[1.2.2] Phoenix Industries Cargo Resupply System (KIS/MechJeb Compatible) v2.2

-ctn-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

howdy, hate to bug, but was wondering if this works with 1.1.3
i tried looking through the past couple pages but didn't see anything. i know i can install and test to see but would rather try and find out before i do that.

thanks~!

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in and say I haven't forgotten about these mods.

As far as I know, the current version works fine in 1.1.3.

For the new update, I'm going to try to balance the parameters of the parts and do texture tweaks. I'm going to scrap the new model for now - as evidenced, I just don't have the time anymore to get that working. I may pick it up again in the future.

Stay tuned. 

Edited by -ctn-

On 20/09/2016 at 0:46 AM, -ctn- said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in and say I haven't forgotten about these mods.

As far as I know, the current version works fine in 1.1.3.

For the new update, I'm going to try to balance the parameters of the parts and do texture tweaks. I'm going to scrap the new model for now - as evidenced, I just don't have the time anymore to get that working. I may pick it up again in the future.

Stay tuned. 

Nice to know you're doing good :)

Edited by BananaTime101
vocab :)

22 hours ago, BananaTime101 said:

Nice to know you'r doing good :)

Thanks! I am doing good, just busy. Work full time, going to school again now, and also helping to manage a space-related PodCast and small video series.

I have some new things for this update that I'm working on, but I don't want to share just yet. Stay tuned!

11 minutes ago, -ctn- said:

Thanks! I am doing good, just busy. Work full time, going to school again now, and also helping to manage a space-related PodCast and small video series.

I have some new things for this update that I'm working on, but I don't want to share just yet. Stay tuned!

You can't just say that without linking us!!! :)

Coming soon...

KttSVQn.jpg

Three new parts. This will be a save-breaking update so make backups. The 1.25m Phoenix/Dragon will be no more. Instead, you'll have these.
1.25m - Cygnus style KIS container with monoprop, electric charge, and RCS.
2.5m - The current Phoenix/Dragon capsule + all its parts, and the new HTV style KIS container with integrated solar panels, monoprop, electric charge, and RCS.
3.75m - ATV style KIS container with a lot of monoprop, electric charge, RCS, and high-level probe core with MechJeb enabled.

Still balancing the parts, but they all work in-game so expect them soon.

1 hour ago, BananaTime101 said:

*drools* I'm extremely excited for this :D

Do you think you could add an adaptor for the Phoenix Capsule like to the right of this picture? Thanks. P.S. Sorry for the big picturre

Shhh... that's coming, too. 

:)

I'm quite excited. I felt bad because there were a lot of people looking forward to the new models for the original CRS stuff, but I just got burnt out on it. 

I decided to add to the mod and make parts that I also needed a use for, so hopefully others will too. Now that I think I have solar panels figured out, I'm going to make a set specifically for the Cygnus part and for the ATV part as well. 

Okay, I finally got the solar panels for the ATV craft to work. Turns out solar panels that track the sun are a giant pain in the cheeks. 

I was going to try to make a set specific for the Cygnus but I may just say forget it, and use stock panels. 

Anyway, all that's left is a Trunk-to-2.5 adapter and this will be ready to update. 

1 minute ago, mark7 said:

Will u please add an aerodynamic shield for the dragon?I think it wont be a lot of troubles to model one and texture it, but it will make the dragon looks EVEN BETTER!

Like a nose cone? Stock one works just fine. 

17 minutes ago, Delta_8930 said:

Will HTV include the service module (a small propellant tank that you mount below the cargo module with four small MP engines)?

I decided not to, to keep the parts added  low. I get annoyed with mods that flood your inventory. What I've been doing is using an RCS tank and one of the flat disc probe cores. I would recommend RLA stockalike - they have some excellent monopropellant engines. 

20 minutes ago, mark7 said:

Sure it did, but seriously, it didnt fit prefectly.

Acturally I intend to model one myself, but I dont know how to texture it…………yet.

Don't forget there are precision tools in the VAB editor since 1.0 that allow you to position and rotate a part more. 

For instance, the Phoenix capsule with a docking port on top - and the stock nose cone on top of that - leaves a small gap between the top of the Phoenix capsule and the bottom of the nose cone. Use the position tool in the VAB editor to bring the nosecone down slightly and make it look right. 

I do the same thing with radial parachutes on the capsule - to "hide" them beneath the surface of the capsule mesh. 

Update is up on SpaceDock!

Remember, this is a save-breaking update. Make back-ups and remove previous CRS parts from your ships.

Also, this is tested against KSP 1.2 but KIS and MechJeb have not been updated to 1.2 yet. To enjoy the full functionality of this mod I recommend playing KSP 1.1.3 and using KIS and MechJeb until they have been updated to 1.2.

Hey, some things I noticed about the new update.

If it's rated for 1.2, I think the probe cores are missing the new data transmitter, and none of the RCS use the new RCSFX system, so they look a little outdated. Another thing I noticed is that RCS blocks on Cygnus' right side is an awkward see-through, So maybe you accidentally deleted the face when modeling it. I'll fetch a screenshot of what I'm talking about in a second. If you don't know what to do about the 1.2 changed(RCS, Data Transmitter) you can PM me and I think I can help with it. :)

Update:

9e02a1e4cb.png

Double Update:

I also neglected to mention the several new categories added in by 1.2, which could also be utilized. :wink:

Edited by VenomousRequiem

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.