(ENDED but please don't delete yet) U.K.S.A.F. F-10_______ Procurement Competetion

The UKSAF has announced that the F-10 Procurement Competition has officially begun today. They have stated the following list of requirements for the aircraft designs:

-Must be in 1.0.2

-Stock aerodynamics

-All Mods allowed with the exception of tweakscale

-Must be a completely custom aircraft(no stock planes, no downloaded from elsewhere planes, no copies of real life planes, etc... Build it yourself from the ground up)

-Only one entry per person

-Once you comment with your entry you cannot change it

-Must use BD armory

-This will be an air to air interdiction fighter

-under 15 tons(15 tons includes only main gun ammunition and internal fuel storage, all other weapons such as missiles and also external fuel tanks if you wish to include them do not count towards the 15 tons)

-under 45,000 dollars not including weapons

-must have 6+ mounting hard points

-must have at least 1 countermeasure pod

-must have at least one main gun(any caliber) and at least 300 rounds of ammunition per gun(stored internally)

-Must have at least 250 gallons of fuel per engine stored internally

-Must have the ability to utilize detachable external fuel tanks that can be jettisoned while inflight without damaging the aircraft(must have the ability to attach a small decoupler, can take up one mounting hard point per fuel tank)

-must be able to go 300m/s under 1,000 meters and 500m/s between 5,000 and 8,000 meters

-Must be able to take off at speeds under 100 m/s and before passing the control tower on the KSC main runway

-Must be able to roll and climb vertically immediately after liftoff(so it can perform combat take offs)

-Must be able to perform short/unimproved runway takeoff and landing(island airstrip off the coast of main KSC)

-Must be able to perform agile high speed and high G maneuvers

-Must be sturdy so it doesn't break apart during high G flight or from barely being hit

-If it isn't listed here as a requirement then assume it is not one

-must look cool(this is a fighter jet after all)

-From the time of this post the competition has started. You have until 2359 eastern standard time on May 24th to submit your entry. To enter comment here with a link to the craft file and whatever else you want to add but you don't have to add anything else if you don't want to. After the time limit is up I will judge the craft that are submitted and then announce the 3 finalists and say what I liked and did not like about each of their designs. After the finalists are chosen they will have 3 days from the time of my comment to make any changes that they feel are necessary to their aircraft.(minor tweaks only, fine tuning wings, gimbals, and adding or removing small parts. The final aircraft must still resemble the initially submitted aircraft.) After that period they must comment back with the new link to their new craft file and I will test their final design and announce a winner after I have decided. Good luck and thank you in advance for your submissions!

This is the UKSAF's hanger containing all of their current and retired aircraft and equipment. Feel free to view and download for inspiration. The aircraft that is being replaced is the F9 Wasp family of jets(mini wasp, v-wasp, and super wasp) http://kerbalx.com/hangars/1703

Edited by TMasterson5
Post clarified and some minor details added

Reposting my submission from the reddit thread, just so it's here too:

Despite being mostly stock this was pretty fun.

Anyway, here's an entry for you: XF-10 Sparkle <-download (Additional mods: Adjustable landing gear )

Just edges in under the 15 ton weight limit. Without the main gun, ammo, or stores weight is about 14.8 tons. http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/29616916292647763/41F9EC7FD0388EEBC87EC3882883B800C62F871A/

However, it does carry twice the internal fuel requirement (530 units/engine), cost without weapons 42,181.

Takeoff speed is about 50 m/s fully loaded. Landing speed is 20-50 m/s (So yes, island runway is not problem.)

9 hardpoints (11 without bags), total fuel amount with external tanks is 1690. Maximum speed with bags is 340, without them it'll go very fast above 6000 http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/29616916292662419/9AFD206526DE3DF75945170C259529B03721461B/

Durability seems ok. http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/29616916292648069/43722FAE4EA9EEE28C1A5DBCB78A2F83CCA9F6A1/

Maneuverability is best below 50% internal fuel, but acceptable above that as well. Maximum recorded safe G-load is about 45. Extreme AoA should be avoided above 700 m/s at medium altitude, otherwise it's pretty hard to break the thing.

Missiles all launch ok unless you do something silly like full deflection aileron rolls at 250+ m/s or hard negative G's when firing.

Airbrakes are bound to group 5, though with the speed it bleeds during turns that's hardly needed.

SAS optional, it's pretty stable with or without. If you ever want to give it to the AI or dogfight with it yourself, just give it about 50% fuel on takeoff. Or burn off that much by the time you get to the target area.

Edited by Phearlock

Thanks for the tips on the format guys it's my first time posting on here! Also if it meets almost all of he requirements feel free to post it anyways, you never know, you might win anyways! Also make sure you posts link to the craft file so I can test and judge the designs.

Alright, here is my entry in the form of the HASF Wasp Mk. II.

While being bigger and slower than the rest, it packs a much bigger punch than all.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Link for ship download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9dj6w5uc1k7cnn/SAI%20HASF%20Wasp%20Mk_%20II.craft?dl=0

Action Group 1 engages the miniguns

Action Group 2 launches counterpods

Edited by Bob_Saget54
Forgot download link. Whoops.

