[DEVTHREAD]Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Get the latest version here!

0.1.1: Blaze Of Glory

Want to camp out? Then take along the Ponderosa Inflatable Crew Module (ICM)! First bolt a Saddle into the ground, then saddle up the Ponderosa. The ICM comes outfitted with the Pathfinder Geology Lab, but other configurations are possible. And if you need supplies, don't forget to bring along the Buckboard shipping container and/or Chuckwagon Inflatable Multipurpose Warehouse.

- Added the Saddle Mini-Slab. Attach this to the ground.

- Added the Ponderosa Inflatable Crew Module with Pathfinder Geology Lab.

- Added the MC-1000 Buckboard, a container able to hold a variety of different resources.

- Added the Chuckwagon Inflatable Multipurpose Warehouse (IMW)

Edited by Angel-125

Looks AWESOME!! Can't wait to use this!

Keep up the awesome work

Much thanks for the update and glad you found what looks like a work around looking great :)

Thanks! :) I'm trying to keep things so that each release is usable as is, but each new release adds to the functionality. The Geology Lab for instance isn't done yet, but it still gives you benefits. I am especially pleased with how the new and improved Ponderosa and Chuckwagon turned out. And I think the new Saddle will help with base jumping issues.

I see you've got a source repo, but it's empty (and the URL in the .version file doesn't exist); you didn't happen to forget to commit, did you? :wink:

I'm working on the core mechanics and the code is still a mess as I figure out how to do things. But the first post in the thread always contains a link to the latest version, and I keep the thread title up to date as well. Definitely not ready for prime-time; what I've got now is pre-release preview stuff. But it's getting there, I have been doing my research and expanding the roadmap. :)

Edited by Angel-125

Your work around isn't working :(screenshot5.png

EDIT- Build one then goto space center then go back to your new build and watch that first step out if there is a kerbal inside.

Edited by Mecripp2

Your work around isn't working :(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Untitled%20Folder/screenshot5.png

EDIT- Build one then goto space center then go back to your new build and watch that first step out if there is a kerbal inside.

Ok so I need more information about what's going on. What steps did you take to get to that screenshot? One thing I specifically tested is installing a Ponderosa on the saddle, put a kerbal inside, and exited the game and reloaded. When I came back, the Ponderosa was inflated and the kerbal was still there.

Ok so I need more information about what's going on. What steps did you take to get to that screenshot? One thing I specifically tested is installing a Ponderosa on the saddle, put a kerbal inside, and exited the game and reloaded. When I came back, the Ponderosa was inflated and the kerbal was still there.

I posted it

I had about all the parts, I wanted to test but was 1 saddle short but put the saddle down and then Ponderosa on it then all you have to do is get it to reload by goto the space center and back to the Ponderosa.

I posted it

I had about all the parts, I wanted to test but was 1 saddle short but put the saddle down and then Ponderosa on it then all you have to do is get it to reload by goto the space center and back to the Ponderosa.

Ok, I will give that a try. I didn't try stacking Ponderosas. I'll give that a try tonight. When you say to watch the first step if there is a kerbal inside, what do you mean by that?

also, when you installed the latest, did you delete the older install? Just trying to get a feel for how you installed and used the mod. Thanks for your feedback. :)

Edited by Angel-125

Yes thats in a new test install and the stacking Ponderosas that don't matter, I was just short a pad :( and the first step is because poor kerbal will far maybe around 10 to 15 kerbal feet to the ground that picture the Ponderosas never came back down to the ground and with no ladder there is no way to get back in guess, I could have pulled the rover over there and tried to climb up lol.

EDIT- Sometimes they fall back down and sometimes they stay up there.

Get the latest version here!

0.1.1: Blaze Of Glory

Want to camp out? Then take along the Ponderosa Inflatable Crew Module (ICM)! First bolt a Saddle into the ground, then saddle up the Ponderosa. The ICM comes outfitted with the Pathfinder Geology Lab, but other configurations are possible. And if you need supplies, don't forget to bring along the Buckboard shipping container and/or Chuckwagon Inflatable Multipurpose Warehouse.

- Added the Saddle Mini-Slab. Attach this to the ground.

- Added the Ponderosa Inflatable Crew Module with Pathfinder Geology Lab.

- Added the MC-1000 Buckboard, a container able to hold a variety of different resources.

- Added the Chuckwagon Inflatable Multipurpose Warehouse (IMW)

http://youtu.be/D0eHOIB5AUA

is KIS a must have?or this mod works fine with just KAS?i used kas in 0.9 for this mod and it wokred fine

New release is up!

I fixed a few bugs related to KIS, reworked the Saddle, and added a ladder to the Ponderosa. I also investigated the base jumping issue and found that you need to attach the Saddle to the ground to prevent jumping from happening. If you can still push the Saddle around on the ground, then it is not properly attached to the ground.

NOTE: The Saddle might explode when attaching to the ground. I haven't figured out why this happens, but I did try a whole bunch of shapes to find one that mostly works.

Regarding the Buckboard: Remember that it holds resources, and those resources take up mass. For instance, the LFO configuration masses 5100kg. Kerbals can carry a metric ton at most. I've verified that a kerbal can carry an empty Buckboard.

Edited by Angel-125

New release is up!

I fixed a few bugs related to KIS, reworked the Saddle, and added a ladder to the Ponderosa. I also investigated the base jumping issue and found that you need to attach the Saddle to the ground to prevent jumping from happening. If you can still push the Saddle around on the ground, then it is not properly attached to the ground.

NOTE: The Saddle might explode when attaching to the ground. I haven't figured out why this happens, but I did try a whole bunch of shapes to find one that mostly works.

Regarding the Buckboard: Remember that it holds resources, and those resources take up mass. For instance, the LFO configuration masses 5100kg. Kerbals can carry a metric ton at most. I've verified that a kerbal can carry an empty Buckboard.

Getting this [Warning]: [KAS] Warning ! ActiveVessel is landed and heightFromTerrain are negative (-1) but it stayed on the ground :) and Buckboard is broke now it won't Inflate.

Edited by Mecripp2

Buckboad does not inflate. It is a container like the standard KIS container. Instead of an inventory it holds resources. The inflatable storage unit is the Chuckwagon. It goes on one of the disk-shaped ports on the Ponderosa.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the Buckboard needs a different look to distinguish it from the standard containers. Your comment is good feedback, thanks. :)

Just out of curiosity, if you attach the KIS concrete slab to the ground do you get the same warning?

Edited by Angel-125