[DEVTHREAD]Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

Amazing Mod, I love the factory addition, with that said i discovered a bit of a bug (or limitation of the game) with the Chuckwagon warehouses, where I has filled the warehouse with EPL Metal, entirely full, so a huge weight should've stuck it to the ground, instead the weight was focused at the connection point as if it were uninflated (which is off the ground) and thus ripped itself apart trying to stand on end. Idk if that can be fixed and i'll see if it happens again when i reload and get you pictures.

UPDATE: So I reloaded and it just wobbled but didn't break, now I've transferred around some resources and attached a couple more warehouses and now things seem to have balanced out enough to prevent breaking

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately the joint strength is set by KIS and I don't know how to change that. Glad you found a workaround though.

Meanwhile, get the latest here!

0.7.7: The Last of the Mohicans - Top of The World

Another bug fix, this release fixes a couple of issues with lights and mesh switching and animation that occurred when you reverted back to launch. It also fixes an issue where you'd lose your Snacks when switching templates- if you have the Snacks mod installed. It also adds a new template to the Hacienda.

Templates

- Added the Brew Works ISRU Refinery to the Hacienda. Like the stock ISRU part, the Brew Works converts Ore into LFO, LiquidFuel, Oxidizer, and MonoPropellant. It also can refine Xenon.

Bug Fixes

- Fixed an issue in WBIAnimation and WBILight that would lose their settings when you reverted to launch.

- Fixed an issue where, if you have Snacks! installed and you reconfigure your modules, the modules would lose their Snacks. Kerbals should be happier now.

I'm also happy to present another preview of the Buffalo Modular Space Exploration Vehicle (MSEV). There's more work to do, but it's progressing nicely:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Help... So I'm having an issue with the bucketboard and ponderossa right now. I landed a small lander with each of these types on the mun, I also have a SC-62 container (KIS). No matter what I do, if I detach the bucketboard or ponderossa, they explode. If I hold G and drag to my kerbals inventory, the icon shows up in the inventory, but the explosion animation and sound play. Then if I try to mount it to a muncrete , it goes and immediately disappears.

However the SC-62 container works as expected, I can detach, carry, mount, detach, carry, re-mount to different muncrete blocks as well as the KIS mount.

EDIT: more info - I did a fresh re-install of KSP, used CKAN to load the required mods. Right now I have a shorter list of mods than I normally would... Basically, KIS, KAS, Pathfinder, MechJeb, SteamGauges, Toolbar, SpaceY, AIES and KJR (joint re-enforcement)...

Any ideas? the F3 menu shows "Bill Kerman crashed into the mun" when these modules explode.

Edit 2 : I want that Buffalo MSEV sooooo badly right now! It's Perfection!

Edit 3 : Looking at my gamedata folder and noticed some oddities... I'm thinking I've been bitten by CKAN once again... I've decided to do another fresh install, this time I'm going to install mods by hand.

Edited by rottielover

If you can't tell I really enjoy your mod. "Space Camping" is a really really handy thing to be able to do. The science lab extension you added is perfect.

May I make another request and ask that the Hacienda's new ISRU functionality also include LH2 & Ox in the proportions added to the other ISRU parts by Nertea's Cryoengines? Or if it's not too difficult a way to add/remove ISRU functionality via the CFG file? (Whatever is easiest for you, if you choose it's something you want to do at all)

possible bug report too: when a base building contract is accepted, the conditions of the base construction are fulfilled even when the pieces are stowed. Not that it probably really matters as the point of bringing those parts would be building the base to fulfill the contract. No idea how to prevent this.

Help... So I'm having an issue with the bucketboard and ponderossa right now. I landed a small lander with each of these types on the mun, I also have a SC-62 container (KIS). No matter what I do, if I detach the bucketboard or ponderossa, they explode. If I hold G and drag to my kerbals inventory, the icon shows up in the inventory, but the explosion animation and sound play. Then if I try to mount it to a muncrete , it goes and immediately disappears.

However the SC-62 container works as expected, I can detach, carry, mount, detach, carry, re-mount to different muncrete blocks as well as the KIS mount.

EDIT: more info - I did a fresh re-install of KSP, used CKAN to load the required mods. Right now I have a shorter list of mods than I normally would... Basically, KIS, KAS, Pathfinder, MechJeb, SteamGauges, Toolbar, SpaceY, AIES and KJR (joint re-enforcement)...

