None of my mods are working except alarm clock.

I have downloaded, Chatter, KW and B9 and nothing seems to be working. My KSP is up to date as of this morning. I unzipped and moved to an addon folder I created within KSP. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you

I have downloaded, Chatter, KW and B9 and nothing seems to be working. My KSP is up to date as of this morning. I unzipped and moved to an addon folder I created within KSP. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you

By "not working", could you please be more specific?

- Are you in career, science or sandbox mode?

- Are the parts listed in the loading screen?

- Do the parts show up in the VAB/SPH parts list?

Could you please show us a screenshot of what your KSP_win/GameData folder looks like? If you have installed your add-ons correctly, they should be in that folder.

I am playing career mode. I can briefly see them as they load, I think, they are moving pretty quick. Id love to post a screenshot but I don't have permission. Sorry Im new at this

I am playing career mode. I can briefly see them as they load, I think, they are moving pretty quick.

Basically, you need to play the career mode game, conduct experiments, earn science points and then spend said science points to unlock the mod parts according to the Tech node they're in.

Id love to post a screenshot but I don't have permission. Sorry Im new at this

Don't have permission from what/whom? The computer's security settings ...or the person that owns the computer you're using?

On the bottom of this page it says "you may not post attachments" under posting permissions

You need to upload your screenshots to an external image hosting website (such as Imgur), and then link to the uploaded photo in your forum posts.

The forums doesn't allow direct upload, as that would clog up the servers very quickly if everyone did so.

Also, why wouldnt chatter be working?

Chatterer generally works when a command pod or probe core is present in the flight scene.

Check that the Chatterer icon appears in the flight scene toolbar.

Right, you've installed your add-ons incorrectly.

First, get rid of the "addons" folder, and put the add-on subfolders directly in GameData instead.

Secondly, Chatterer needs to be put inside KSP_win\GameData\Chatterer

Thirdly, delete that source folder, you don't need it.

I'll help you with your other add-ons once you get Chatterer working.

Right, see, here's the thing - every time you download an add-on, you need to unzip the contents elsewhere on your computer, go into the GameData folder inside the add-on and copy it into the GameData folder in your game.

Do that for all of your mods and then show me your results.

I normally just download them to the downloaded folder, unzip them to the downloaded folder and just drag the unzipped file. Perhaps I missed that one. I was under the impression you would get the addons immediatey, rockets and whatnot, ki da like a cheat. So I have to wait until I unlock that part of the tech tree? Normally I wouldn't be a cheater but I'm really struggling with this game. The tutorials are hardly helpful as far as keyboard functions and terminology. It's all very basic and basic is clearly not what this game is. Thanks for your help kind stranger

Hey lowfan,

Sumghai is great for helping you like he has. As an alternative to trying to install your mods yourself, you could look into using CKAN. It is a standalone program that can manage your mods for you. I suggest you take a look at it to see if it might help.

What it does is keep track of what mods you have installed, and let you know when a mod is updated. It will also perform the install/uninstall for you, much like the Curse client does for world of warcraft (if you are familiar with that).

Many folks love it for the convenience it provides. The only down side, is that it is not quite a current as I would like, as it is not instantly aware of new mods and new versions as they appear.

I can help with getting ckan up and running if you choose that direction.

However, as you get to know the game and its structure better, is is good to know how mods are installed in the game. Once you "get it" it is actually very easy.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Sure, Ill try it out. I am unfamiliar with computer gaming. I have used mostly consoles. I clicked ckan.exe and now have what appears to be a dos window and another one.

Sure, Ill try it out. I am unfamiliar with computer gaming. I have used mostly consoles. I clicked ckan.exe and now have what appears to be a dos window and another one.

Right. The executable is designed to run on windows osx or linux. the dos box loads the runtime engine.

The app itself is pretty straight forward. CKAN has a wiki to explain how it is used, but basically you can connect it to your installation, and it will scan your game for addons.

Addons that have already been manually installed will have n "AD" in place of a checkbox. There is a filter to show only your installed mods or different combinations of mods... you can also search by name for a desired mod. The search is affected by the filter. Mods that CKAN has installed will have the check box checked.

6IhI1bj.png

If you see an AD next to the mod, then you will need to remove the mod to allow CKAN to manage it for you. For example in the screenie above, Ship manifest is not managed by CKAN, as I'm the developer and it is manually installed.

Removal is simple... remove the folder for the mod where it is, inside the GameData Folder. If you are not sure of the folder name, look at the contents tab at the far right. it will show the install folder.

Or, you can use this tool: CKAN Mod Migration Tool.

Once you have removed any existing mods, you can simply check the mods you want to install, then click on "go to changes" once there you will see a list of all mods that will be installed and any dependencies they need (other mods). Click Apply, and CKAN will download the mod and install it for you.

Once a day, run this application and click on the refresh button to reload the list of mods from the server. any available updates will then appear in the second column of the list with a Checkbox

Edited by Papa_Joe

Yeah, I definitely also recommend CKAN too - it makes add-on installation/management much easier than the typical manual method. There are even CKAN-specific plugins that allow you to pick what portion of a parts pack you want to install.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.