Purpose built mech parts

I am fully aware of IR and its capabilities, however when it comes to making legged machines it has its draw backs.

The ideas I've had for anyone who's up to it:

-shock absorbers and torsion springs that constantly try to return to their starting position with a tweakable range and strength. This could make all manner of movement smoother.

-rotors and pistons that have tweakable range, speed, can be throttle controlled, and have an oscillate option so they can go back and forth between the limits without constant button mashing/KOS codes.

-a few foot types for different machines. Maybe some structural leg bits for aesthetics.

If you're actually interested in attempting this I can come basic concept designs for the parts.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I tried to make a mech a while back. It worked fine, save for some random wheel failures. It could pick up objects and had purpose-built weapon modules, semi-realistic shoulders, elbows, and wrists, self-contained power, etc., but if I had actual mech parts it would've been even better.

And NO, it wasn't a replica it was inspired by it - https://imgur.com/zMoNDsC

Edited by Fireheart318

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.