Any ideas? the F3 menu shows "Bill Kerman crashed into the mun" when these modules explode.

Edit 2 : I want that Buffalo MSEV sooooo badly right now! It's Perfection!

Edit 3 : Looking at my gamedata folder and noticed some oddities... I'm thinking I've been bitten by CKAN once again... I've decided to do another fresh install, this time I'm going to install mods by hand.

Are you having issues with the very latest version? Did you try downloading from Github instead of CKAN? If not, please try using 0.7.7 from Github.

If you can't tell I really enjoy your mod. "Space Camping" is a really really handy thing to be able to do. The science lab extension you added is perfect.

May I make another request and ask that the Hacienda's new ISRU functionality also include LH2 & Ox in the proportions added to the other ISRU parts by Nertea's Cryoengines? Or if it's not too difficult a way to add/remove ISRU functionality via the CFG file? (Whatever is easiest for you, if you choose it's something you want to do at all)

possible bug report too: when a base building contract is accepted, the conditions of the base construction are fulfilled even when the pieces are stowed. Not that it probably really matters as the point of bringing those parts would be building the base to fulfill the contract. No idea how to prevent this.

Glad you like the mod, thanks for the feedback. :) I will take a look at Cryoengines and see what's done. What I could do is add an MM patch that would add them. Currently, the Watney Chemistry Lab has the ability to split water into LqdHydrogen and Oxygen, so it might be close to what you're looking for. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Not sure what to do about the contracts. Contracts are out of my expertise right now...

Version straight from github is working OK now. Venting a little here, this is my last straw for CKAN, man it was nice idea and it seems handy to keep your mods updated and organized, but the execution is just off. You end up with these strange weird problems like this, and it's impossible to trace it back.

Had an interesting bug with the Fireworks-configured Hacienda last night... fired up the EPL UI, renamed the module, then set up a survey stake... and the UI wouldn't work after that. I'll see if it sticks around with 0.7.7...

hm, can't reproduce that one, make sure you get the latest from GitHub. Thanks for the report though. :)

Must be doing something wrong, is there a green house or something to do food, just found snacks (only like TAC LS)

You can convert a Chuckwagon into a greenhouse if you have a Scientist. With Snacks, you can also grind out Snacks in the Doc Commercial Science Lab, just like you can with Snacks! but it is more expensive.

folks I am finding more and more people are having problems with CKAN and am considering discontinuing support for it. It seems that CKAN does not always download all the files in the latest update. Not sure what to do but it is causing me support issues.

folks I am finding more and more people are having problems with CKAN and am considering discontinuing support for it. It seems that CKAN does not always download all the files in the latest update. Not sure what to do but it is causing me support issues.

Not sure about discontinue, but maybe say something to the dev team. I know Feram did...

Got another part done, this is the last of my "must have" items. The Buffalo now has a trailer hitch. The trailer hitch has an integrated retractable ladder and a pair of standard KAS pipe ports. Just need to do some specular mapping and it's ready to go. :)

HD0Ggk4.png

And here's a family photo. That's the old man in the foreground...

kR0sf3d.png

And one more image showing the trailer hooked up:

UDzCBkO.png

Edited by Angel-125

Got another part done, this is the last of my "must have" items. The Buffalo now has a trailer hitch. The trailer hitch has an integrated retractable ladder and a pair of standard KAS pipe ports. Just need to do some specular mapping and it's ready to go. :)

http://i.imgur.com/HD0Ggk4.png

And here's a family photo. That's the old man in the foreground...

http://i.imgur.com/kR0sf3d.png

And one more image showing the trailer hooked up:

http://i.imgur.com/UDzCBkO.png

So, it's a docking port of sorts, or is it an electromagnet?

So, it's a docking port of sorts, or is it an electromagnet?

Great question. It is a specialized docking port that only docks with other trailer hitches. But you also get a ladder and pipe connectors. A magnet of sorts would be pretty cool though, I'll add that to my list. :)

I tried reading through as many pages as I could to see if this has been asked and answered, with 42 pages, I think I'll just mention this. Whether I use a concrete slab or not, any time I deploy my base, it eventually all explodes. If I switch to the Space Center or other out of range vessel, and return, parts go poof. If I time warp parts go poof. The only time I get no splodeys is even I never leave the area or time warp in any way. Not exactly a fun way to play...

