Boy Scouts of America - Compilation

Endersmens

Update: I passed! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Not much to tell, it was a normal board of review except a crapload more stressful and about an hour longer.

No surprise, we knew you could do it. Congrats on being the newest Eagle on the Forums! A quick tip: there are a lot of scholarships available for Eagle Scouts. Check some of them out. Also, if you're a rising Junior in high school, contact an American Legion post to find out about the Boys State program. Colleges love it, and it's a lot of fun.

YIS,

Dman979

No surprise, we knew you could do it. Congrats on being the newest Eagle on the Forums! A quick tip: there are a lot of scholarships available for Eagle Scouts. Check some of them out. Also, if you're a rising Junior in high school, contact an American Legion post to find out about the Boys State program. Colleges love it, and it's a lot of fun.

YIS,

Dman979

+rep +rep (cant give anymore ;-; )

I see you've been to Philmont? I'm going in 2017, too young to go right now, probably either taking NAYLE or doing one of the longer treks at the same time, or maybe even the OA Trail thingy, That sounds fun. Any recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a shot in the arm for this thread. I saw this on the news the other day... quite a feat. Wonder if he plays KSP?

"Utah Teen Earns All 141 Badges Offered by the Boy Scouts of America: 'Only a Few Ever Accomplish This,' Say Boy Scouts" - http://www.people.com/article/utah-boy-receives-all-141-merit-badges-boy-scouts

+rep +rep (cant give anymore ;-; )

I see you've been to Philmont? I'm going in 2017, too young to go right now, probably either taking NAYLE or doing one of the longer treks at the same time, or maybe even the OA Trail thingy, That sounds fun. Any recommendations?

Yes, I have many recommendations. What do you want to know?

What i should do for my eagle CoH :P I'm planning it right now, it'll most likely be on the 12th of October.

The 12th? Mine's on the 18th! I have a slow troop- took us more than 6 months to get everything finalized.

Anyway, what you want to do is up to you. It's YOUR ECoH, after all! I found the that NESA had some helpful resources.http://www.nesa.org/PDF/EagleCeremonyBooklet3.pdf

I am combining parts of various ceremonies for mine. I liked the Voice of the Eagle on page 15.

Do you have a speaker? Also, be sure to invite the anyone who donated to help make your project possible, and the beneficiary. Make sure to tell your SPL what you consider appropriate attire for scouts to wear! I have a lot of new scouts in my troop, so it's especially important.

Well im no longer troop leader i was not voted this year. But hopefully we will make a new troop this year.

Huh? Did your troop disband?

I was a life scout, with only 1 merit badge remaining to get eagle (communications) before I quit.

Scouting became less about me having fun with a group of friends and more about my parents and scout leaders giving me lectures and tests for my Eagle.

I told them that lectures and tests were not my idea of after-school fun. They didn't stop pushing homework on me.

I quit. My parents were devastated of course (because I was "right there" as far as earning Eagle goes), but I told them that I was in it for camping, the outdoors, and friends. I wasn't in it for essay's, speeches and written tests. Told them if they would have let me get Eagle on my own, I probably would have, but the constant nagging and prodding totally turned me off scouting.

However, I have no hurt feelings toward the organization or my fellow scouts (new and old), so if you enjoy scouting, keep at it!

Sorry to hear that you quit. Rather than quit, maybe you should have told the parents and scout leaders to 'back off' ... letting them know this is your gig. Encouragement is good, but insistent nagging and prodding is not encouragement - it's annoyance and frustrating. :(

• 1 month later...
Congrats! Now on to your first palm...

My Eagle Scout court of honor was June 15th, 1988. Will never forget that day.

First palm? I'm out of Scouts now, but I'm a Venturer. And I got my Bronze and Gold palms! I had my Gold BOR 2 days before my 18th birthday.

And, Kozak, it will be glorious.

I ended with 45 over required for Eagle. Yeah, three silver palms! I was active in Scouting until 2011, when I had a confrontation with a professional scouter. It is a shame when professional scouters (I was once a District Executive as well) forgets that he/she is in a program centered around serving youth (if you want to know what this jerk did, I'll answer any questions in a private message as not to upset the moderators).

I've been a Scoutmaster, Cubmaster, Unit Commissioner, Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner, Assistant District Commissioner Assistant Council Commissioner, Council Vice President, and finally, a District Executive (professional scouter). Been an adult volunteer since my 18th birthday and left when I was 41 years old.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.