How good is KSP?  

316 members have voted

1. 1. How good is KSP?

• The best game ever made, tops anything else
    • Not the best ever, but somewhere in the top 10
    • Definitely a top 20 sorta thing
    • Somewhere in the top 50
    • Quite good, but not outstanding

I'd say something in the top 50, due to the sheer amount of game's I've played over the years. The poll really depends on the age of the person and the amount of exposure they've had to other games.

Spent countless hours on it,

if it werent for those meddling bugs it would be more like top 5.

I'm still mourning the kerbals that were inhabiting my minmus orbital station, it just ... vanished in to thin air with only a docking port to show for.

The Resident Evil Series

The Ace Combat Series

The Elder Scrolls Series

Goldeneye64

Counter-Strike: Source

GTA 4&5

Chivalry:Medieval Combat

The Half-life Series

Bioshock

Sim City 2000

Super Mario 64

The Legend of Zelda games

Medieval (the ps1 classic)

I could continue, but its 4am.

KSP can settle for somewhere in the middle of my top 50.

Edited by r4pt0r

As said above, it depends on your experience. Top 10 easily, if you restrict it to current games. If, like me, you remember a time when processors were 1–2MHz, RAM was in low kB, disk was in kB, colour displays were a premium upgrade, and some upgrades involved a soldering iron, then it's much harder to quantify.

Edit: It's not a perfect or best metric, but factually it's currently ranked #7 of all games on Steam, sorted by user reviews. 98% positive reviews. That's a HUGE achievement for a relatively tiny developer on their first big project.

Edited by Murph

I'm too early in the game to give a proper answer, but given its sandbox and open ended nature, I can see myself playing it for months and even years. The only other game I've played continuously for such a long time is Elite Dangerous. In terms of playtime it's likely to become one of my most played games ever, and therefore one of my favourites.

Then again given it's nature, it has no story or proper characters, which makes it harder to love than more emotionally involving games like Mass Effect, Xenogears, etc, so it s very difficult to classify it compared to those narrative games. Attachment comes in a different way for a game like Ksp, I think it comes with the time spent on it, which makes your involvment grow as you play.

All that to say, I guess it will eventually be in my top few games, but I must wait a bit before I can really say :) It's definitely one of the more original games, and for it's type it's very well made and complete.

Atm top 20. It has the potential to be an absolutely amazing top 5 game depending on where the devs take it (planetary exploration, interesting career, more interactive environments)... fingers crossed!

Well for me personally it's a definite #1 atm and has been for ages. Though not a big gamer I've hardly played any other game since getting it (v.18.3) and can happily spend hours at it.

Overall I can't say as it's very subjective but voted top 20 as it feel about right.

This game is definitely a masterpiece, and I still think it's underrated! All I feel the game lacks in is rich exploration, fantastic graphics (sorry), and good terrain. It's still #1 in my books, but some other indie games I'm following has a slight chance of passing it up in the future.

I don't want to say I like KSP better than Minecraft, because MC has that nice multiplayer aspect that KSP lacks... but for a single player game, it is exceedingly good. If you like this sort of thing :)

I feel there's a few testing and quality control issues that could do with handling better, but the basis of the game is spot on.

I found out about ksp around September and downloaded it in December. Ive been playing it between 3-10 hours a day depending on what I have to do and its been the only game I've played since then. I'd say its pretty high up on my list

Let's see. I decided to give KSP a chance all the way back in 2011, and I'm still playing it today. It was already exceeding my initial expectations by 0.18. I think it's safe to say that this game is pretty high on my list of games that are made of awesome.

Was easily my second favorite game after Starcraft: Brood War. But ever since they implemented the new "realistic" aerodynamics, it lost its spark.

KSP 0.90 = 9.5/10

KSP 1.0.2 = 4/10

I'll be honest here... I have played this game for years, the game play is outstanding (could do with some more EVA features and maybe immersive IVAs) However the one thing that REALLY holds this game back from being #1 is the graphics. This may seem petty but its been a LONG LONG LONG time since we have seen anything to change the graphics. I am fully aware that the devs can't do anything to change the RAM issue but its just a shame were stuck with blobby planets, poor lighting and no clouds. Just saying.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.