LV-N Atomic Rocket Motor Not transferring heat

KSP 1.0.2 Windows 32 bit

Problem: LV-N "Nerv" Atomic rocket motor retains ALL heat. Parts it's attached to stay cool with no transference. Causes Atomic rocket motor to overheat and explode before 500 DeltaV burn can complete even.

Mods Installed:

TextureReplacer-2.4.4

PlanetShine-0.2.3.1

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-7-4-LR

Distant_Object_Enhancement_bis-v1.5.5

Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2 (only a few effects, not the large memory intensive ones, such as clouds or auroras)

B9_Aerospace_Pack-R5.2.8

Active Texture Management Basic-Release

Chatterer-0.9.1

CRP_0.4.2

USI Explorer pack ExpPack_0.4.0

Ferram_Aerospace_Research-v0.15.1_Fanno

Filter.Extensions.v2.1.3

Firespitter_7.1.2 (no parts, .dll only)

HyperEdit-1.4_for-KSP-1.0

InfernalRobotics.0.21.2

KAS_v0.5.1

Kerbal_Joint_Reinforcement-v3.1.3

KerbalAlarmClock_3.3.1.1

KIS_v1.1.4

KSP_Interstellar_Extended-1.1.7

KSP-AVC-1.1.5.0

MechJeb2-2.5.1.0

Outer_Planets_Mod-1.7_Beta_1

RasterPropMonitor-v0.19.3

RemoteTech-1.6.5

Science_Funding-1.1.1

SmartParts-1.6.5

TacLifeSupport_0.11.1.20

TweakScale_-_Rescale_Everything-v2.1

USITools_0.4.1

Reproduction Steps: Build a craft utilizing LV-N Atomic Rocket Motor and attempt a long burn (such as to reach another planet). Heat overlay indicates no heat is transferring to attached parts and all is retained by engines.

Log:

None generated unless I'm missing something. Please advise.

Debug menu indicated only 1082 Mb Used memory, 1182 Mb Reserved memory, 104 Mb Unused Reserved.

I'm not sure how to record a video of it, but if I can get some advice as to how, I'd be happy to.

Somebody on the KSPI thread mentioned that the waste-heat and new heating mechanics seem to be conflicting, I'd try pulling that (if you have any idea how,please share, game freezes when I try).

It may have been me. I posted there too because I suspected that was the issue since both are using heat systems which don't work the same way. What's a freeware way to record and post video? I've never done that.

Ok, it IS caused by KSPI extended configuration. It's a temporary problem until FreeThinker integrates the the two heat systems or converts the Interstellar heat system to stock. I edited the engine part config file to produce 1/3 as much heat as a temporary measure so I can keep playing until it's fixed. It still gets hot, but won't instantly explode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.