The Name Change Thread (WARNING! ONE TIME ONLY!)

Souper

12 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I requested a name change 4.5 years ago and (luckily?) the name I wanted was taken already, so I never actually got the name change.

Now, somewhat purposefully on April Fools' Day, I'd like to request again. The request is 100% not a joke so go ahead and do it :D I'd like my new name to be Superfluous J

What do you mean I need to confirm that it's not a joke? IT'S NOT A JOKE I REALLY WANT THAT.

Good prank man!

20 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I requested a name change 4.5 years ago and (luckily?) the name I wanted was taken already, so I never actually got the name change.

Now, somewhat purposefully on April Fools' Day, I'd like to request again. The request is 100% not a joke so go ahead and do it :D I'd like my new name to be Superfluous J

What do you mean I need to confirm that it's not a joke? IT'S NOT A JOKE I REALLY WANT THAT.

19 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Good prank man!

While funny (really, I'm smiling as I type this) I actually do want the name change. See I even changed my avatar.

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

While funny (really, I'm smiling as I type this) I actually do want the name change. See I even changed my avatar.

Man, you're really committed! I changed my avatar, too!

In all seriousness, it's quite a shock to see you ask for a name change. I've become very used to your name, and it's going to be a big adjustment to make. In the end it's your decision but, speaking as a regular user, your name has been a constant for my entire time on the forums. Are you sure I can't talk you out of it?

51 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Man, you're really committed! I changed my avatar, too!

In all seriousness, it's quite a shock to see you ask for a name change. I've become very used to your name, and it's going to be a big adjustment to make. In the end it's your decision but, speaking as a regular user, your name has been a constant for my entire time on the forums. Are you sure I can't talk you out of it?

I'm sure. I've not been known as 5thHorseman anywhere but here (and the Factorio forums) since I made that original request 4.5 years ago. I never actually liked HMV but liked it better than 5thHorseman, and from the looks of things Superfluous J will be my moniker at least as long as 5thHorseman was (First use: 2006) so i should be good.

I plan on keeping the signature the same, and changing my Title to "I used to be 5thHorseman" or something like that.

About the only way you could talk me out of it would be to tell me that you have to go through every post where someone referenced me and change that. Then I'll pull the request out of a desire to not be a huge pain. :)

Edited by 5thHorseman

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

About the only way you could talk me out of it would be to tell me that you have to go through every post where someone referenced me and change that. Then I'll pull the request out of a desire to not be a huge pain.

Actually, all the times someone quoted or pinged you won't be changed.

The pings will still say @5thHorseman, but clicking on them will still work to take you to your profile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to change my username to literally anything. Just mash the keyboard. QWEWQEWSFGFDFGFD. My intention is to clean up this old account, but you don't delete them so....

I submitted the form but it's not happened after several days; could I get my name changed to something random anyway, if it's not too much trouble? I was just trying to deal with visibility of this email address mainly.

5 hours ago, Provisional Name 21 said:

I submitted the form but it's not happened after several days; could I get my name changed to something random anyway, if it's not too much trouble? I was just trying to deal with visibility of this email address mainly.

Done. 

29 minutes ago, Munar pilot said:

Hey, can I get a name change to Ernos? when I made this one like 7 years ago, I picked the horrendous username Munar Pilot and I really don't like it now lol

Okay.