[DEVTHREAD]Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Please let me know if this update helps with the Kraken. I did a lot of testing and could not get the base to jump (as long as I properly bolted the Saddle to the ground so that it would not move), and repeated switching between space center and the base had no issues.

Meanwhile, by request, Pathfinder is now up on KerbalStuff/CKAN!

Does this work?

http://i.imgur.com/12P3PDD.png

Ignore the reactor, as that's Near Future stuff... The glowing domes are what you seek.

Very cool, love the setup. I agree that I need more pictures. If people would like to create scenes with Pathfinder, I'll be happy to post them on the front page, as I'm a bit pressed for time at the moment.

I spent time today thinking about the Pathfinder Geology Lab, and its expanded functionality. Once I get that done and some of the other core functionality, I'll be focusing on other parts in the first page's list, like the Moonshine monopropellant generator. That said, I did rework the model for the Mineshaft Portable Crew Tube today:

NLrizgo.jpg

Very cool, love the setup. I agree that I need more pictures. If people would like to create scenes with Pathfinder, I'll be happy to post them on the front page, as I'm a bit pressed for time at the moment.

Deal. I'll get you some pics by tomorrow evening, Pacific time.

You made my dream come true! I always wanted parts for building such bases and camps. Now I have even KAS/KIS friendly ones! Say, will you make custom IVAs for the crewed parts?

Absolutely. That is on my list of things to do. For now there are stock placeholders so that KIS works properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Deal. I'll get you some pics by tomorrow evening, Pacific time.

Outstanding, thank you :)

Please let me know if this update helps with the Kraken. I did a lot of testing and could not get the base to jump (as long as I properly bolted the Saddle to the ground so that it would not move), and repeated switching between space center and the base had no issues.

Meanwhile, by request, Pathfinder is now up on KerbalStuff/CKAN!

It's on Kerbalstuff, but not yet in CKAN. I just checked the NetKAN repo, I don't see a file for this there yet.

Looks like a really nice mod, I'll be checking it out soon.

LGG

It's on Kerbalstuff, but not yet in CKAN. I just checked the NetKAN repo, I don't see a file for this there yet.

Looks like a really nice mod, I'll be checking it out soon.

LGG

Thanks. :) I think there's something else I need to do to get the mod onto CKAN, other than check the checkbox on KerbalStuff, but I don't know what. I'm on the CKAN forum to find out the next steps.

Thanks. :) I think there's something else I need to do to get the mod onto CKAN, other than check the checkbox on KerbalStuff, but I don't know what. I'm on the CKAN forum to find out the next steps.

Well, I've found that that little checkbox doesn't work all the time.

One issue is your license: CC-BY-NC SA 4.0

Try changing it to CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I downloaded your mod, and was a bit confused by what was in there.

I assume that the directory WildBlueIndustries is the mod itself, but what about the CommunityResourcePack directory? Are these files already in the CRP?

Edit: Oh, I see. You just included it so to make it easy to download.

This makes the netcan file pretty easy, let me know if you want some help with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

I took the liberty to write this up for you:

{
"spec_version" : "v1.4",
"identifier" : "Pathfinder",
"$kref" : "#/ckan/kerbalstuff/933",
"release_status" : "stable",
"depends" : [
{ "name": "CommunityResourcePack" },
{ "name": "ModuleManager" }
],
"install" : [
{
"find" : "WildBlueIndustries",
"install_to" : "GameData/WildBlueIndustries"
}
]
}

This should work, you will need to add and merge it to the NetKAN repo.

LGG

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Well, I've found that that little checkbox doesn't work all the time.

One issue is your license: CC-BY-NC SA 4.0

Try changing it to CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I downloaded your mod, and was a bit confused by what was in there.

I assume that the directory WildBlueIndustries is the mod itself, but what about the CommunityResourcePack directory? Are these files already in the CRP?

Edit: Oh, I see. You just included it so to make it easy to download.

This makes the netcan file pretty easy, let me know if you want some help with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

I took the liberty to write this up for you:

{
],
{
}
]
}

This should work, you will need to add and merge it to the NetKAN repo.

LGG

Thank you for the tip, I have changed the licensing text. I definitely need help with the netcan text, I don't know what is needed. I'm doing research on it as I type this. Thanks for the help. :)

Oh awesome, thanks for the JSON :)

I can't seem to find any netkan.exe file to verify the .netkan file. Here's what I have:

{

"$vref" : "#/ckan/ksp-avc",

],

{

}

]

}

I can't seem to find any netkan.exe file to verify the .netkan file. Here's what I have:

{

"$vref" : "#/ckan/ksp-avc",

],

{

}

]

}

It's easiest to just add it to NetKAN and watch the update, it only takes a couple of minutes.

Let me know if you'd like me to do that for you.

LGG

It's easiest to just add it to NetKAN and watch the update, it only takes a couple of minutes.

Let me know if you'd like me to do that for you.

LGG

Yes please, that would help. When you do, what do you do? Would I need to clone NetKAN and then add the file? I have to do this for MCM, MOLE, and DSEV as well so I'm curious about the process.

