The Name Change Thread (WARNING! ONE TIME ONLY!)

Souper

1 hour ago, Gapone said:

Why only one? On Terraria forums there are 20 namechanges. And they're done without requesting! But in ACCOUNT SETTINGS!

As we've said before, we don't want people to misbehave and escape responsibility by confusing others about their names, and also because I'm the only one with the permissions to make the changes and I have a day job and other stuff to do, so I don't have time to be changing names over and over. 

6 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

As we've said before, we don't want people to misbehave and escape responsibility by confusing others about their names, and also because I'm the only one with the permissions to make the changes and I have a day job and other stuff to do, so I don't have time to be changing names over and over. 

If you wanted to, could you change everyone's name and profile picture to the same thing and then change them back, like as an April Fools joke or something? Without manually doing it to every single user, of course...

23 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

If you wanted to, could you change everyone's name and profile picture to the same thing and then change them back, like as an April Fools joke or something? Without manually doing it to every single user, of course...

Nope, that would have to be done one by one. 

9 hours ago, Deddly said:

Yeah I think @Vanamondeshould do that, it would be funny on all counts. c'mon man, show us some of that volunteer spirit! 

How would you like to be Mr.BigFatStinkyHead? Keep in mind that I'd be the only one who could change it back. Hypothetically, how much do you think someone would pay for that service? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, EdwardB3020 said:

Is there a way to make your name change more than once?

No, because we have decided not to allow that, as a matter of forum policy.  Otherwise people would be changing their names all over the place and it would be hard for everyone (including moderators) to keep mental track of who's who.  That's why this thread says "WARNING! ONE TIME ONLY!" loudly, right there in the forum title.  ;)

4 hours ago, Osmium said:

A long time ago, I tried to make another forum account. The accounts were merged, and the newer name overwrote the old one. Would it be possible to change my username back to cy4n?

You sure you want this? We can't be changing people's names back and forth multiple times.