My Simpit Project

Krewmember

My idea is to make a enclosed cockpit for kerbal space program. It's going to be a 2 seater and I'm going to build a full control panel. This is what i have done so far.

Latest progress photo.

9pmcuPP.jpg

iB9qZ9T.jpg

Link to simpit's imgur album

This is the old simpit before I redesigned it.

Cf9oxoK.jpg

Link to old simpit's imgur album

Here is the link to software being developed for the simpit.

https://github.com/Krewmember/External-MFD

I hope you guys like it and I will keep you updated as I make progress.
Edited by Krewmember

Oh my! You simply must make one for me as well! I'd love to fly missions in that thing, a real-time suborbital mission carried out in IVA with Occulus rift would be simply magnificent...

Oh my! You simply must make one for me as well! I'd love to fly missions in that thing, a real-time suborbital mission carried out in IVA with Occulus rift would be simply magnificent...

I could but the freight costs would crazy :P and yes it is going to be fun when it's done.

Woah, can't wait to see more. You have plans for this posted somewhere?

No I planned it all in my head and on scratch paper but I can take some measurements and pop into sketchup or cad and try to make plans for it if you would like me to.

<assorted explicitives> that's cool. I quite envy that you have room and spare time to do stuff that advanced. I gather you already know about KSPSerialIO, the development thread is a very nice place for all your questions about external controllers and KSP.

<assorted explicitives> that's cool. I quite envy that you have room and spare time to do stuff that advanced. I gather you already know about KSPSerialIO, the development thread is a very nice place for all your questions about external controllers and KSP.

Thank you, and yes it is nice to have the time and space not to mention the tools to work on this project.

I have used KSPSerialIO in the past so yes. BTW I really like how you used analog panel meters on your controller.

"Yeah, but will it work with the Unity 5 update?" :sticktongue:

Nice job & congrats on making the front page! Love the do-it-yer-self projects.

Lol :D I could always make a update to the simpit if I have too.. Or make a another one :sticktongue:

Thank you. I didn't even know it was on the front page until I saw your post :blush:

It's look great !

But if the console and dashboard is just on the door... how you enter in ?

I'd like too do the same thing !

Thanks Cortek, the opening in the front is only temporary I'm going put doors on the sides so me and the co pilot can just get in and sit without having to climb over the center console :P

And know.. a quick update on the project.

This is going to be the throttle when it is done.

-bilkv6qsGmugtGXIksUpyPiPFYnWAyPP-MpGXlRDEw=w735-h551-no

Here is I'm trying to make it look like.

vRFx0M0j5srgaatosXs3Z8BuaI36okLnwYYNMzqAt94=w1057-h661-no

This is an awesome project. I'm definitely bookmarking this thread.

I don't know if Raster Prop Monitor allows for that, but do you intend on having a real glass panel by adding external small screen on the console? (such as small USB screens)

I will be building something similar later this year and have completed the first switch panel. Mind if I add you to the archive here? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66763

also please feel free to ask for any advice on wiring control panels, programming interfaces etc!

Sure, go ahead. Thank you I will be sure to ask you if I need help.

BTW I love how retro your control panel looks.

Edited by Krewmember

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.