What new parts could the game realistically use?

Frostiken

Different looking tier0 parts. If the barn ever makes it, it would make sense for that first little booster to look like a wood barrel, with maybe some cloth or leather fins. Keep the same values just change its looks. Going from wooden barrels to metal drums kinda makes sense when making the jump from tier 0 to tier 1 level technology.

Different looking tier0 parts. If the barn ever makes it, it would make sense for that first little booster to look like a wood barrel, with maybe some cloth or leather fins. Keep the same values just change its looks. Going from wooden barrels to metal drums kinda makes sense when making the jump from tier 0 to tier 1 level technology.

Speaking as a fan of early rocketry: hell no.

I'd love to see primitive Goddard-style rockets in stock. But Goddard's rockets were not made of leather and wood. Even Congreve's rockets were better than that.

Definitely electric propellers. I've tried building small planes before, but the lack of a small enough engine (LFO ones are okay, but the fuel adds weight) really annoys me.

I strongly second this. I think we need a non-LFO option for exploring bodies with atmospheres.

Sorry to reiterate what's already been proposed, but I want to add my two cents anyway.

1. A hose or similar refueling connector.

2. Propellor.

3. LF-only tanks.

4. Radiator/heat sinks.

5. A greater variety of space station parts. A huge ring would be nice.

Planet Explorers' map is apparently 153 square kilometers. Kerbin alone is 4,500,000 square kilometers. That means you can't use the same terrain-generating methods without having hundreds of gigabytes of data. If you use a composite system, you need to be able to cope with people trying to fit 1.1 square kilometers of earthworks into a 1 square kilometer data block, or what have you.

Well, there's gotta be some slick trick out there to give us deformable terrain in KSP. Other than finding a glitch that vaporizes entire planets ;).

Something I love about this thread is that it's giving me ideas for mod parts. ;) I'm taking notes. :)

Good. I expect working prototypes of all parts mentioned by the end of the week :D. BTW, thanks for your cool stuff.

I could really use a weaker 1.25m engine *collective gasp of entire KSP player base*. I hate having huge TWRs in space. The 1-kerbal capsule with a parachute, heatshield, decoupler, an LV-909 and enough fuel for a few Duna flyby missions will still have a TWR above 1. I can overcome that with a 0.625m engine when I have fairings, but in many cases I'd still prefer a weaker 1.25m engine.

I'd like some spaceplane tanks that are shaped to be surface mounted to the slab sides of the Mk3 spaceplane parts. Include some adapter parts (like half the underpants part) to allow 1.5 m engines and intakes to be mounted to the ends. That would allow some interesting large space plane designs.

A button that when you right clicked a kerbal in their seat, it would say get out of seat. Then you could go around floating in command pods (and other parts) aimlessly and being able to right click the doors at the back of the cockpits to go to whatever is behind it. I would also enjoy being able to open up a small cabnet (like the rock box in the mk2 lander can).

-EVERYTHING mentioned so far except the stock tweakscale (that is too cheaty for me), the leather/wooden parts, and the barn.

-Life Support

-Greenhouse(s)

-multiple sizes for spaceplane parts:

No rockets taller or heavier, but there was the 8.75 m shuttle (not including wings), and the proposed bfr or mct or mars colonial transporter.

Just get a 1.25 m part and 6x cubic struts and place mk1x1 panels on it for 1.875 m parts. You can also place a lot of cubic struts radially to a 1.25 m part and offset it slightly (turn off angle snapping).

I think we need a 5m, 7.5m, and 10m parts, this fits into the current system, just skipping a size each time after 5m.

Here is how I think it should be.

Mk1 sizes (diameter is shown, the smallest part of it)

.125/.3125m (not rockets, just like small drones and mini unmanned lander parts/pieces)

1.875 (maybee, you can make 1.875 parts like I mentioned earlier)

5 (technically size 4)

7.5 (skipping a size)

10 (skipping a size) (close to the size of the spaceX proposed mars colonial transporter, just rounded to nearest size that fits in the ksp size pattern)

Mk2 size parts (the smallest diameter is shown first aka height, not width)

.635 x 1.35 (.1 m extra for space for cargo in the bays)

1.5 x 2.6 (extra space for cargo bay room)

2.6 x 3.85 (extra space again)

Mk3 size parts (again, smallest size is shown first aka width not height)

1.5 x 2.75 (.25 m extra space in the cargo)

2.75 x 4 (extra space for the cargo bay)

4 x 5.25 (extra space again)

5.25 x 7.75 (extra space)

- Life support systems and modules, including long-term oriented things like greenhouses

- 5M engines and parts

- 2.5M LV-N, Ion, and Xenon tanks

- Fuel hose for surface refueling

- Articulated grabber (like the old Romfarer take on Canada arm and such)

- Propellers and other moving parts

If its any consolation, the in game lights do have a tweakable to change their color.
Change the RBG values of stock lights

I took that suggestion to mean running lights, which look green or red using emissives in mod parts. The stock lights are white no matter what color they emit.

- Life support systems and modules, including long-term oriented things like greenhouses

- 2.5M LV-N, Ion, and Xenon tanks

A 2.5m ion engine ? really ? That's not the point of an ion engine... W.H.Y?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.