[DEVTHREAD]Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

There is a random bug of them blowing up when loading scene now sure why sometimes there fine then sometimes the like bombs poor poor kerbals.

Ok try sticking the Ponderosa on top of the KIS concrete sbase and see if the problem continues. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Haven't got it to blow up that way still good using KIS concrete base.

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. Sounds like I need to do more work with the Saddle. There's definitely something different about the way the KIS base is dropped onto the ground versus how the Saddle is dropped. Once I figure that out, the explosions should stop. Thanks for the help testing this. :)

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. Sounds like I need to do more work with the Saddle. There's definitely something different about the way the KIS base is dropped onto the ground versus how the Saddle is dropped. Once I figure that out, the explosions should stop. Thanks for the help testing this. :)

The KIS part has 1 Collider and yours has 2 on the same part that overlay the same place ?

The KIS part has 1 Collider and yours has 2 on the same part that overlay the same place ?

Actually, the Saddle only has one collider, just like the KIS concrete slab. There's something else that's different about the KIS slab that the Saddle needs. If the Ponderosa does not explode when attached to the KIS concrete slab, but does with the Saddle, then I need to fix the Saddle. The problem is that I don't know what that difference is, and I get no support for KospY/Winn.

Not to be rude but you might check again, I see a Collider and then down from it is Collider.Collider not sure if that would be the problem or not just don't see why in 2 spot look like there doing the same thing who know ?

And his is one piece it doesn't have all that other stuff making it look fancy :)

EDIT- Just did alittle test and used a structuralPanel2 and added

MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
volumeOverride = 100
stackable = true
allowAttachOnStatic = true
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISPartStatic
breakForce = 10
}

And so far no jumping base and no more Base going off like a bomb on reloading game :)

EDIT- Any chance on getting the green house looking one :) or you going to make me dig it out lol :) this make great bases.

Edited by Mecripp2

Not to be rude but you might check again, I see a Collider and then down from it is Collider.Collider not sure if that would be the problem or not just don't see why in 2 spot look like there doing the same thing who know ?

And his is one piece it doesn't have all that other stuff making it look fancy :)

EDIT- Just did alittle test and used a structuralPanel2 and added

MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
volumeOverride = 100
stackable = true
allowAttachOnStatic = true
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISPartStatic
breakForce = 10
}

And so far no jumping base and no more Base going off like a bomb on reloading game :)

EDIT- Any chance on getting the green house looking one :) or you going to make me dig it out lol :) this make great bases.

No worries, you're not being rude. I'll look again, maybe the model is messed up. The KIS part being one piece, I don't think that would do it. Maybe it's the two colliders-which I could swear was only one...

Oh don't worry, there will be a greenhouse as well. The idea is that if you have a life-support mod like TAC-LS, the greenhouse will produce food air etc. Otherwise it's just a decorative piece.

And great test, it definitely sounds like the Saddle needs work. Thanks for taking a look. :)

Edited by Angel-125

Is it possible to change the ponderosa to be different modules? I can't seem to change it to say a PDU or something. Awesome mod BTW.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible to change the ponderosa to be different modules? I can't seem to change it to say a PDU or something. Awesome mod BTW.

Can i make a huge ask Angel? can you submit this to CKAN even if it is still a WIP?

I've not used CKAN before. As long as they permit me to upload a WIP, then I should be able to do it. It may have to wait until next week though, my folks are in town for my birthday/Father's Day, and a mission critical project at work has gone south, so please bear with me as my time is limited for the next few days.

Well, the download from a few pages back still works, and it seems to play nice so far.

I love it!

Glad you like it. :) I have a bunch more work to do, such as straighten out the issues with the Saddle and continue developing the Geology Lab, but it's getting there. How do folks like the gaming aspect of the core samples? My girlfriend and I wanted to bring a sense of Old West gambling into the mod, so we're curious to know how that's going. :)

Download link disabled because of lack of license?

Yes, the link is temporarily disabled by the moderators due to no source being posted. As soon as I get more time I'll correct that situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. :) It is possible to change the Ponderosa to become different modules. Right now, only the Geology Lab is available (and I am working on expanding its capabilities), but I do have others in mind that require more design work. Since Pathfinder is a separate mod from Multipurpose Colony Modules (MCM), you won't see templates that provide MKS/OKS functionality, like the Ponderosa had in MCM, as a core feature. Instead, I have stuff in the works that is appropriate for Pathfinder; things that help your prospectors and geologists do their jobs, things inspired by NASA's space habitat studies, stuff that gives you the tools to find that good spot before setting up a more permanent facility.

Glad you like it. :) I have a bunch more work to do, such as straighten out the issues with the Saddle and continue developing the Geology Lab, but it's getting there.

Yeah... I had my first encounter with the Kraken shortly after switching back to the base area from the Tracking Station. Stuff exploded and the lab got hurled a couple hundred meters upwards. (I was on Minmus...) However, the Ponderosa and the Chuckwagon pods have proven to be extremely sturdy, as they survived the impromptu flying lesson, while the radio antenna I had bolted to the roof of the Ponderosa did not fare quite so well.

