Do you play with Camera Wobble on?

Rithsom

Do you play with Camera Wobble enabled?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play with Camera Wobble enabled?

• Enabled for both internal and external view
    • Only internal view
    • Only external view
    • No

In one of the Devnotes a few weeks back, the Devs stated they were going to add Camera Wobble to the game. Quite a few people were opposed of the idea then, so I'm wondering if this is still the case. Do you play with Camera Wobble enabled?

I do, it's on for both internal and external view. It makes selecting smaller parts a bit harder when in atmospheric flight, but other than that I find it quite nice.

Edited by Rthsom

It makes rockets look so much more powerful, instead of looking like an upside-down stove. I agree that it gets a bit nauseating when there's only a little bit of motion - they need to add some sort of cutoff system, so that the wobble only activates when you know it's going to really shake and not just tilt back and forth

I voted internal only, actually I have it turned up to 200% for internal and down to 25% for external. I love it in IVA view, really makes you feel the acceleration on launches and reentries. I like it in external view too, in principle, but I found the swaying effect really distracting since I could never tell whether the camera was swaying or the actual rocket, so I had to turn it way down so it's hardly noticeable anymore.

It's a nice effect for when things go wrong, or when making hard turns in planes. I just wish it would stay still when things are running smoothly. I had to turn it off because I like to fly planes in Locked camera mode, and the constant movement made it hard to tell when I actually had the camera centered correctly

On external mine's turned down to 20% of default (the variable sensitivity in place of an on/off was very thoughtful; thx Squad). It does not become noticable unless I pull 10+ G's or my entire launch vehicle explodes, at which point the camera shakes quite appropriately.

On internal mine's default. I don't do enough stuff IVA to make it worth changing.

I go to a tech school where we have enough KSP players to build a small fan club. We've gotten together with DMP and a telemachus LAN server and done IVA-only missions with two of us in cockpit, 1 in map view with timewarp control, and the other 5 in mission control suites. It'd be cool to turn up the shake to 250% for that.

I turned external shake down a bit, it gets rid of most of the normal atmospheric shaking, but still lets you know when you're pulling some high g's. As for internal shake, I've turned it up; nothing is quite as cool as banking in a plane and having the camera shake around.

I am opposed to the wobble of weapons in fps games, prefer the gun to stay still.

I was going to put quakecam on but the sway and wobble with nice sound fx is somewhat fitting the bill.

Max on internal to be more realistic (you shake if you are inside, but not if you are a floating camera).

80% on external because it is distracting and more realistic this way.

Edited by LABHOUSE

I never found the wobble nauseating, in fact I find I'm usually extremely cabable of judging orientation (I really need to try out a gyroscope or NASA's centrifuge one of these days...), and in fact I thought it was extremely entertaining when having a Flea booster make the camera shake violently in its short burst.

Even better was the one time I suddenly got violent shaking when I was coming in too hot on a re-entry, and just barely survived the landing by opening my chute. That was the first time KSP ever made my heart actually race!

I have it on 200% external and internal. It adds a factor of "Oh my god, this is a giant bomb where many things could go wrong!" to the craft. I can understand why some don't like it as much/at all; the menus for the parts moving is annoying.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.