[1.2.2] Phoenix Industries Cargo Resupply System (KIS/MechJeb Compatible) v2.2

-ctn-

Is this functional in 1.3?  Since its a parts pack, I would expect that it does work, but I'm getting ready to start a career 1.3 game, and want to make sure there aren't any unreported oddities before I add this.  Plus its nice to not have the error message about version.

Edited by Murdabenne

• 2 months later...
On 9/21/2017 at 7:20 PM, Murdabenne said:

Is this functional in 1.3?  Since its a parts pack, I would expect that it does work, but I'm getting ready to start a career 1.3 game, and want to make sure there aren't any unreported oddities before I add this.  Plus its nice to not have the error message about version.

You could delete the .version file?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017 at 8:20 PM, Murdabenne said:

I just did a very cursory inspection with a stock v1.3.1 game and did not find any obvious issues. Loaded out to the pad and solar panels, RCS jets, comms all functioning nominally. No serious errors during game load

Also it doesn't have a version file or mini AVC or anything so you don't get a compatibility warning msg

Edited by Drew Kerman

My major concern is that the 1.3.1 update broke a lot of display related things regarding language display, and some changes due to Unity differences, and the new 3.0.x upgrade to MM is much more strict in interpreting MM scripts, causing a lot of them to error out.  The 1.3.1 bugs can be subtle, I don't want to get half way through a campaign and have it bown up.  I prefer to have explosions confined to in-game creations of my own demise

Edited by Murdabenne

19 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

My major concern is that the 1.3.1 update broke a lot of display related things regarding language display, and some changes due to Unity differences, and the new 3.0.x upgrade to MM is much more strict in interpreting MM scripts, causing a lot of them to error out.  The 1.3.1 bugs can be subtle, I don't want to get half way through a campaign and have it bown up.  I prefer to have explosions confined to in-game creations of my own demise

You mean 1.3.0  think that's why we got 1.3.1 so fast ?

• 10 months later...

Hey everyone! It’s been a very long time since I’ve been on the forums. Lots of stuff has happened. Among that, my laptop crashed, along with all of my modding and source files. 

However, with the new KSP update, I’ve actually been getting back into the game a bit. I wanted to update this mod a bit. I don’t intend to change anything functionally, just give it a visual makeover. 

I plan to do the Dragon capsule, the Trunk (and bundle pressurized and unpressurized if I can figure out the stock part switch stuff), the Dragon adapter, *maybe* solar panels, and the Cygnus part (again, using part switch for RCS and non-RCS). I plan to discontinue the HTV and the ATV parts. 

Heres a preview-

zUejJr8.jpg

Edited by -ctn-

Hey -ctn-

welcome back!

i sorry to be that guy but if u mean with this:

8 hours ago, -ctn- said:

if I can figure out the stock part switch stuff)

PartVariants at this time only let u change the texture and the model not the part modules(maybe u cant things change over the model itself -noclue)

maybe helpful:https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/173441-partvariant-guide/

5 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

Hey -ctn-

welcome back!

i sorry to be that guy but if u mean with this:

PartVariants at this time only let u change the texture and the model not the part modules(maybe u cant things change over the model itself -noclue)

maybe helpful:https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/173441-partvariant-guide/

Ah, I see. I hadn't checked out the PartVariants module yet, so I was just brainstorming. I suppose I will just rework it and keep the functionality it always had without worrying about part switching.

@-ctn-Well, we would need to separate the unpressurized trunk from the pressurized capsule if we're trying to bring cargo back down to the surface, and since the version 1 Dragon capsule has no SuperDraco engines, only Draco thrusters, I don't think there'd be a version to lack RCS thrusters, BUT! Perhaps the PartVariant switcher could allow for us to choose betwixt twain trunk sizes, like this?

Dragon_spacecraft_press_and_unpress_sect

And to your announcement of discontinuing the ATV & HTV parts, I say, "aww," as those were some of my personal favorites.

Edited by StevieC

I have a soft spot in my heart for the ATV in large part because in real life the ATV was purposefully designed in such a way as to allow for a tunnel to pass continuously through the spacecraft's entire length so that both the fore and aft ends could be fitted with docking nodes, thus allowing another spacecraft to dock without requiring the ATV to undock. Although that capability was never actually used in real life, I would routinely design my ATV analogue in KSP using your parts-pack to take full advantage of this capability. Also would use your Boosters parts-pack's Ariane 5 SRBs to build a matching launch-vehicle to carry my ATV analogue into orbit.

Please forgive my tangent.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.