I'll do it now, here are the steps:

1. On Github, clone the NetKAN repository

2. Create a local clone using the git command

3. Add the file to the proper directory (NetKAN/NetKAN)

4. Add it to the repo: git add .

5. Commit it: git commit

6. Push it back to Github: git push

you will need your github userid/password to do this

7. Once done, you need to get onto Github and create a pull request.

I'll do it now, here are the steps:

1. On Github, clone the NetKAN repository

2. Create a local clone using the git command

3. Add the file to the proper directory (NetKAN/NetKAN)

4. Add it to the repo: git add .

5. Commit it: git commit

6. Push it back to Github: git push

you will need your github userid/password to do this

7. Once done, you need to get onto Github and create a pull request.

Awesome, thank you. :) One last question: what do you name the file, .netkan?

Side note: I have the new and improved Mineshaft now working in game:

6mXI8rJ.png

Ok, it's done, I had to make a single line addition:

"x_netkan_license_ok": true,

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome, thank you. :) One last question: what do you name the file, .netkan?

Side note: I have the new and improved Mineshaft now working in game:

http://i.imgur.com/6mXI8rJ.png

Yes. I called the file: Pathfinder.netkan

LGG

Hi,

The Netkan people contacted me. There is a problem with your two mods, in that they have conflicting/duplicated files (the Agencies dir and the WildBlueTools.dll). Because of this, you will need to do the following:

Create a WildBlueIndustriesSA mod, containing the following:

1. Agencies & Flags

2. The WildBlueTools.dll

3. The following files: license.txt, MiniAVC.dll

4. I don't think you need the MiniAVC.xml file in the Pathfinder release, that is written by the miniavc.dll

5. I would suggest putting the WildBlueTools.dll into a directory called Plugins

Once this is done, then:

1. Upload the SA mod to kerbalstuff

2. Upload both updated mods to kerbalstuff (the updated mods will have the Agencies and the other files removed)

3. Either let me know so I can modify the Pathfinder.netkan to add this new mod as a dependency, or you could do it

4. Write a netkan file for the Deep Space Exploration Vessels; this would be essentially be very similar ot the Pathfinder.netkan

I'd also suggest moving the following files from the Deep Space Exploration Vessels into the Plugins directory:

Cooldown.dll

DSEVUtils.dll

Overall, since you are putting multiple mods in a single master directory (WildBlueIndustries), it would be best if the WildBlueIndustries directory only contain other directories. This way each mod would be mostly self-contained.

Let me know if you want any help. I'm going to be available on and off most of the day/week, so send me a PM if you want help or have questions

LGG

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hi,

The Netkan people contacted me. There is a problem with your two mods, in that they have conflicting/duplicated files (the Agencies dir and the WildBlueTools.dll). Because of this, you will need to do the following:

Create a WildBlueIndustriesSA mod, containing the following:

1. Agencies & Flags

2. The WildBlueTools.dll

3. The following files: license.txt, MiniAVC.dll

4. I don't think you need the MiniAVC.xml file in the Pathfinder release, that is written by the miniavc.dll

5. I would suggest putting the WildBlueTools.dll into a directory called Plugins

Once this is done, then:

1. Upload the SA mod to kerbalstuff

2. Upload both updated mods to kerbalstuff (the updated mods will have the Agencies and the other files removed)

3. Either let me know so I can modify the Pathfinder.netkan to add this new mod as a dependency, or you could do it

4. Write a netkan file for the Deep Space Exploration Vessels; this would be essentially be very similar ot the Pathfinder.netkan

I'd also suggest moving the following files from the Deep Space Exploration Vessels into the Plugins directory:

Cooldown.dll

DSEVUtils.dll

Overall, since you are putting multiple mods in a single master directory (WildBlueIndustries), it would be best if the WildBlueIndustries directory only contain other directories. This way each mod would be mostly self-contained.

Let me know if you want any help. I'm going to be available on and off most of the day/week, so send me a PM if you want help or have questions

LGG

I appreciate the report, thank you. I will reorganize the install folders and give it another try. Your expertise with CKAN is invaluable. :)

I've taken the liberty to set up 3 different zip files. While I think these are correct, you need to test them yourself.

DeepSpaceExplorationVessels

Pathfinder

WildBlueIndustriesSA

I saw you had a png file there in the Squad folder, I'm not sure what it is, and I'm not sure if you need to put it in that directory, I'd suggest you see if you can put it somewhere else.

Hope this helps

LGG

I've taken the liberty to set up 3 different zip files. While I think these are correct, you need to test them yourself.

DeepSpaceExplorationVessels

Pathfinder

WildBlueIndustriesSA

I saw you had a png file there in the Squad folder, I'm not sure what it is, and I'm not sure if you need to put it in that directory, I'd suggest you see if you can put it somewhere else.

Hope this helps

LGG

cool, thanks. I will take a look when I get home. The icon in the Squad folder is required for the tech tree addition in DSEV. I don't know if custom tech tree icons can be placed elsewhere.

I don't know if custom tech tree icons can be placed elsewhere.

You should be able to put them somewhere else, you just have to trick KSP into thinking that it's in the correct location: https://github.com/DMagic1/Orbital-Science/blob/master/Source/DMConfigLoader.cs#L316-L327

At least that's how it works with the waypoint icons, I'm pretty sure that tech tree icons should work the same way, just change the path location to fit.