gg.

But in all seriousness, it shouldn't take over 4 months unless it's absolutely huge. (Mine was of substancial size, had 15 scouts participate, totaling over 300 hours of work on my part, and over 120 of the actual project, lets just say it was very... very... very... very... VERY... EXTREMELY... PAINFULLY... SLEEP LOSINGLY.... stressful)

Same. Mine took 2 years to plan, at least 2 rewrites, 61 volunteers and veterans... I feel ya. I was up till 4AM on the night before my project getting all the posters in order.

But most importantly, your project should be somehting you want to do. I was able to deal with my project because it meant something to me.

Greek scout here with the copper arrow now going to silver arrow
I'm a few requirments away from being a Life scout.
Hey, I'm almost an Eagle! I'm a Life Scout waiting on my board of review!
Life Scout currently but I've got a couple things to take care of before Eagle
Got my eagle in 2010. I don't remember the total number of merit badges, but I think it was around 27 or 28 (but don't quote me on it. It's been awhile since I've counted since I've been away at college). Was part of the Order of the Arrow. Canoed at Tinnerman on the French River for a week (which is now sadly closed) and hiked Philmont in 2009 (awesome experience. I did not prep nearly enough for an 80 mile hike :P )

Never did any of the jamborees, but have heard good things about them.

used to be a cub scout when younger

All added!

There are quite a few names on the front page now, I love it! :D

• 2 weeks later...

So I have great news (side note: sorta necropost?),

I just finished camping and e prep, about to finish personal fitness which is the last merit badge i need.

I will finish my leadership time this july most likely, which means....

I will have my eagle board of review this august.

beating my troops all time record of youngest eagle scout (yeah yeah i know, dont reveal my age blah blah blah, it was my choice to post this not yours.),

as well as that it would re-enforce my "nickname" that the troop has given me of "Super-Scout" because i'm getting it so early.

such happy

much wow.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently a First class scout with around 1-2 hours of volunteer time before Star.

I kinda want some opinion on this, do you think it is somewhat wrong to try to obtain Eagle at the minimum possible age? To me Boy Scouts and being eagle is supposed to be a journey to the end, not a race to the finish. What's the point either? To gloat?That seems like something only reason you would want to rush boy scouts, to say "Ha, Ha, Look at me. I'm an Eagle at 14 and your only a *insert rank at person's age here*." I would rather enjoy the journey over the praise. What do you guys think?

I'm currently a First class scout with around 1-2 hours of volunteer time before Star.

I kinda want some opinion on this, do you think it is somewhat wrong to try to obtain Eagle at the minimum possible age? To me Boy Scouts and being eagle is supposed to be a journey to the end, not a race to the finish. What's the point either? To gloat?That seems like something only reason you would want to rush boy scouts, to say "Ha, Ha, Look at me. I'm an Eagle at 14 and your only a *insert rank at person's age here*." I would rather enjoy the journey over the praise. What do you guys think?

There's nothing stopping you from continuing the journey after achieving Eagle. that said, there is no reason to rush it ether. I got my eagle scout two DAYS before I turned eighteen.

The truly Important part is the Skills and the Knowledge you pick up as you earn the ranks.

I chose to try and get eagle so early so i can relax and explore on campouts, but trust me, i coulda gotten it before now (dont have it yet, will soon) if i hadn't procrastinated on things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.