[1.2.2] Phoenix Industries Cargo Resupply System (KIS/MechJeb Compatible) v2.2

-ctn-

Argh! I knew I would forget something!

And good catch with the missing face. I've noticed sometimes when I merge objects in Blender, some of the faces reverse direction - which is super annoying. 

And also good catch with the new RCSFX. I'll wait to fix that until 1.2 is officially released though - I don't know if calling that while in KSP1.1.3 would cause issues. 

2 minutes ago, -ctn- said:

Argh! I knew I would forget something!

And good catch with the missing face. I've noticed sometimes when I merge objects in Blender, some of the faces reverse direction - which is super annoying. 

And also good catch with the new RCSFX. I'll wait to fix that until 1.2 is officially released though - I don't know if calling that while in KSP1.1.3 would cause issues. 

Yeah, good call. Once you update RCS to use the new system, and change the probe core 1.1.3 functionality is completely gone. Again, PM me if you want help with 1.2 changes. More importantly, keep up the good work!

I don't know if this is a bug on my end, or if the ATV's solar panels are buggy. Whenever I use them, they angle themselves edge-first towards the sun, just like a radiator would. Pics in the album so you can see what I'm talking about. 

Album link is here!

Edited by FiiZzioN
Forgot how to embed the album, so I'll just link it instead.

26 minutes ago, FiiZzioN said:

I don't know if this is a bug on my end, or if the ATV's solar panels are buggy. Whenever I use them, they angle themselves edge-first towards the sun, just like a radiator would. Pics in the album so you can see what I'm talking about. 

Album link is here!

Oh no! Are you playing in 1.2? I tested it on both 1.2 and 1.1.3 and they were working as expected. I'll take another look later today. 

3 hours ago, -ctn- said:

Oh no! Are you playing in 1.2? I tested it on both 1.2 and 1.1.3 and they were working as expected. I'll take another look later today. 

1.2 build 1654 here and same issue with ATV's PI-SP-3 panels. Take your time and other than this very minor issue your 1.2 updated mods seems to work flawlessly. Thanks for nice updates, i'm enjoying all of them atm!

Edited by Murdox

4 hours ago, -ctn- said:

I was using 1.1.3 when I noticed this. Though, sadly, it seems I'm not the only one encountering it unfortunately :/

As @Murdox said, it's a minor issue, don't feel like you have to rush to fix them. They work just fine, the only thing that's "off" about them is how they position themselves relative to the sun. It's purely a cosmetic issue, not functional!

I do have to mention that waiting for this update was well worth it! The new parts are fantastic; great work!

4 minutes ago, StevieC said:

Any chance of adding a jettisonable nose-cone for the SpaceX Dragon look-alike capsule, that can attach to (and be jettisoned from) a Clamp-o-tron attached to the front of the capsule?

Does everyone hate the stock nose cone that much? Haha I've gotten multiple requests for this part. 

It's not so much a case of "hating" the stock nose-cone as that the stock nose-cone:

1. Can't be staged to jettison like your solar-panel fairings can
  2. Clashes with the design of your Dragon lookalike cargo-capsule
  3. Doesn't fit flush to the capsule when attached to a stock Clamp-o-tron that is in turn attached to the front attachment node of the capsule.

Also, the ATV and HTV parts both seem to lack command-functionality. I wasn't sure if that was intentional or due to an oversight, just wanted to give a heads-up.

37 minutes ago, -ctn- said:

Does everyone hate the stock nose cone that much? Haha I've gotten multiple requests for this part. 

I, too, would like a jettison-able nose cone implemented. @StevieC's points highlight most of the reasons why I want one, but I'd also like one as it would complete the entire Dragon package in both looks and functionality. That is the only part that isn't present that the real Dragon currently uses.

Edited by FiiZzioN

You can use action groups to decouple something attached to a docking port - so you can't stage the nosecone but you can decouple it with actiongroups. The "move" tool in the VAB editor will make it sit flush- 

But, noted, I will make a nosecone that can jettison. 

The HTV is not supposed to have a command part, neither should the Cygnus. But the ATV should, I'll look into that. 

Can you please add nodes to the trunk so attaching solar panels would be easier? When I attach the solar panels they all tend to misalign and the aerodynamic solar panel covers sit a little way from the trunk; they seem like they are floating in midair. 

2 hours ago, Delta_8930 said:

Can you please add nodes to the trunk so attaching solar panels would be easier? When I attach the solar panels they all tend to misalign and the aerodynamic solar panel covers sit a little way from the trunk; they seem like they are floating in midair. 

Seconded. This would make attachment of the solar panels and the solar panel aero shrouds a lot easier.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Is there a chance you can release the layered texture (.PSD) for the Phoenix Capsule trunk? I want to put the Dragon's logo on it :). Thanks!

Edit: found the perfect nose cap!

zboNc28.png

Where'd you find that nosecone?

5 hours ago, StevieC said:

Where'd you find that nosecone?

It's a slightly modified LazTek Dragon nose cap, you just have to change it's color, node and size. I'll share it but ...

License:

Created by Lazarus Luan (Lazarus). Neither this mod, nor any part of it may be redistributed.

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2016 at 1:28 PM, -ctn- said:

It works fine in 1.0.5, but I wanted to keep the update reserved for when I get the new models and textures done. Speaking  of, here's some progress photos:

EsDumWV.jpg

I think I'll work on modeling the new solar panels next. Then will come texturing and finally, the hopefully not-so-tedious-this-time Unity/config work.

@-ctn- I remembered this being posted. Just went searching for it. Did this fall defunct? I'd love to be able to utilize this fine display of modeling.

Other then that, what are the odds of possibly getting a CRS-4 capable of hauling tanks? I'd like to utilize it as an emergency fuel drop sometimes. Or as a good solid way to move fertilizer up to my stations for USI-LS. Like how the current CRS missions take food and water up to the station.

Edited by Jivaii

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.