New Kraken - The Indecisively Crafty kraken

Well thats a double meaning

This one is very weird. I have a very large rocket composed of one of my blender constructs. At the bottom are 12 @ (Rockomax decoupler, big orange tank, and skipper)s. There are 24 launch stabilizer and the rocket is well off the ground. The launch goes well, the stabilizers decouple & relax and the rocket is off the ground, but then . . . . . . .the launch pad explodes . . . . . .There is no evidence that any part fell off or broke off the rocket.

The rocket climbs, up, up, up . . . . . . . . and then

the launch stabilizers reappear on the rocket, and then disappear.

The rocket climbs some more

the stabilizers appear for a bit longer

The rocket climbs to around 20,000 meters

the stabilizers appear again and the rocket spontaneous explodes leaving no trace.

I have long suspected that when parts decouple the game is not actually removing all traces of part from the remaining portion.

The reason I suspect this is that when I add strut connectors to the lower stages of the rocket, they frequently increase the lag, but when

those stages are decoupled the lag continues, even after 4 or 5 stages have been decouple the rocket remains laggy as it behaves from launch.

• 2 weeks later...

You are correct. If you can read even a little code, do a quicksave during launch after you've dropped a few stages. make a copy and view it (do not use notepad, it will crash) If you ctrl+f, enter your vessel name, and scroll down you will see some parts still listed under the vessel.

Decauplers and struts only gets completely removed when you leave the craft and return back to it. Other than that yes even if you don't see them they will still cause lag as they are there. I have had strange kraken behaviour with struts and decauplers too from time to time. Once i had a rockomax decoupler attached to the main body with 6 struts and when it decoupled the struts refused to let go and started stretching -_- They stretched over 2km distance and then the game refused to work anymore and crashed :)

Oddly enough, the day after I made my original response, I encountered the exact same bug. Only difference is it was a very small rocket, less than 15 parts. They didn't reappear and disappear though. They detached normally, and at about 12km suddenly reappeared and everything exploded. This may be related to my other recurring bug as it is possibly a staging issue related to TweakStage.

read about it here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.