[DEVTHREAD]Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

I cant inflate the Ponderosas from EVA anymore. Even if I turn off the rocket part requirement. This means I have to connect the Ponderosas to another command nod before inflating it. As you can´t enter the module before it is inflated. Same problem when you want to deflate it. It becomes a moment 22 which is kind of annoying.

Mayby you could use the manage operation with a option to active the module in current config and this is what consume rocket parts and inflate/deflate is free.

Hm. I'll double check that. You are supposed to be able to inflate the Ponderosa while on EVA. Thanks for the report, I'll figure out what is going on and fix it.

I can't access the settings window; this is probably due to Linux's handling of the ALT key. Could you make the keys user configurable? Thanks!

Great suggestion! Not entirely sure how to go about that but I can look into it. Maybe I can tao into the game's action key...

Hm. I'll double check that. You are supposed to be able to inflate the Ponderosa while on EVA. Thanks for the report, I'll figure out what is going on and fix it.

Update: It is possible to switch vessel to the Ponderosa unit and then inflate it. But it still take some time to do, especilly if you have a messy build site. For some reason my Kerbals are sloppy and drops alot of stuff on the ground :)

Update: It is possible to switch vessel to the Ponderosa unit and then inflate it. But it still take some time to do, especilly if you have a messy build site. For some reason my Kerbals are sloppy and drops alot of stuff on the ground :)

Good to know, thank you. :) great workaround until I can fix the issue.

small bug:

can't perform a core sample without a surface scan first.

Thanks for the feedback. hm, I'll have to think about when you can do core sample analysis. Surface scans are late in the game, but we do have a geology lab... Ok, I'll think about how to address that issue. :)

Awe i don't see Pathfinder on CKAN, should i be able to or is it still being worked on?

I haven't got it on CKAN yet. I've restructured the directories for DSEV and Pathfinder, and created a WildBlueTools mod, but I don't have the .netkan files built yet. I'm trying to get the bugs fixed first while getting my dev/art pc running again. No data loss like I mentioned, but rebuilding the PC's hard disk image is a pain...

small bug:

can't perform a core sample without a surface scan first.

Ok I think I know how to resolve this and make it fun. You'll be able to unlock a biome earlier in the tech tree. I see the stock narrow band scanner as advanced technology...

Ok I think I know how to resolve this and make it fun. You'll be able to unlock a biome earlier in the tech tree. I see the stock narrow band scanner as advanced technology...

The surface scan module is a tier 7 tech, Science Tech, the Gold Digger Portable is a tier 5 tech. I think a Core sample is one stepp up form surface sample.

I am enjoying this mod immensely, thanks

The surface scan module is a tier 7 tech, Science Tech, the Gold Digger Portable is a tier 5 tech. I think a Core sample is one stepp up form surface sample.

I am enjoying this mod immensely, thanks

Glad you like the mod. :) I agree, core samples aren't much different then taking a surface sample. Without revealing too much, the Geology Lab will do what the surface scanner does. Mostly.

I cant inflate the Ponderosas from EVA anymore. Even if I turn off the rocket part requirement. This means I have to connect the Ponderosas to another command nod before inflating it. As you can´t enter the module before it is inflated. Same problem when you want to deflate it. It becomes a moment 22 which is kind of annoying.

Mayby you could use the manage operation with a option to active the module in current config and this is what consume rocket parts and inflate/deflate is free.

Interestingly enough, I cannot reproduce this. I downloaded the latest Pathfinder, installed it (my tablet is really slow for KSP), and had no issues. What operating system are you using? I do all my dev work on Windows.

Meanwhile, I've added a new tooltip to remind you that you can turn off the RocketParts requirement, and I'm looking into to how to detect when the modifier key has been pressed. So far no luck. The next update may take a bit while I rebuild my dev/art pc, do some work on the Geology Lab, and create a new part.

Interestingly enough, I cannot reproduce this. I downloaded the latest Pathfinder, installed it (my tablet is really slow for KSP), and had no issues. What operating system are you using? I do all my dev work on Windows.

Meanwhile, I've added a new tooltip to remind you that you can turn off the RocketParts requirement, and I'm looking into to how to detect when the modifier key has been pressed. So far no luck. The next update may take a bit while I rebuild my dev/art pc, do some work on the Geology Lab, and create a new part.

Win7, might be a another mod interference. Strange, I think I have the latest build, will redownload to make sure. Thanks for taking a look

Can I also request a battery variant of the Buckboard? I can also see the use of a fuel-cell and a mini ISRU unit but those could benefit from another model, I do think of a open frame box variant of the kis container with some tanks and piping inside. Like a portable generator http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81CO-qEGsxL._SL1500_.jpg

Update: I tried a fresh KSP install with only pathfinder,KIS and KAS and nope, no joy with the EVA inflate.

