1.0.3, where is it?

uglyduckling81

So Maxmaps apparently said on Twitter or some place other than the official forums that 1.0.3 would be out by the end of the week.

Has anyone seen or heard anything from any of the places they make announcements from?

Orbiter, Twitter, Facebook?

I don't have accounts for any of those places so I can never see what is happening until someone transcribes it into these forums.

And here I expected them to abandon KSP and concentrate on mobile games. :rolleyes:

I don't know the exact sales figures on KSP, but my guess is that it is pretty successful. And if that's correct, it would be very stupid to abandon it.

Well Max did say 'if all goes well' or words to that effect, so no promises broken.

1.0.1 and 1.0.2 were necessary quick responses to fix critical issues immediately after release and before they went off for a pre planned break.

With 1.0.3 they can, and should, take the opportunity to look at what balances etc they are changing and check it is working as they want. A few extra days wait for us is no big deal.

And this is why they don't release information on release dates normally, if something goes wrong or it getsr delayed everyone askes where it is. Though this is rather placid I admit compared to what I would expect.

Well Max did say 'if all goes well' or words to that effect, so no promises broken.

1.0.1 and 1.0.2 were necessary quick responses to fix critical issues immediately after release and before they went off for a pre planned break.

With 1.0.3 they can, and should, take the opportunity to look at what balances etc they are changing and check it is working as they want. A few extra days wait for us is no big deal.

There is a memory leak introduced in 1.0.2 which is causing me to crash every 20-30 minutes. It's actually the most I have ever crashed in this game. I believe he said they intend to address it in this patch. That's why I'm interested in this hotfix.

uglyduckling81, while you wait for the update you can disable PPFX edge highlighting to stop the memory issue.

this won't work

my mac's hardware doesn't support ppfx but i still crash due to the memory leak.

this won't work

my mac's hardware doesn't support ppfx but i still crash due to the memory leak.

I'm running 1.0.2 on a 2011 MacBook Pro and Yosemite 10.10.3. No memory leaks or random crashing here at all. What mods do you have installed?

1.0.3 has to fix the memory leaks and this bug:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/118776-Master-Thread-Cannot-Activate-While-Stowed!

otherwise I will write an angry forum post. that will show them!

/s

Edit regarding memory leak: The game starts at aroung 2,7 GB of RAM, but during gameplay (especially when launching multiple times in close succession) the usage shoots up to 3,5 GB of RAM. Soon after, a crash is bound to happen.

This is especially tiresome when trying to use my >1500 part vehicles.

Edited by ShadowZone

I'm running 1.0.2 on a 2011 MacBook Pro and Yosemite 10.10.3. No memory leaks or random crashing here at all. What mods do you have installed?

planetshine, collisionfx, active texture management, hotrockets, and chatterer.

edit: just found out i had an old program wich starts up whenever i log in wich sucks resources! so i disabled it en deleted the program. now i hope i won't crash.

There is a memory leak introduced in 1.0.2 which is causing me to crash every 20-30 minutes. It's actually the most I have ever crashed in this game. I believe he said they intend to address it in this patch. That's why I'm interested in this hotfix.

And this is why I want Squad to take their time and test 1.0.3 so they don't accidentally introduce a different game-breaking bug while trying to fix the memory leak.

I don't know the exact sales figures on KSP, but my guess is that it is pretty successful. And if that's correct, it would be very stupid to abandon it.

Hey, i'm just joking. ;)

From what i've heard KSPs sales figures are extremly good. And that was before the 1.0 release and being ridiculously well received by critics.

Hey, i'm just joking. ;)

From what i've heard KSPs sales figures are extremly good. And that was before the 1.0 release and being ridiculously well received by critics.

You used to be able to go here to see the steam numbers, they did break a million on steam alone: http://steamspy.com/app/220200

but then Squad had them removed from that site, because of the cartels.

This one is kind of a weird one, since it's really kind of a unique circumstance. Basically, being based in Mexico, we aren't really crazy happy with the idea of everyone knowing potentially how much money we have made from KSP. We would honestly love to be like every other gaming company and celebrate each and every sales milestone with the community, but it is simply not worth risking the team's safety and integrity.

Thus, we contacted steamspy, explained the situation, they empathized and removed us.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/330vsi/squad_removes_steam_spy_data_from_public_view/

You used to be able to go here to see the steam numbers, they did break a million on steam alone: http://steamspy.com/app/220200

but then Squad had them removed from that site, because of the cartels.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/330vsi/squad_removes_steam_spy_data_from_public_view/

Didn't Max or Harvestr call this theory stereotypical and offensive when regex[?] posited it?

planetshine, collisionfx, active texture management, hotrockets, and chatterer.

edit: just found out i had an old program wich starts up whenever i log in wich sucks resources! so i disabled it en deleted the program. now i hope i won't crash.

The other thing which can cause crashes is if you run KSP at more than half res textures on Mac. I want my KSP in full textures please :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.