The Name Change Thread (WARNING! ONE TIME ONLY!)

Souper

On 10/05/2017 at 10:15 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

One name change is enough, and one more than we'd allow if it were solely up to me. Consistency of name is an important part of an online community, otherwise you have no idea who you're talking to. Unlimited, user initiated name changes would be a very bad thing. 

Red Iron Crown had a good answer for that a while ago, @Lo Var Lachland

Each time someone gets a name change, one of the few staff members with admin power has to log into the control panel, check to see if the new name is already in use, tell the person tough noogies if it is, and if it isn't in use, put the new name in and save it. Might not sound like much, but it's a few minutes each time, and doing it over and over again would quickly add up. 

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

Each time someone gets a name change, one of the few staff members with admin power has to log into the control panel, check to see if the new name is already in use, tell the person tough noogies if it is, and if it isn't in use, put the new name in and save it. Might not sound like much, but it's a few minutes each time, and doing it over and over again would quickly add up. 

Aha. Thank you for the explanation. :D

15 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

And I imagine, while most people here wouldn't abuse it, there would a be a few that have to have a new name every few days... :P

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

And I imagine, while most people here wouldn't abuse it, there would a be a few that have to have a new name every few days... :P

Yup... you're right... I can name a few forum members I'd suspect of this...

giphy.gif

Edited by adsii1970

5 hours ago, „Human Person“ said:

Ohh, even with the quotation marks. Well, that wasn‘t intended. If you don‘t want to change it again, it‘s ok.

thank you 

1 hour ago, eloquentJane said:

Could you please change my username to "septemberWaves" (without quotation marks of course).

Done