That said, there are some... balance issues... with the LFO Buckboard. Take a Buckboard with a Ponderosa and some other oddball part tucked inside, a 1.25m probe core, two 100 EC batteries, two solar panels, and an LV-909, and that little probe packs over 5 km/s dV. I'm not complaining in the slightest, though: It's an outstanding courier to the Mun or Minmus. Got it out to Minmus in 6 hours!

LOL! I think I missed a decimal point somewhere. Technically the buckboard does hold 1000L of resources, but the closest tank in size is the FL-100, so I'll have to recalibrate the storage capacity accordingly, but give it fewer resources so that it can be carried. Thanks for the report! :) For now you should be able to avoid the kraken by using the KIS concrete slab instead of the Saddle.

Edit: I've done some more testing this morning, trying to figure out the differences between the KIS concrete base and the Saddle. One thing I did was remove the surface attach node from the Saddle- the KIS base doesn't have it. Thus far, no explosions when dropping the Saddle onto the ground, bolting it into the ground, and reloading the game. I've also repeatedly switched from the space center to the Ponderosa and back without issues. I've done all these tests on the flats on Minmus.

I also made the Ponderosa's KIS inventory accessible from inside the module.

Edited by Angel-125

Here's something to try:

1. Go to the MiniSlab.cfg file in the Pathfinder/Assets folder.

2. Change the attach rules from attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1 to attachRules = 1,0,1,1,1

3. Delete the node_attach entry.

4. Restart the game, deflate and grab the Ponderosa as well as the Saddle, and put them in your kerbal's inventory.

5. Re-attach the Saddle to the ground. Remember, if you can push the Saddle around, then it is not properly attached to the ground. I find that I have to put the Saddle on the ground, grab it, and then attach it to the ground.

6. Re-mount the Ponderosa to the Saddle.

If you're feeling adventurous, go to the Ponderosa.cfg file and find the ModuleKISInventory entry. Change the internalAccess = false to internalAccess = true.

I'll have these changes in the next update.

For some reason the mini-drill is refusing to attach to the side of my current base. Anyone have ideas on why this is happening?

EDIT: Seeing as the Saddle is getting some tweaks in the next update and it wasn't attaching right for me, I have repacked my base and await the next update to rebuild it.

Edited by mike9606

LOL! I think I missed a decimal point somewhere. Technically the buckboard does hold 1000L of resources, but the closest tank in size is the FL-100, so I'll have to recalibrate the storage capacity accordingly, but give it fewer resources so that it can be carried. Thanks for the report! :) For now you should be able to avoid the kraken by using the KIS concrete slab instead of the Saddle.

Edit: I've done some more testing this morning, trying to figure out the differences between the KIS concrete base and the Saddle. One thing I did was remove the surface attach node from the Saddle- the KIS base doesn't have it. Thus far, no explosions when dropping the Saddle onto the ground, bolting it into the ground, and reloading the game. I've also repeatedly switched from the space center to the Ponderosa and back without issues. I've done all these tests on the flats on Minmus.

I also made the Ponderosa's KIS inventory accessible from inside the module.

Here's something to try:

1. Go to the MiniSlab.cfg file in the Pathfinder/Assets folder.

2. Change the attach rules from attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1 to attachRules = 1,0,1,1,1

3. Delete the node_attach entry.

4. Restart the game, deflate and grab the Ponderosa as well as the Saddle, and put them in your kerbal's inventory.

5. Re-attach the Saddle to the ground. Remember, if you can push the Saddle around, then it is not properly attached to the ground. I find that I have to put the Saddle on the ground, grab it, and then attach it to the ground.

6. Re-mount the Ponderosa to the Saddle.

If you're feeling adventurous, go to the Ponderosa.cfg file and find the ModuleKISInventory entry. Change the internalAccess = false to internalAccess = true.

I'll have these changes in the next update.

Cool. I'll go take a look around and see what I can find...

New release available

0.1.3: Dead Or Alive

NOTE: Please pack up your base before applying this patch.

- Adjusted the Buckboard storage capacity to something more reasonable and carryable.

- Removed attach_node from the Saddle; I think that's causing the Kraken to take notice.

- You can now access the Ponderosa's inventory from inside the module as well as during EVA.

Side Note: I'll be working on a CKAN install today, once I figure out how to use CKAN.

New release available

0.1.3: Dead Or Alive

NOTE: Please pack up your base before applying this patch.

- Adjusted the Buckboard storage capacity to something more reasonable and carryable.

- Removed attach_node from the Saddle; I think that's causing the Kraken to take notice.

- You can now access the Ponderosa's inventory from inside the module as well as during EVA.

Side Note: I'll be working on a CKAN install today, once I figure out how to use CKAN.

*does happy dance and promptly DLs*