Problem with gender swapping.

I've had this problem after installing a few mods, including texture replacer, as well as various suit/face mods like pimp my kerbal. Valentina, and another astronaut Agaya, have changed from female to male, their default face ingame is now a male kerbal, as well as their avatar in the astronaut complex. I've tried to edit their gender using a save file editor, but it just automatically switches them back to male. Is there some other file that I can edit?

This is only in my main career. If I start a new career Valentina is fine. I really would like to avoid having to start my career over.

Edited by ThaSaint
Solved

Modular Rocket System, PlanetShine, Window Shine, RCS build aid, Surface Lights, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Texture Replacer, Chatterer, SCAR91 texture pack (suit and kerbal skins), Real Skybox, Corvus, and a couple of planet skins I picked out of a few diff mods and added to Texture Replacer, don't remember which is from which. I had pimp my kerbals installed but removed all of that and it hasn't helped.

I'm using a java program, KSP Save File Editor, to edit the save file, but when I make a change to the gender it doesn't stick, it reverts itself no matter if I change the persistent file or try to edit a quicksave and load that.

They are Transgendered Kerbals. We should be sensitive and accept their new gender identities, instead of trying to force them into traditional "male" or "female" cis-gendered roles.

I have no idea what's causing the issue...

Try opening your persistent.sfs in a text editor and finding the ROSTER section, then the KERBAL with "name = Valentina Kerman" and setting "gender = Female" then saving. Then start KSP.

Edited by SAI Peregrinus

I had a similar problem with my kerbal Halnie from my old 0.90 save that was always meant to be female, but kept changing back to male every time I edited the save file. The problem ended up being TextureReplacer, because it overrides the gender set in the roster section of the save file.

You want to find the section in the save file that looks like this:

SCENARIO

{

name = TRScenario

scene = 5

reflectionType = REAL

isHelmetRemovalEnabled = True

isAtmSuitEnabled = True

Kerbals

{

Jebediah Kerman = M Jeb GENERIC

Bill Kerman = M Bill GENERIC

Bob Kerman = M Bob GENERIC

Valentina Kerman = F Valentina GENERIC

Halnie Kerman = F Halnie2 HalnieOrange

Silyn Kerman = F GENERIC GENERIC

Milbald Kerman = M GENERIC GENERIC

Stala Kerman = F GENERIC GENERIC

Melxie Kerman = F GENERIC GENERIC

Gregdun Kerman = M GENERIC GENERIC

Elilyn Kerman = F GENERIC GENERIC

Laya Kerman = F GENERIC GENERIC

Moca Kerman = F GENERIC GENERIC

Kevin Kerman = M GENERIC GENERIC

Asbel Kerman = F GENERIC GENERIC

Listhy Kerman = F GENERIC GENERIC

Doodpont Kerman = M GENERIC GENERIC

Elicine Kerman = F GENERIC GENERIC

Jesma Kerman = F GENERIC GENERIC

}

ClassSuits

{

}

}

And change the kerbals you want female to 'F'. I think you can do this from within the in-game TextureReplacer menu as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.