Edited by Prime flux

Win7, might be a another mod interference. Strange, I think I have the latest build, will redownload to make sure. Thanks for taking a look

Can I also request a battery variant of the Buckboard? I can also see the use of a fuel-cell and a mini ISRU unit but those could benefit from another model, I do think of a open frame box variant of the kis container with some tanks and piping inside. Like a portable generator http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81CO-qEGsxL._SL1500_.jpg

Update: I tried a fresh KSP install with only pathfinder,KIS and KAS and nope, no joy with the EVA inflate.

I definitely have a portable generator planned. I could build a battery variant for the buckboard, thanks for the idea. The PrimeFlux battery pack has a nice ring to it... :)

Not sure why you cannot inflate the pathfinder. Can you send your logs?

Edited by Angel-125

So with EPL installed the modules consume rocket parts to inflate. My question / possible suggestion, if it's possible I think the modules should really give you the first inflate (either without the RP cost or by having enough internal storage of that resource to do the first inflate.

As it stands I used the KAS winch and port to get the modules to inflate so that I could come back and connect them up with the tubes later, which is fine if that's what's intended, but seems a bit , "hookay" in a way. Just seems like if you're going to have an inflatable tent in a box, it should come with the poles and stakes in the box. ?

I'm still kinda mulling this over in my head myself, so interested in thoughts.

Edited by rottielover

So with EPL installed the modules consume rocket parts to inflate. My question / possible suggestion, if it's possible I think the modules should really give you the first inflate (either without the RP cost or by having enough internal storage of that resource to do the first inflate.

As it stands I used the KAS winch and port to get the modules to inflate so that I could come back and connect them up with the tubes later, which is fine if that's what's intended, but seems a bit , "hookay" in a way. Just seems like if you're going to have an inflatable tent in a box, it should come with the poles and stakes in the box. ?

I'm still kinda mulling this over in my head myself, so interested in thoughts.

Thanks for the feedback. :) You actually should be able to inflate the Ponderosa without any external support. Just bolt the Saddle to the ground, mount the Ponderosa, and inflate the space tent while on EVA. Be sure to drop the Saddle on the ground first before picking it up and bolting it to the ground, or it won't stick and your base will jump upon loading. Apparently there's a bug that doesn't let you do that while on EVA, but I need logs to see what's going on since I have no issues.

For the RocketParts requirement, you can always hit Alt P (modifier key and P simultaneously in the next version, which defaults to Alt on Windows) to bring up the settings window and turn off the requirement. That said, with the Ponderosa, you're not just setting up the tent poles and stakes. For the Geology Lab, for instance, you're installing a desk, chairs, microscope, lights, seismometer, etc. Think of going camping. When you assemble your tent, to make it comfy inside, you need a sleeping bag, ground mat, a lantern, a duffel with your clothes in it, snacks, and so on. All those extra bits are represented by the RocketParts.

Edited by Angel-125

Thanks for the feedback. :) You actually should be able to inflate the Ponderosa without any external support. Just bolt the Saddle to the ground, mount the Ponderosa, and inflate the space tent while on EVA. Be sure to drop the Saddle on the ground first before picking it up and bolting it to the ground, or it won't stick and your base will jump upon loading. Apparently there's a bug that doesn't let you do that while on EVA, but I need logs to see what's going on since I have no issues.

For the RocketParts requirement, you can always hit Alt P (modifier key and P simultaneously in the next version, which defaults to Alt on Windows) to bring up the settings window and turn off the requirement. That said, with the Ponderosa, you're not just setting up the tent poles and stakes. For the Geology Lab, for instance, you're installing a desk, chairs, microscope, lights, seismometer, etc. Think of going camping. When you assemble your tent, to make it comfy inside, you need a sleeping bag, ground mat, a lantern, a duffel with your clothes in it, snacks, and so on. All those extra bits are represented by the RocketParts.

Yea, point taken...

Give me a few min to go figure out how to make Spoiler tags work, I took a bunch of screenshots of my polar expedition, I think a few are worthy of sharing...

- - - Updated - - -

Rottie's Southern Polar camping trip:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Screenshots aren't in order yet, and I forgot to strut the wings so they bowed up under 4x time accel... but I made it.

Some more showcase pics. free to use at your discretion :D

http://oi59.tinypic.com/m8od4h.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/x1dssx.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2e1a9mo.jpg

Also: Is it possible to get a research lab variant of Ponderosa?

Thanks for the use of your pics, I'll add them to the showcase. :) I do have plans for a research lab, But I have a few other things to take care of first. I'm in the process of creating a new part that I hope will be done soon.