wtb mod for action grouping engine thrust

tillyd

ive started to delve into making a shuttle ... ive managerd to build a pretty stable shuttle that does get into orbit with the help of mechjeb ...

however i believe mechjeb is in some forms a cheat and most definatly to get my shuttle into orbit because of all the trust adjustments i have to do whilst flying i certainly consider it cheating ... as i cannot fly the thing myself and perform all the thrust adjustments at the same time im just unhappy ... so im wondering if there is a mod out there that will allow me to action group my thrust adjustments so i can concentrate on flying the thing and just have to hit my action groups to achieve the desired thrust adjustment

Which kind of thrust adjustment? If you are looking for something to automatically vary engine thrust so the center of thrust lines up with the center of mass, there is Davon Throttle Control or Throttle Control Adjustment mods out there.

If you are looking for a mod that allows you to bind "set thrust limit percentage to X%" for a specific engine to an action group, I am not aware of an existing mod that does that. I am currently working on one that will do that, but it's no where near ready for release. (Currently looking at first release in the 3 to 4 weeks from now range.)

D.

Which kind of thrust adjustment? If you are looking for something to automatically vary engine thrust so the center of thrust lines up with the center of mass, there is Davon Throttle Control or Throttle Control Adjustment mods out there.

If you are looking for a mod that allows you to bind "set thrust limit percentage to X%" for a specific engine to an action group, I am not aware of an existing mod that does that. I am currently working on one that will do that, but it's no where near ready for release. (Currently looking at first release in the 3 to 4 weeks from now range.)

D.

thanks for your response .... im looking for one that your in the process of developing .... so please keep me posted on that one

Want ^^

As for Mech Jeb. Even the first rockets into orbit had some kind of a guidance computer as well as a team with computers on the ground to help it out -> That's what mechjeb makes up for, so its not cheating :P

Want ^^

As for Mech Jeb. Even the first rockets into orbit had some kind of a guidance computer as well as a team with computers on the ground to help it out -> That's what mechjeb makes up for, so its not cheating :P

i just think its cheating to use it to do the things you cant do by yourself ... hence my using mechjeb to pilot my shuttle and me adjust all the thrusts i consider cheating because i myself cant pilot it and perform all the adjustments at the same time .. most of the hardcore community would agree with me .... i also agree there should be a degree of auto piloting ... but to lift of from kerbin and land on eve and return with just hitting a few buttons is kinda cheating right ... (but i play the game for the piloting ) im sure the engineering type of player would strongly disagree each to there own i guess

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, because of the interest in it I've released a test version of my ModActions that allow you to type in a percentage to set the thrust limiter to.

Currently still under development and it only supports a single action at the moment, I would appreciate any feedback people have, especially on the GUI and how much sense it makes.

ModActions thread in Add-On Development

Let me know what you think,

D.

If you're looking for the easy route, look up a mod called Throttle Controlled Avionics. It automatically throttles your engines to ensure that your thrust vector points through your CoM. If you want something more interesting, watch ShimmytheJJ or EJ_SA on twitch, they do a lot of shuttles with stock, or near stock designs. Long story short, their designs involve rotating the shuttle engines so that they push towards the CoM, and the thrust vector stays centered. Here is a past broadcast by shimmy that is mostly him tweaking his shuttle design to work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.