The Name Change Thread (WARNING! ONE TIME ONLY!)

Souper

• 3 weeks later...

This is just a quick question, is it possible to change your username? Or is it permanent once you create your KSP Forums account. I really want to change mine to 'The_Cat_In_Space' or something like that. So is it possible to change your username?

wait! one name change? for ever!?!?! what kind of repurposed bovine waste is this! AND WHY ISENT THIS AN OPTION I CAN DO FROM MY ACCOUNT SETTINGS! AND WHY CANT I SET MY NOTIFICATIONS! TO TELL ME WHEN SOMEONE REPLIES TO ME!?!?! WHY IS THIS SITE SO loveING BROKEN!?!?!

i wana change my name to vulduv btw...

Where to start with that?

One name change is enough, and one more than we'd allow if it were solely up to me. Consistency of name is an important part of an online community, otherwise you have no idea who you're talking to. Unlimited, user initiated name changes would be a very bad thing. 

You can set your notifications to indicate when someone quotes you in a reply. It's in the notifications settings in the notification drop down at upper right (little bell icon). 

We have no autocorrect here, but as you've discovered we do have a profanity filter. Swearing is not permitted here as we try to keep the forum appropriate for all ages. I strongly suggest you review the community guidelines to which you agreed when creating your account. 

As for your name change, we'll consider it when you ask nicely rather than in a profanity laden rant. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Provisional Name said:

Dear moderator,

Is it possible to have my current name changed to something not revealing my e-mail address? Example:  Lewis Douglas  or Rucomania or Ruco9999 ?

Thanks in advance,

Lewis

I changed it to a temporary so you wouldn't have to wait any longer, but please tell us which new name you would like to have. 

After coming back to the forums after quite a long break, I figured I'd get a refresher in names too. If possible (I'm 99% sure I haven't changed my name already), I'd like to have my name changed to 'Bilfred'. Thanks!

18 hours ago, ToTheMun said:

After coming back to the forums after quite a long break, I figured I'd get a refresher in names too. If possible (I'm 99% sure I haven't changed my name already), I'd like to have my name changed to 'Bilfred'. Thanks!

I regret to inform you that this name is already taken.