disappearing contracts

In orbit with two active contracts, one completed (Get to Orbit). The other one, "Achieve 2500 m/s" did not complete, even though I exceeded 2700 on my reentry from a highly elliptical orbit.

Then the craft skipped into a second elliptical orbit, since I did not scrub off enough energy prior to reaching pA. I went to map mode and browsed Minmus, etc. while in my elliptical orbit. Then to the Space Center so I could shift the focus back to my orbiting craft. At this point I found that both of my active contracts had disappeared. Nor were they in the "Available" or "Archive" lists.

Both the craft and the mission were designed to complete these contracts. How do I avoid this next time?

In orbit with two active contracts, one completed (Get to Orbit).
At this point I found that both of my active contracts had disappeared.

...so I have no idea about the disappeared-but-not-complete one, but am having trouble understanding about the other. You say in your first paragraph that it completed. So it's done, right? You got the cash reward? So how did it "disappear" when you went back to your ship, isn't that what completed contracts normally do?

Anyway, I don't actually have any advice to offer about the missing contract(s), have never experienced that myself, sorry I can't be of direct help. However, one comment you made did catch my eye:

I went to map mode and browsed Minmus, etc. while in my elliptical orbit. Then to the Space Center so I could shift the focus back to my orbiting craft.

If I'm understanding correctly, I'm guessing that this is what you meant: You went to map mode, and double-clicked Minmus and other planets/moons to browse around. Then you wanted to focus back to your craft, and the only way you know how to do that is to go back to KSC and then to the tracking center.

If that's it, I have good news, there's a quicker way. :wink: If you've moved map-window focus away from the current craft (i.e. to a celestial body), you can move the focus back to the active craft by pressing backspace.

Apologies if you already know that... I only bring it up because it's not a very discoverable feature, and I was playing KSP for months before I discovered that.

Doesn't help your current problem at all, but hopefully may be convenient if you didn't already know about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.