[DEVTHREAD]Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

is this compatible with USI-LS and RT? i think i asked this before, but i dont see any configs to have the gaslamp have a RT antenna, and unmanned control parts dont have the RT signal proccesor. and i dont think the prarie greenhouse works with USI-LS, what resources do you need when using USI-LS?

edit: hey i have a problem, when running KSP, with this mod installed, and everything in the wild blue folder included, the game crashes on startup, no error. removing it makes it run, but with it, it doesent run. i dont know why, like, before it used to work great, i even built a colony with it and only problems where NRE spam when carrying items via kerbal, but those went away when i stopped, and something else also caused some NRE spam but F5 F9 seemed to fix it. so i just dont know what could cause this horrible problem.

edit#2: seems to be working now,

Edited by 123nick

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are there any instructions for using the T.E.R.R.A.I.N.  scanner?

Good question. I haven't really had the opportunity to use this scanner as much as I'd like to while still trying to get a feel for the hab systems and how'd I like to set up. I did, however, discover that you will need to put research parts on it to operate and quite possibly have it attached to a manned pod so a scientist can do repairs on it if/when it needs it, unless you disabled that part. It basically works just like the multi scanner. Put it at a polar orbit between 25km and whatever distance is the max. If you haven't figured it out by now, it links up with your geology lab on the surface to generate science (I think) and get a better view of the content of the surface around your base of operations or planet wide (I guess). I would probably use this scanner as part of an orbiting polar station for planets you know you are going to stay for a long time. Then again, I could be entirely wrong and will get a 10 lashes in public for my ignorance.  

3 hours ago, lynwoodm said:

Good question. I haven't really had the opportunity to use this scanner as much as I'd like to while still trying to get a feel for the hab systems and how'd I like to set up. I did, however, discover that you will need to put research parts on it to operate and quite possibly have it attached to a manned pod so a scientist can do repairs on it if/when it needs it, unless you disabled that part. It basically works just like the multi scanner. Put it at a polar orbit between 25km and whatever distance is the max. If you haven't figured it out by now, it links up with your geology lab on the surface to generate science (I think) and get a better view of the content of the surface around your base of operations or planet wide (I guess). I would probably use this scanner as part of an orbiting polar station for planets you know you are going to stay for a long time. Then again, I could be entirely wrong and will get a 10 lashes in public for my ignorance.  

No soup for you! Come back. One year. ;)

I am away from my PC, but check out the github for the mod's wiki. It explains how to use the TERRAIN. Basically the terrain sat is equal to stock m700 orbital scanner. After scanning you can use it to generate science via resource monitoring. The geologylab has an uplink that lets you monitor its progress. 

On 12/19/2015 at 4:08 PM, 123nick said:

is this compatible with USI-LS and RT? i think i asked this before, but i dont see any configs to have the gaslamp have a RT antenna, and unmanned control parts dont have the RT signal proccesor. and i dont think the prarie greenhouse works with USI-LS, what resources do you need when using USI-LS?

edit: hey i have a problem, when running KSP, with this mod installed, and everything in the wild blue folder included, the game crashes on startup, no error. removing it makes it run, but with it, it doesent run. i dont know why, like, before it used to work great, i even built a colony with it and only problems where NRE spam when carrying items via kerbal, but those went away when i stopped, and something else also caused some NRE spam but F5 F9 seemed to fix it. so i just dont know what could cause this horrible problem.

edit#2: seems to be working now,

Pathfinder does have configs for USI-LS and Antenna Range, but not RT. If you have a config for RT, please let me know and I'll bundle it with the next release. :)

On 12/23/2015 at 11:21 AM, Angel-125 said:

Pathfinder does have configs for USI-LS and Antenna Range, but not RT. If you have a config for RT, please let me know and I'll bundle it with the next release. :)

i thought someone, maybe even you, posted a temporary RT config somewhere, but im not sure.

1.version of Pathfinder 0.9.5 or 1.0.4 ? just when I came here last time it was written "0.9.5 Pathfinder - Geoscience for better resource" extraction.in in realese page -  0.9.4

2. please increase the distance between the places for the installation of modules for Hacienda.Because when I connected the two modules to the Hacienda they leaned on each other.In the end, these two modules are hung in space. (planet Minmus ) (in picture)
3.how about that MC Х000 Buckboard family, It can be placed on the ground, and they  did not detonate like container from KIS ?

4.for future uptades.What about to make an inflatable garage for buffalo MMSEV with trailer hitch (on garage  side) ? In most cases I use MMSEV like lorry for deliver resources (etc) to the base and each time comes EVA may get tired.

