[1.2.2] Phoenix Industries Cargo Resupply System (KIS/MechJeb Compatible) v2.2

-ctn-

Awesome, thanks for the update! I hope the shrouded panels work now, it looks kinda weird having them exposed :confused:.

On my machine, they kind of work. The eject downwards but they don't slam into the craft anymore. I'm still trying to get them to work the way I want though.

- - - Updated - - -

Kottabos did a review.

Whoa! That's pretty cool. Kind of nerve-racking watching someone else critique it, but I'm glad he liked most of it.

Updated to version 1.4.1.

- - - Updated - - -

do u have Remotech config (cause i love remotech so if u dont i will ad to my instal by myself :P)

and would be nice to heve more slots in inventories

More slots has been added to 1.4.1.

No RemoteTech support... yet? Maybe?

-ctn- I'm getting a null error on your solarshroud and only one size is showing up, Can you please make the shroud one part with a decoupler node ?

EDIT- And why no Phoenix on the other trunks :(

Thats a texture error that I'll fix later. Sorry, meant for the logo to go on both.

And as for the shroud errors... No idea. Still having a heck of a time trying to get them to work. May just make them a separate part like you're suggesting.

Updated to version 1.4.1.

- - - Updated - - -

More slots has been added to 1.4.1.

No RemoteTech support... yet? Maybe?

Ok

will ad by myself

RemoteTech is very simple to ad its 3-4 lines of code in each part u can check in RT2 tread

Speaking of additional configs, I'll probably be using this in my career so are there any TAC LS values for it? Else not I'll knock some up and share if people are interested?

No TAC LS values, but it does have KIS storage so you can put TAC parts in there and access them through docking.

EDIT: Update 1.4.2 is up.

EDIT2: Took some screenshots of my first resupply mission (the reason I even made this mod). However, I of course forgot to take screens of the inventories. Oh well.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by -ctn-

I hadn't seen that mod before, it looks pretty awesome!

UPDATED TO VERSION 1.4.

v1.4 Changelog:

Added CFG files so both sizes are available in-game at the same time

Added extra Trunk part that is hollow inside for surface-attachable parts

Added README.txt in zip file

Further tinkering with shrouded solar panels

Rebalanced KIS storage space to reflect actual dimensions of parts

It's definitely handy for complicated supply chains

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with it!

CKAN [del]is[del] was crapping itself on this addon - it seems to have a conflict between the 1.25 and 2.5m versions, and marks them as a conflict to each other - so if you select one you cannot select the other, and if you select both, neither will install. add: not sure if this is still the case as of now - was the case about 0930 CDT-US

And I now (add: as of the time of this post) I get this error off CKAN

Module PhoenixIndustriesCargoResupplySystem required, but not listed in index, or not available for your version of KSP

Error!

Is there an issue with the metadata or CKAN data? It doesn't even show up on the list after a refresh. I'm doing this after cleaning out my GameData and trying to reinstall via the install_default.ckan after refreshing the repositories (trying to resolve the fitrst issue). I've reinstalled CKAN top make sure its not some residual stuff from it (deleted the CKAN directory as well prior to the reinstall), but this seems to be missing. add: Protractor missing too, hmm?

Edited by Murdabenne
clarification

Like I said, I think CKAN is trying to reference a much earlier (and thus, buggy) version of the mod. If someone wants to help me get the current and bug free version on there, I'd be very grateful.

I just found this posted today at 13:04 CDT-US (bottom of the page - last post)

PSA:

Our indexing bot just turned murderous and exploded a major part of the metadata repository. We're working on a solution and no changes are lost at this time since github allows us to revert all the damage!

So, -ctn-, this is probably their error for the second issue, and until that is resolved, no way to determine the first issue (They had a fix in but its apparently buggy too; CKAN repository refresh is only replying with partial lists)

Edited by Murdabenne
gorram typos

Like I said, I think CKAN is trying to reference a much earlier (and thus, buggy) version of the mod. If someone wants to help me get the current and bug free version on there, I'd be very grateful.

They fixed their repo indexing bot bug that ate everything. And so with part 2 now clear: my initial problem is Confirmed and it is as you suspected: they are showing v1.2 as current. So no bug, other than CKAN needs to update, they are 3 minor versions behind! Where do you host the stuff that they are supposed to pull from, kerbalstuff or curseforge? I may be able to write a CKAN entry if you dont already have one. They should be indexing either of those automatically I think...

EDIT: There is a How-to for what you need to do, and its fairly trivial since you are based on KerbalStuff, here is the link to that writeup for a do-it-yourself file. they also link to their netkan stuff, which you can also use simply by submitting the app to there as a repository.

Edited by Murdabenne
Found an answer:

I'll take a look at trying it tonight. It just seems like an unncessary amount of work when the mod is already available from Curseforge and KerbalStuff. But I'll try to figure it out after work.

I'll take a look at trying it tonight. It just seems like an unncessary amount of work when the mod is already available from Curseforge and KerbalStuff. But I'll try to figure it out after work.

