Burials Galore [How do you want to be buried]

andrew123

I like the idea of growing a tree on top of your biodegradeble coffin. Especialy if the burial would be done somewhere where the soil is poor so my body would enrich it. If that would be done on a much bigger scale in a generation or two we could have real "haunted forests" :)

Interesting food for thought. Assuming the laws will allow one to do that, then:

a) I'd want to have my body donated to science. If it's not needed, then:

b1) if I'm reasonably healthy at the time of death, take the flesh and use it as animal food. The bones can be used for art projects or whatever. If not:

b2) breaking down and extraction of useful nutrients, get turned into fertilizer and literally push daisies. If it's not worth it:

c) cremation, at a crematorium that uses the waste heat as an energy source like that one town in Sweden (can't find the link right now, sorry)

If none of that goes, then what Mighty1 said :P

I've got two options I'm deciding on:

1) Be buried in my hometown's cemetery.

2) Get cremated and my ashes taken out on a boat and tossed into Lake Erie. (I've always loved the water, and Lake Erie's absolutely beautiful.)

I'll also specifically request in my will to have lively music, loads of food, and a sizable amount of beer & liquor at my non-religious funeral. Maybe some live entertainment. I don't want my funeral to be the cryfest & sobfest that most are; I've cried and been devastated enough in my life and I don't want others to feel the same way because of me. Most would rather have the "Tender" piano music played at a very low level at their funeral, but I'd rather have ZZ Top, Def Leppard, Van Halen, and a whole load of other rock bands' music played very, very loud at my funeral. Most would rather have expensive wine and no meal at theirs, I'd rather have cheap beer and Cincinnati Chili with Mashed Potatoes and Creamed Corn at mine. I figure it's the last chapter, why go out with a whimper instead of a bang?

I like the idea of growing a tree on top of your biodegradeble coffin. Especialy if the burial would be done somewhere where the soil is poor so my body would enrich it. If that would be done on a much bigger scale in a generation or two we could have real "haunted forests" :)

That's all very creepy and cool at the same time.

Using the dead to re-fertilize the Earth. I like it. :)

If I'd be personal, if you'd mind:

I.. don't want to be buried grandly, in a huge coffin or anything - I just want to be remembered humbly, not as a man who is very pompous and has a good life or anything like that. Maybe in an urn or something small.. I don't want to sadden people by death - Hopefully the time would come by where I've served my purpose, and perhaps in a time I'm ready to face such a thing - If I ever have a funeral, I'd want it to be of celebration and gratefulness, not of mourning and trauma.

Well, I will never know how I will be remembered by the time I perish. Mybe as a person who was sloppy, arrogant and deserved his fate? Maybe a person who has changed other's lives for the better? It's a painfully mysterious thing.

In short, I don't want to be rememebered with sadness. I just want to be buried with gratefulness and celebration as my time has passed and I've served my purpose.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.