5.combination ALT+P didn't work.I can't  access the setup mode.how i can change Pathfinder Settings ,should be added via the setup button from toolbar mode

6.incompatible with USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (when attach each other).when i attach Inflatable  workshop from USI. to  Hacienda , last fly away and explore.
Edited by zvergk
add

11 hours ago, zvergk said:

it's compatible  with 1.0.5

Really!

Alright, step 2, How do I get this to function in KSP?

I've downloaded this mod twice, put it in the gamedata folder after extracting the mod itself, and it still doesn't work.

Thanks everyone!

15 hours ago, DMSP said:

Really!

Alright, step 2, How do I get this to function in KSP?

I've downloaded this mod twice, put it in the gamedata folder after extracting the mod itself, and it still doesn't work.

Thanks everyone!

download and install last   Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) and Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) by KospY & Winn78 mods because Pathfinder requires them.

latest release of Pathfinder 0.9.5

If the game does not  load mod use KSP Mod manager

7 hours ago, zvergk said:

download and install last   Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) and Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) by KospY & Winn78 mods because Pathfinder requires them.

latest release of Pathfinder 0.9.5

If the game does not  load mod use KSP Mod manager

Yep, I had both KIS and KAS, I'll get Mod Manager because that will probably help with some other mods too.

Thanks @Nightside and @zvergk.

On 12/26/2015 at 10:39 AM, zvergk said:

1.version of Pathfinder 0.9.5 or 1.0.4 ? just when I came here last time it was written "0.9.5 Pathfinder - Geoscience for better resource" extraction.in in realese page -  0.9.4

2. please increase the distance between the places for the installation of modules for Hacienda.Because when I connected the two modules to the Hacienda they leaned on each other.In the end, these two modules are hung in space. (planet Minmus ) (in picture)
  Reveal hidden contents
3.how about that MC Х000 Buckboard family, It can be placed on the ground, and they  did not detonate like container from KIS ?

4.for future uptades.What about to make an inflatable garage for buffalo MMSEV with trailer hitch (on garage  side) ? In most cases I use MMSEV like lorry for deliver resources (etc) to the base and each time comes EVA may get tired.

5.combination ALT+P didn't work.I can't  access the setup mode.how i can change Pathfinder Settings ,should be added via the setup button from toolbar mode

6.incompatible with USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (when attach each other).when i attach Inflatable  workshop from USI. to  Hacienda , last fly away and explore.

1. Latest version is 0.9.5 indeed. I'm working on 0.9.6...

2. The side ports on the Hacienda aren't designed to hold other Haciendas, actually. You can put two Casas/Doc/Chuckwagons there though.

3. The difference between the Buckboards and the KIS containers is that the Buckboards can be radially attached. For some reason, radially attached parts explode when dropped onto the ground. Thus far I haven't figured out why.

4. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll consider it. :)

5. I'll think about adding a toolbar button. My toolbar gets cluttered and I have no idea how to cycle through the buttons though... Alt P should work, it's keyed to your Modifier key (Alt on Windows).

6. I haven't heard of that, but then again, I didn't design Pathfinder to be compatible with MKS/OKS to begin with. Pathfinder is its own thing. :)

@Nightside@zvergk Thanks for the assist! :)

15 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

1. Latest version is 0.9.5 indeed. I'm working on 0.9.6...

2. The side ports on the Hacienda aren't designed to hold other Haciendas, actually. You can put two Casas/Doc/Chuckwagons there though.

3. The difference between the Buckboards and the KIS containers is that the Buckboards can be radially attached. For some reason, radially attached parts explode when dropped onto the ground. Thus far I haven't figured out why.

4. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll consider it. :)

5. I'll think about adding a toolbar button. My toolbar gets cluttered and I have no idea how to cycle through the buttons though... Alt P should work, it's keyed to your Modifier key (Alt on Windows).

6. I haven't heard of that, but then again, I didn't design Pathfinder to be compatible with MKS/OKS to begin with. Pathfinder is its own thing. :)

@Nightside@zvergk Thanks for the assist! :)

Thanks.About point 5.Alt + P work, but as it turned out only outside VAB/SPH mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me, or does this module, and maybe some of the USI stuff, seem like the beginning of Sid Meier's "Civilizations XVIIXV: Kerbals IN SPACE" ?

Because you know.. CIV KSP, a macro game that happens only AFTER you settle a new planet, would be pretty damn amazing :-) 

Great mod!! It brings a few circles closed for me. Sending heavy habitat modules first is difficult, and takes a lot longer to get started. This mod brings the "first steps" capability that we sorely needed. 