Thank you. I know how it is, so dont feel obligated (I did a couple addons for WoW years ago, so I know your pain). Hoepfully the "NKAN" repo is something as simple as just checking your file in and they do the rest. I'll read up on it and see if I can figure it out, post back here if/when I do.

If you like, I'm pretty sure I can save you the effort and hash together a CKAN file for inclusion on KerbalStuff - its just JSON code, and pretty simple at that. You have any "depend"encies on other mods, "recommendation"s of other mods that work well with this, and "suggest"ions of other mods that play nice or that this helps? I can include those as well.

No dependencies but it's really made to utilize MechJeb and more importantly KIS to give resupply missions real meaning.

What trips me up I guess is this whole .nkan or whatever file format and the coding to write to submit it to CKAN. Even though I just made a mod, I'm definitely not a coder so that kinda turns me off from the whole CKAN thing.

No dependencies but it's really made to utilize MechJeb and more importantly KIS to give resupply missions real meaning.

What trips me up I guess is this whole .nkan or whatever file format and the coding to write to submit it to CKAN. Even though I just made a mod, I'm definitely not a coder so that kinda turns me off from the whole CKAN thing.

Well you're in luck - I have coded the file for you. EDIT:Found and got workaround about the license parser.

I ran nkan.exe on it (netkan.exe -v CTN.nkan).

119 [1] INFO CKAN.NetKAN.MainClass (null) - Using CKAN cache at e:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program\CKAN\downloads

157 [1] INFO CKAN.NetKAN.MainClass (null) - Processing CTN.netkan

857 [1] INFO CKAN.NetKAN.MainClass (null) - Inflating from KerbalStuff... #/ckan/kerbalstuff/831

1013 [1] INFO CKAN.NetKAN.MainClass (null) - Writing final metadata to .\CTN-1.5.0.ckan

As you can see it validated the metadata without any errors, and created a "CTN.ckan" file. I just used that to install it into my directory, both a fresh instance of the game, and my bazillion mod instance as well - no errors at all!

from CKAN...

About to install...

* CTN 1.5.0

Downloading "https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/831/Phoenix Industries Cargo Resupply System/download/1.5.0"

Module "Phoenix Industries Cargo Resupply System" successfully installed

Success!

So this file is ready to go.

FYI, per your post, I set up MechJeb and KIS as recommendations - meaning they will be selected for install whenever your mod is installed, but the end user can override this and decline them. But as a recommendation they are selected by default. (suggestions are not)

The file its self is pretty simple, even if figuring it out was not.

file name is CTN.nkan

{
"spec_version": 1,
"x_netkan_license_ok": true,
"identifier": "CTN",
"license": "CC-BY-NC-SA",
"release_status" : "stable",
"$kref": "#/ckan/kerbalstuff/831",
"recommends": [
{ "name": "KIS" },
{ "name": "MechJeb2" }
],
}

All you need to do is add this to your install directory on KerbalStuff, and/or submit it to NKAN repository. The good thing is, once this is done, it only needs be done once. The rest of the time the CKAN crawler bot will just read this file and they generate the .ckan file in their own area and set you up in their repo - no action on your part ever needed again. So you dont need touch this again until you change the name, or change where its installed, or change your recommends/suggests.

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

This should make your mod available to a lot more people who use CKAN. One thing that I did discover is that CKAN still has your old (bugged) version 1.2 listed, but I think once you submit the CTN.nkan file, those should go away. It shows the 1.5 now in my menu along side those.

- - - Updated - - -

one more thing, in case you were wondering. This is the metadata file it generates and uses - they will generate this every time their bot checks the kerbalstuff site (assuming you have the CTN.nkan file in theri repo or in your distro package), totally hands off for you if I read their documentation correctly.

CTN.ckan

{
"spec_version": 1,
"x_netkan_license_ok": true,
"identifier": "CTN",
"license": "CC-BY-NC-SA",
"release_status": "stable",
"recommends": [
{
"name": "KIS"
},
{
"name": "MechJeb2"
}
],
"resources": {
"homepage": "http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/122510-Phoenix-Industries-Cargo-Resupply-System-(KIS-MechJeb-Compatible)",
"kerbalstuff": "https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/831/Phoenix%20Industries%20Cargo%20Resupply%20System"
},
"ksp_version": "1.0.2",
"name": "Phoenix Industries Cargo Resupply System",
"abstract": "A four part mod containing a probe capsule, storage trunk, solar panels, and heat shield. KIS and MechJeb compatible.",
"author": "MoviesColin",
"version": "1.5.0",
"download": "https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/831/Phoenix%20Industries%20Cargo%20Resupply%20System/download/1.5.0",
"x_generated_by": "netkan",
"download_size": 1540079
}

Edited by Murdabenne
Fixed!Including NKAN results

We're tracking the addition of a .netkan file over at https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/1457 so -ctn- you need do nothing at all to resolve the situation save wait for us to solve our own screwup.

All you need to do is add this to your install directory on KerbalStuff

Please tell me where information that this works was located so I can fix it. We do not currently have such a functionality.

Also please put requests for mod metadata fixes into the CKAN thread or, preferably, onto the CKAN githut pages so we can adress them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.