Project AXES-S-32-B:

5nFx8EH.png

https://www./?61rmlqm186829j2 - Mediafire (.craft file)

Uses Flag Decals mod. Mobius Squadron emblem sold separately.

-All Mods allowed with the exception of tweakscale

✆Flag Decals used.

-Must be a completely custom aircraft(no stock planes, no downloaded from elsewhere planes, no copies of real life planes, etc... Build it yourself from the ground up)

✆If it resembles something else, I am unaware of it.

-under 15 tons(15 tons includes only main gun ammunition and internal fuel storage, all other weapons such as missiles and also external fuel tanks if you wish to include them do not count towards the 15 tons)

✆According to KSP, 14.1 tons.

-under 45,000 dollars not including weapons

✆$44,987, including onboard ammunition.

-must have 6+ mounting hard points

✆3 per wing plus 4 on fuselage.

-must have at least 1 countermeasure pod

✆2, press action group 1 to use.

-must have at least one main gun(any caliber) and at least 300 rounds of ammunition per gun(stored internally)

✆20mm with 1300 rounds.

-Must have at least 250 gallons of fuel per engine stored internally

✆Additional fuel storage space available but unused, currently has 375 gallons per engine.

-Must have the ability to utilize detachable external fuel tanks that can be jettisoned while inflight without damaging the aircraft(must have the ability to attach a small decoupler, can take up one mounting hard point per fuel tank)

✆Fuel tanks can be placed on hull or inner wing mounting points, but are not there to begin with. Plane should easily be able to lift any drop tanks you add.

-must be able to go 300m/s under 1,000 meters and 500m/s between 5,000 and 8,000 meters

✆330 m/s (641 knots) speed at 500m ASL, capable of self-combustion due to friction overheating at 8000m ASL. Recommended top speed 700m/s (1360 knots). Documented top speed 1000 m/s (1943 knots) prior to airframe breaking apart with 100% heat setting.

If heating is disabled, documented top speed of 1204 m/s (2340 knots), though it will bleed fuel while doing so.

-Must be able to take off at speeds under 100 m/s and before passing the control tower on the KSC main runway

✆Capable of near-immediate take-off at speed ~30 m/s (~60 knots).

-Must be able to roll and climb vertically immediately after liftoff(so it can perform combat take offs)

✆See above, this method was used to test previous.

-Must be able to perform short/unimproved runway takeoff and landing(island airstrip off the coast of main KSC)

✆See above.

-Must be able to perform agile high speed and high G maneuvers

✆Sustains 9.3+ G at most speeds, though airframe did break apart at speeds in excess of 800 m/s (1555 knots) upon an extremely sharp turn being pulled.

-Must be sturdy so it doesn't break apart during high G flight or from barely being hit

✆Can also handle X2 physics timewarp, handles same G forces at high speeds.

-Carrier capability

✆Easily able to handle take-off/landing from aircraft carriers.

-Potential score

240+ given basic craft specifications relative to contract requirements.

Edited by Steamtex
Updated after testing with aircraft carrier

Here is my entry. http://kerbalx.com/ExplorerKlatt/F-2B-Talon

It meets all the requirements and is actually all stock parts except the BDA weapons. Without the drop tanks I have had this plane doing Mach 2 at sea level. The drop tanks use Stock Fuel Switch. With it installed, the drop tanks will double the fuel load. Without it, just remember to take the oxidizer out.

Here is my entry the F-85 lancer. Action groups in the bio also with some back story. It is a multi-role plane so it can also do ground attack if you need it too. Needs QuizTechAero,Firespitter and Mechjeb 2

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=09387261531342942225

Edited by CptNinja
forgot to state the mods used

Well seeing as I have a craft that is older than anything posted here and still far more combat capable than most of the others.... And is an SSTO.

CJ1gReZ.jpg

The F-119 Akula

Single seat multi-role fighter.

Top speed, orbital velocity

Service Ceiling, 75km orbit (clean) 70km orbit light load.

Max payload.... not sure never really tested.

cpL6S6h.jpg

bSFOg79.jpg

And just proof of age...

i7UGpR3.jpg

Taken in .90.

Download link

F-119 Akula

Sometimes inspiration comes from the oddest places... Mig-21.

Edited by Hodo

Here's my entry, FX-3 D

Not really fast, but can do sharp turns

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjp1npceifol9g4/FX-3%20D%20Strike%20Mode.craft?dl=0

I could also make it looks "stealthier", adding internal weapon bays

It also has a drogue chute, 10 hard point, 1 external fuel tank

Mods that i use:

B9 Procedural Wings

Adjustable Landing Gear

Vanguard Technologies EVA Parachute

Edited by Maverick221
Forgot to add vanguard mods :p

Sometimes inspiration comes from the oddest places... Mig-21.

I like the design, and I must say it seems very functional, but he specifically said it couldn't be inspired by/based on any real aircraft.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.