It may have been mentioned before, but a hydroponics dome would be really good for this. light ISRU, just enough for supplementary use for very long expeditions, that is compatible with TACLS, USI-LS, Snacks and etc would really make it. You could generate a small amount of offset food, process out some waste water, waste and CO2 and create some oxygen. Not enough for self support, but enough to stretch your supplies a good while. It would be the space equivalent of foraging. :-) 

Essentially:

• Inputs: Water, CO2, Ore, (optional Waste Water and Waste, which would improve the yield multiplier)
  • Outputs: Food, Oxygen, Hydroponic Waste (high salt content sludge)

The Ore Input subs in for NPK in the plant macronutrient cycle. Perhaps also you could have a 'NPK' supply that would work better than Ore which you could bring along for mid length expeditions.

Edited by Dr.LoveJoy

2 hours ago, Dr.LoveJoy said:

Is it just me, or does this module, and maybe some of the USI stuff, seem like the beginning of Sid Meier's "Civilizations XVIIXV: Kerbals IN SPACE" ?

Because you know.. CIV KSP, a macro game that happens only AFTER you settle a new planet, would be pretty damn amazing :-) 

Great mod!! It brings a few circles closed for me. Sending heavy habitat modules first is difficult, and takes a lot longer to get started. This mod brings the "first steps" capability that we sorely needed. 

It may have been mentioned before, but a hydroponics dome would be really good for this. light ISRU, just enough for supplementary use for very long expeditions, that is compatible with TACLS, USI-LS, Snacks and etc would really make it. You could generate a small amount of offset food, process out some waste water, waste and CO2 and create some oxygen. Not enough for self support, but enough to stretch your supplies a good while. It would be the space equivalent of foraging. :-) 

Essentially:

• Inputs: Water, CO2, Ore, (optional Waste Water and Waste, which would improve the yield multiplier)
  • Outputs: Food, Oxygen, Hydroponic Waste (high salt content sludge)

The Ore Input subs in for NPK in the plant macronutrient cycle. Perhaps also you could have a 'NPK' supply that would work better than Ore which you could bring along for mid length expeditions.

Glad you like the mod. :) Actually, Pathfinder does have a greenhouse. Simply right-click on any Chuckwagon and convert it into a greenhouse. You'll lose whatever you have currently stored in the module. The Chuckwagon converts into the Prairie, and it'll take 90 days to grow crops- unless you have a skilled Scientist staffing the module.

And for those not on the release thread:

Get 0.9.7 here

Ponderosa/Casa IVA

• You can now click on a screen to change its image, provided that your scene loaded with a kerbal in the part. See KNOWN ISSUES below.

Buffalo Command Cab

• Added support for TAC-LS

Buffalo Crew Cab

• Added support for TAC-LS

Prairie

• To help with part count at the base, the Prairie now produces enough Snacks/Supplies/Food for 3 kerbals for 90 days.

Bug Fixes

• Updated required Organics in the Prairie to match rebalanced max resource storage amounts.
  • Fixed an issue where the Prairie wouldn't start running the Snacks greenhouse even though it had a full load of required resources.
  • Kerbals won't fall over if trying to strap a Casa/Ponderosa onto their back.
  • Ponderosa/Casa won't explode when attached to another part.
  • Kerbals will now sit properly in the Buffalo ATV Seat.

KNOWN ISSUES

• The monitors in the Ponderosa/Casa will retain their default image if the scene loads without a kerbal in the part. WORKAROUND: Put a kerbal in the part, and reload the scene.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, mellester said:

In orbit I had to dump my kerbals onto a ladder. Then I could inflate the homstead.

That's normal. My suggestion is to not put any kerbals in the module while in the VAB/SPH. I have to figure out how to add the KIS inventory module to a part with no crew capacity. If I can do that then I can fix this issue once and for all.

8 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

That's normal. My suggestion is to not put any kerbals in the module while in the VAB/SPH. I have to figure out how to add the KIS inventory module to a part with no crew capacity. If I can do that then I can fix this issue once and for all.

you mean something like this.

@PART[WBI_*]:HAS[~CrewCapacity[*]]:AFTER[Pathfinder]
{
    @description = does not have crewcapity
}

this works and changes description part except those with crewcapitcy

edit

this is probably a better solution.  

@PART[WBI_*]:HAS[~CrewCapacity[>0]]
	{
	    @description = does not have crewcapity
	}
Edited by mellester
better solustion

Not exactly. Right now, deflated parts have a crew capacity so that KIS knows to add a ModuleKISInventory to the part. But the problem is that by claiming to have crew capacity when deflated, you have the opportunity to stuff kerbals inside. And the module code I made doesn't like that situation. So what I want to do is, if possible, manually add the KISModuleInventory to the part that KIS adds automagically. I think that if I do that then I can specify a 0-crew capacity for the VAB/SPH. That will take some research though.