A shame too because the concept is really awesome and a blast to play with.

I tried reading through as many pages as I could to see if this has been asked and answered, with 42 pages, I think I'll just mention this. Whether I use a concrete slab or not, any time I deploy my base, it eventually all explodes. If I switch to the Space Center or other out of range vessel, and return, parts go poof. If I time warp parts go poof. The only time I get no splodeys is even I never leave the area or time warp in any way. Not exactly a fun way to play...

A shame too because the concept is really awesome and a blast to play with.

Make sure to do a fresh install from GitHub. If you use CKAN to install the mod, it appears that CKAN corrupts the install. Also, make sure to properly bolt the Saddle to the ground. If you can move the Saddle then it's not properly bolted. Also, be sure to set up your base on even terrain. A hillside is ok, just make sure you don't have a bunch of variations in the terrain.

Quick question, i installed 2 mods today and i know it's not the other one, so....

That interface that forced me to revisit every lab i had in my savegame, is it from this pack ?

What do you mean by "forced me to revisit every lab?" The only thing that Pathfinder does is add the commercial science lab to all lab parts that have a ModuleScienceConverter. If you don't want that to happen, simply rename MM_CommercialScienceLab.cfg to MM_CommercialScienceLab.txt and restart the game.

What do you mean by "forced me to revisit every lab?" The only thing that Pathfinder does is add the commercial science lab to all lab parts that have a ModuleScienceConverter. If you don't want that to happen, simply rename MM_CommercialScienceLab.cfg to MM_CommercialScienceLab.txt and restart the game.

I tacked PathFinder to my older save, visited my labs first before trying your (awesome) stuff and none were researching. When i wrote this i didn'T know it was your GUI. Didn't take long to fix it at all. The mod makes sense now.

So basically, i asked questions too quickly.

Make sure to do a fresh install from GitHub. If you use CKAN to install the mod, it appears that CKAN corrupts the install. Also, make sure to properly bolt the Saddle to the ground. If you can move the Saddle then it's not properly bolted. Also, be sure to set up your base on even terrain. A hillside is ok, just make sure you don't have a bunch of variations in the terrain.

Was using CKAN. Shame on CKAN! Lol. Thanks for the quick fix. I shall give it a try.

Hey Angel-125, I've got a bug for you. When adding an "Advanced Onion" pod (from HGR) in the editor, your WBIScienceConverter module chokes on the pod's lack of a science lab (it doesn't have a ModuleScienceLab in its config -- I'm going to ask Orionkermin if that's intentional, but for the time being, it's just not there):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at WildBlueIndustries.WBIScienceConverter.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This problem causes downstream issues with other mods. For example, when I right-click on it, KIS's inventory labels turn out weird, and when I middle-click on it, Kerbal Engineer doesn't provide any information.

Since the science lab is a pretty important part of the converter module's functionality, and it clearly cannot just be assumed to exist, I suggest modifying the patch to check for that as well (i.e. @PART

[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceConverter],@MODULE[ModuleScienceLab]], as I've done on my installs)

Hey Angel-125, I've got a bug for you. When adding an "Advanced Onion" pod (from HGR) in the editor, your WBIScienceConverter module chokes on the pod's lack of a science lab (it doesn't have a ModuleScienceLab in its config -- I'm going to ask Orionkermin if that's intentional, but for the time being, it's just not there):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at WildBlueIndustries.WBIScienceConverter.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This problem causes downstream issues with other mods. For example, when I right-click on it, KIS's inventory labels turn out weird, and when I middle-click on it, Kerbal Engineer doesn't provide any information.

Since the science lab is a pretty important part of the converter module's functionality, and it clearly cannot just be assumed to exist, I suggest modifying the patch to check for that as well (i.e. @PART

[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceConverter],@MODULE[ModuleScienceLab]], as I've done on my installs)

Great catch! Thanks for pointing that out. :) I will add your fix to this evening's update.

Get the latest here!

0.7.8: The Last of the Mohicans - Fort Battle

Templates

- Added LqdHydrogen/Oxidizer converter to the Watney.

- Added support for Connected Living Spaces.

Bug Fixes

- Fixed an issue where adding the commercial science lab could cause an issue if the part did not have a science lab. Thanks kerbas_ad_astra!

- Fixed an issue where the agency flag wasn't showing up.

And, here's the next preview image of the Buffalo:

oOhuOx7.jpg